Chapter 17

Be My Light

-Minhyun-

I was shocked Ms. Lee's words. "Minhyun, are you alright?" I nodded and looked at her in her eyes. "So your telling me the if I do this.....Changhyun gets to stay? " "Correct. Chan Hee needs to be published for what he has done to you." I could feel my dad grab my hand, squeezing it, "Are you comfortable with this?" I nodded my head and smiled at everyone. "All I have to do is take pictures of the bruises and everything." "Yes that and come down to the police station and pick him out." "Can I ask you something?" She nodded. "Why are you helping us? Byung Hun is your brother and Chan Hee is your cousin. Isn't the last thing you want to do is help us?" She softly smiled and reached for my hand. "Those two have been getting in trouble since they were born and it seemed like no one could stop them. I want to stop them so please help me." "I'll do it."

-Zelo-

"Are you still mad?" "I'm not mad." "Zelo you been walking around for the past week with that stupid mad look on your face." Yongguk throw his arm over my shoulder, "Come on you can tell your big brother. This is all about Min, huh?" I rolled my eyes and nodded. "I don't see why she's not your girlfriend." It's not that. It's that she lied to me. I'm her best friend and she lied to me. She said she had some family problems but that didn't look like that. She just wanted to spend time with that retard." In a flash he smacked the back of my head. "Junhong what's wrong with you? You sound selfish, she's not yours so she can do whatever she wants. Just say sorry to her and forget about that." "Hyung it's not that easy," I sighed, rubbing my temples, "she's been gone this whole week. I tried to call her but she never did pick up. I would go to her house but then I'll look like a weirdo." I could hear him chuckle at me, "You are a weirdo. That's why you two are perfect for each other."

 

-Zelo-

"Another day." I said under my breath as I stared at the empty seat next to me. I laid my head down on the table and just waited for class to start. I was almost about to fall asleep until I heard the chair next to me move. I thought it was one of the girls in the class asking me what was wrong so I kept my head down. Time went but quickly and class was about to start. "Junhong seat up please." Lowly groaning I sat up and looked to my said and nearly attacked Minhyun. "Minhyun," her name slipped out my mouth and she slowly looked at me with a small smile. "I didn't want to wake you." I didn't know if I should hug her or yell at her but I couldn't do anything because class was starting.

 

-Minhyun-

Half way during class I felt something fall on my lap and looked down to see a piece of paper folded. I cautiously opened it and saw a note inside.

'Where were you? -Zelo'

I signed and wrote down my response.

'I had some family things to a tend to. I'll have to explain it later.'

I slid the note back to him and went back to listening to the teacher. Minutes later he slid it back towards me.

'You said that last time and when I saw you it didn't look like it >:('

I rolled my eyes and sighed.

'Well I wasn't lying. It was family business. I needed to be with him that day. I'll explain later.'

'Why was if family business? Why did you need to be with him? Why him?'

' He's my brother.'