Chapter 26

Be My Light

*Author*

Seunghyun sat outside the hospital room with his hands over his eye. No matter what anyone told him he knew that this was his fault. "DAD!" He looked up to see Minhyun run into his arms. "Min," he held her tight wiping his eyes so she wouldn't see. "Is he okay?" "I'm not sure yet. He's alive so we can handle anything that happens after this." Still holding Min he looked at Mrs. Kim as she sat next to him. "Have they told you anything yet." Before he could answer the doctor walk out of the room.

"Is he already?" The doctor sighed heavily. "He has some damage to the brain. Well run some MRI's to see how bad it is. You can go in the room now but he still hasn't awaken. If he does I need for you to call the nurses soon possible. Also you should get him some things to make him comfortable, I know it must be hard to be a little kid in a scary place." "Thank you." As soon as he left they all walked in the room. Tears began to build up in Minhyun's eyes seeing her brother like this. He had an I.V in his arm and the top of his head wrapped in bandages. She walked away from her father and grabbed her brothers hand. "Ricky can you hear me? Can you please wake up? I promise I won't be mean to you anymore and I'll even do the things you like. I'll play soccer with you and your friends and let you read to me and whatever you want you just have to wake." She whispered to him while caressing his hand. "Dad?" She turned around to look at him, "can you get some things for Changhyun so when he wakes up he'll have some thing?" "You can take my car, I'll stay with them." Mrs. Kim patted his back and handed him the keys.

*Seunghyun*

Walking in the house I felt my heart get heavy. I quickly grabbed Changhyun's backpack and placed things that would comfort him. Books about soccer, a picture of Minhyun and him, and his favorite stuffed animal. I knew what I had to get so I could get out quickly but I was stopped when I spotted a note on the counter that made the bag fall from my hands. 'Seunghyun I'm sorry but I can't leave like this anymore. After what I did to Changhyun i can bear to see him after what I did. I'm sorry.' *Author* Angrily Seunghyun grabbed the bag and stomped to the car and taking out his phone. Call their mother it went automatically to voicemail. "I don't want you to ever come near my kids again you ungrateful . If I ever see you around them I will end you."

*Minhyun*

I sat on Mrs. Kim's lap while she breaded my hair out of my face. "There you go sweetheart." She patted my sides so I could stand up again. Dad walked with a different look on his face. "Thank you Mrs. Kim," He handed her back her keys and handed me Rickys bag, "I did good?" "Yeah, thanks dad." "Min come with me I need to talk to you." I didn't ask anything and held my dad's hand. We walked outside and he sat me on his lap and held my hand. "Min this isn't easy to say so I'm just going to say it alright. I need you to be a big girl for me okay?" "Okay." *Seunghyun* I signed and held her hand tighter. "Your mom-" "I don't like her." "What do you mean?" She stood up, "I don't like her. She hurt Changhyun and she didn't help. She always yells at you and makes us feel bad." Hearing this come out of I didnt know to feel worried or relieved. "Well Min thats the thing, she-" "Seunghyun he's waking up."

*Author*

Hearing this Min ran to the side of the bed holding his hand. "Changhyun?" She grabbed his hand harder seeing his eyes slowly pry open. "Changhyun!" He finally opened his eyes and looked at her with a unreadable look. "Changhyun it's me. Ricky it's me, Minhyun... say something." "Mmmmm..." "Changhyun, come on you can say it." "Mmmm." He grounded and looked away from Min letting his eyes explore the room, like a curious baby would. "Changhyun!?!" He didn't listen to her. She tried to get his attention again but was generally pulled away by her father so the doctors could look at him. "Dad he doesn't remember me, why doesn't he remember me?" She cried hard and Seunghyun picked her up, walking out of the room. "Its okay Min. He'll remember," he held her head close to his chest, "don't worry Min. He'll remember."