Chapter 12

Be My Light

-Zelo-

"Minhyun?" "Yeah." She turned around in front of me as we stopped in front of her house. "I have something to tell you." "Yeah?" My heart began to beat faster and I felt like I couldn't talk. "So tomorrow when we go on the date I wanted to know if you wanted to..." I just couldn't get the words out my mouth. It was just stuck in my throat and wouldn't come out. What if she says no and we're not friends anymore. "Zelo?" "Oh sorry. I just wanted to know if you....wanted to go down town tomorrow." I nervously rubbed the back of my neck and laughed. "I guess so. I'll see you tomorrow okay."

-Minhyun-

I walked in the house and heard noises coming from the back. I slowly walked towards the noise and found that it was coming from Rickys room. "What's going on?" I asked my dad when I walked in the room and saw my dad and Ricky packing clothes in a suitcase. "Min," my dad got up and slowly walked towards me, "I can explain."

-Seunghyun-

Minhyun had a angry look on her face, the same look her mother used to give me. "Well explain." "Let's go in the other room." We walked in the kitchen and she crossed her arms. "Explain." "Min. Changhyun has to go away. Only for a little, just until I get everything together." "How long is a little." I signed and looked down at my hands because I knew this would be the worst part. "As far as I know it could take up to....5 years." I finally said it, silence filled the air and I finally looked up, Min stared blankly the floor. "Minhyun." I touched her shoulder and she pulled away from me. "Don't touch me," She told me coldly, "did you tell Changhyun about this or were you just going to let them come take him. Or do you even care about how he feels." "No I didn't tell him. I was hoping you could tell him. He's closer to you so he might take it easier."

-Minhyun-

I couldn't believe my ears. After all this he wants me to be the one to tell him that he's leaving. "What kind of parent are you?" I backed away from him and he stood shocked. "Minhyun i-" "No. Don't Minhyun me. I'm not telling my brother that he's being taken away form me. When he asks why what do you want me to tell him? Oh I'm sorry Changhyun your being taken away because you tried to save me for a bad guy and your being punished." My hands began to ball up into fist as I continued. "And why I'm I the one that has to tell him? I'm the only person that is against this. I'm not going to do it." "You don't think I'm against this too. I get called at told that my children are at the police station and that there's a kid in the hospital. Then to find out that I'm getting my son taken away from me then to find out that it's because he was trying to save you. Seeing those bruises and walking pass you room only to hear you cry at night. You don't think it bothers me too?" I could see the tears forming in his eyes. "Just please. Do it." He whispered in his deep voice and walled out the front door.

I slowly walked back to Rickys rooms, thinking about my father's words. "Ricky." I called him and he quickly jumped up off the floor to stand in front of me. "Ricky...I..." I couldn't do it this. I couldn't tell him. My vision began to get blurry and Ricky hugged me knowing that something was wrong. "Minhyun I don't wanna go." I looked him in the eyes and saw that he was crying. "Don't worry. I won't let them take." "Promise." "Promise."