Chapter 3

Be My Light

-Minhyun-

I woke up this morning extra early. My throat hurt and my vision was blurry, and not just from my bad eye sight. Attempting to sit up I felt something heavy on my stomach. It was Ricky, sleeping peacefully. I gently lifted him up, not to woke him. I had to stop and look at him, so innocent. I slowly walking into the shower and let the water run down my face and thought about what my dad said last night.

*Last Night*

"Min," I could hear my dad from outside my door. "Come in." I called him in and continued to finish my homework. "I'm sorry. I know I should have told you this before hand but this will be a good opportunity for Changhyun. He needs this." I couldn't look at him because I knew that it was true, but it still felt so wrong. "Tomorrow I'm going to take him to meet his teacher and get some school supplies, do you want to come with us?" "No, you should be the one to do that and I have a project to do." I coldly told him without making eye contact. "Okay, well I'm off tomorrow so go and work or have fun after school, just be safe and don't get to home late. Good night." "Night."

*End*

I quickly got out the shower and got dressed. Picking my bag up I kissed Ricky 's forehead before leaving the house while putting my glasses on. Walking without Ricky today it was very quiet, he would always say 'hi' to everyone and want to look at everything or want something. That's probably why I'm always late for homeroom. When I walked pass the flower shop I wanted to walk in but had no need to and instead of walking down the ally I walked the long way because I had so much time. I even got to school early, when I walked in it seemed like nobody was their. I walked to my homeroom and saw my teacher in there grading papers. "Good morning." He looked at me very surprised, "Oh good morning Ms. Yoo, I never thought I would see you in here this early." He laughed and continued grading papers, not paying attention to me as I put my bag down at my seat. "Hey Mr. Kwan," he looked at me, "have you heard of the new program for the mentally challenged kids?" He put down his pen and smiled at me, "Yes I have, why do you ask?" "I'm just asking. Do you know where the class is?" I walked back up to his desk. "Is there something you want to talk about?" "No, I just want to know." "Well the class is 803." He continued his work as I slowly stepped out of the room.

I walked down the 800 hallway and looked for the room. "803..." I whispered to myself and walked inside since the door was open. "Excuse me." I walked in further and saw no one. "Oh hello." A lady popped our from behind her desk making me jump. "Sorry I dropped some papers." I walked behind the desk and helped pick up the remaining papers. "Thanks you, I'm Mrs. Kwan." I bowed and gave her the papers. "Are you the new teacher?" She nodded with a smile. She had a warm smile and she was really pretty as well, she had to be in her 30's but she looked nice. "Are you related to one of the students?" I shyly nodded and pushed my glasses on my face. "Who?" "His name is Yoo Changhyun. I'm Yoo Minhyun. My dad and him are supposed to come and meet you today." She put down her papers and picked up a poster. "Can you help me put this up." "Yes. Where do you want it?" She pointed to a empty spot on the wall and we both walked over to it.

 

"Here's some tape." She handed a roll to me and I took some and put it on my fingers. As I began to put the poster up Mrs. Kwan began to ask me some questions. "So how long has your brother been mentally handicapped?" "For twelve years." "How old is he?" "He's 17 years old." I turned to look at her thinking about something. "If you don't mind me asking, what happened the him." "He got in a accident." "I'm sorry to hear that." "Its okay. It's nice to meet you but I have to go back to class now." I bowed and slowly walked back to class. When I got back to class a few people were there. They greeted me and I did the same, then I decided to lay my head down for a little.

 

-Zelo-

"Bye guys." I walked into class and to my surprise Minhyun was there, she was asleep, but she was there. I sat in my seat and laid my head down next to her. She looked so cute, she had her glasses pushed up to her forehead and her cheeks pushed together. "Minhyun wake up." I poked her cheek and saw one of her eyes open, "NO." "Come on Minnie, do I have to kiss you to wake you up?" She heard that and her head shot up from the table, "No need for that today." I leaned back in my chair. "One day." "Whatever." "What are we doing after school today?" I waited for a excuse. "We....we can start the project or just hang out." "Really?!?!" I damn near jumped out of my seat with excitement. "Sit down stupid." "I'm sorry but it's not everyday you hear such a rear thing. First your early to school, now you want to hang out with me. ITS A MIRACLE." She hit my arm and I acted like it hurt. "I'VE BEEN SHOT!!!!" She covered my mouth. "Hey let's settle down now. Class is about to begin." Mr.Kwan looked at us and laugh.

School was finally over and we began to make our way out of school. " Do you have any ideas on who we can interview? " "Yeah I know exactly who we can interview." I pulled her arm and began to walk towards my house.