Chapter 16

Be My Light

-Seunghyun-

I burst into the hospital running to look for my children. "Tell me where you have Yoo Minhyun and Yoo Changhyun." I told the woman at the front desk. "Their both in room number 537." I quickly ran down the hall towards their room. I stopped in front of the door collecting myself. Opening the door I saw Minhyun and Changhyun sitting next to each other on the bed. She had a small cut on her cheek. "Guys," I ran to them and hugged them, "are you okay." "Did you bring the clothes?" I nodded and handed Min a bag with a change of clothes. While they went to the bathroom to change the doctor came in to talk to me. "Are you their father?" I nodded. "Good. Your daughter is pretty tough. What she's been throw most girls would have major damage, but she only has only a couple of scratches and bruises. The swelling on her eye went down and we ran some test and didnt find anything. Her ankle is sprained and that's about the worst of it." I sighed with relief. "What about Changhyun?" "He's a hero. If he didn't call the police and go back for her, a sprained ankle would be the least of our problems." He patted my shoulder. "You can take them home after the paperwork."

-Minhyun-

When I woke up the next day my whole body hurt, groaning as I tried to sit up. With all my strength I stood up but quickly collapsed on the floor. Landing on the floor, I made a loud thud making my dad come running into my room with Ricky behind him. "Minhyun what are you doing?" He placed my arm over his shoulders so he could help me stand. "I was trying to get up but my leg hurts." "You need to be careful." He sat me on my bed and sat next to me. "Please be careful." "Minhyun," slowly took my hand and sat on his knees in front of me, " it hurts?" "No. It doesn't hurt." I played with his hair and watched as his smile slowly grow on his face. "Come on lets leave Minhyun so she can wash up." My dad patted Rickys shoulder, "call me if you need anything and I called your school and told them you won't be there for a little." "Thank you." Feeling the water run down my body I felt clean and refreshed. It felt like all my troubles just washed away for a while. Reality soon hit me after I got out and wiped all the fog off the mirror to see the cuts on my face, followed my the purple bruises. My eyes went down my body to look at my arms and legs to see similar injuries. Letting my towel drop, I silently cried when I saw multiple black and purple spots on my stomach that hurt to the touch. "It could have been worse." I told my self. "It could have been worse."

 

-Seunghyun-

I watched as Minhyun slowly limped her way into the kitchen. "When's the last time you ate something?" "Yesterday, morning." "Go sit down and I'll make you something." She nodded and with the help of Changhyun she sat down at the table. I quickly made her some thing so eat and watched her eat it. "Who are you feeling?" "Better. I just hope this scratch doesn't leave a scare." She laughed while putting her hands over the scratches on her face. "What about your ankle?" "It'll be better soon. It feels like when I sprained my ankle in soccer, I'll live."

 

-Minhyun-

That day we sat in the living room and watched movies together like we would used to do. We all acted like nothing had happened, like yesterday never happened. Sometimes I would actually forget about yesterday until I would laugh at something it would make my stomach hurt. "Minhyun. Look at the rain." Ricky looked out the window and began to follow the drops on the window with his finger. I watched the rain fall but then got distracted by car lights that stopped in front of our house. "Dad are you having someone over?" I asked, watching a lady running from her car to the front door. My dad opened the door and greeted her. "Please come in." "Oh thank you. Sorry for coming at this time." "No, no it's fine. Minhyun, Changhyun, come her." Ricky quickly walked over to him and I slowly follows behind him. "So this is Minhyun and Changhyun. It's nice to meet you. Let me introduce myself I'm Ms. Lee."