Chapter 5

Be My Light

-Zelo-

"That went well." I walked Minhyun home after the interview. "Yeah after we got them to stop laughing." We walked in silence for awhile until she stopped walking. "Zelo you should get home before it's to late. I can walk the rest of the way home its like ten minutes." "Ten minutes of you by yourself in the cold night. Not a change I'm walking you. What kind of best friend would I be if I just let you go." I throw my arm over her shoulders and walked.

"As long as I've known you I have never seen your house it's nice." "Thanks." She stood in fount of me with her heart warming smile. "Minhyun can I ask you something?" "What?" "So ummm my friend likes this girl. He's liked her ever since they first met. He doesn't know if she likes him too so he's afraid of ruining a perfect friendship but he wants more, so much more. How does he know if she liked him." She made her thinking face and rubbing the back of her neck. "Well I guess that if she always tells him how she feels. If she can be herself around him then she likes him. If she feels safe around him and when he does skinship and she doesn't push him away, she likes him."

 

-Minhyun-

"Well I better go now, I don't want to worry my dad. We can work some more tomorrow if you want since its Saturday." "Cool. I'll pick you up at 10." I watched as he began to walk away and I began to get curious. "Zelo," I called out his name making him turn quickly, "who's the girl?" "What so you mean?" "The girl you like." He walked back up to me, looking down at me. "I don't like anyone." "Don't lie to me. Everyone knows that when someone says their friend it's them. So who is she?" He chuckled and patted me. "You'll meet her soon, I know you'll like her. Go get some sleep and I'll see you in the morning. Goodnight." "Goodnight."

I walked in the house and was tackled by Ricky. "Minhyun you finally home. I miss you." He pulled my arm making me go into his room, pointing to all the bags on the floor. "Dad got them. They my school stuff." Faking a smile I walked to my room and closed the door. Not even ten minutes later there was a knock on my door. "Minhyun," my dad walked in, closing the door behind him, "how was school." "Good." "I need to talk to you." I patted the spot to me on the bed for him to sit next to me. "Minhyun monday will be Rickys first day. His class doesn't have a homeroom and I can't stay with him because I have work." I looked at him waiting for him to finish. I know it's selfish of me to say this but I was hoping that he would say that he couldn't go to school anymore. "So for homeroom he's going to be with you and your going to walk him to his class when the teacher gets there."

 

-Seunghyun-

After finishing telling Min what is going on she looked the opposite direction that I was. I heard her sniff like she was crying and I made her look at me. "What's wrong Minhyun?" She wiped her face and sighed. "I'm just really happy," she smiled at me, "Ricky has never been able to be a normal person and now be can kinda be normal. " I pulled her into my arms and brushed her head. I missed being this close to my daughter, I could feel my eyes watering up. "Min we're going to do this together. I'm here and I want you to remember that. I love you." I kissed the top of her head.