Chapter 1

Be My Light

-Minhyun-

“Minhyun,” I could feel someone tapping on my leg, “Minhyun.” I slowly opened my eyes to see Ricky over me. “What?” I finally sat up and rubbed my eyes to clean my vision so I could see what time it was. I saw it was 2:34 a.m, in the freaking morning. “Yoo Chang Hyun, do you know what time it is, huh?” He looked down and handed me my glasses. “Whats wrong?” “I pee myself.” Fixing my glasses I looked down at his pants to see that they were soaked with piss. I signed and got up, taking his hand, walking to the bathroom trying not to make any noise. Sitting him on the toilet I started to run his bathwater. “Did you have another dream about her?” He sadly shook his head yes. “I know you miss her, I do too. We all do.” I turned off the water off and left the room so he could get undressed.

 

I waited for him to call me when he was in. When ever he does this it makes me think about her. I know that I hate her with all my heart but sometimes I do miss her even though she hurt use so much. My dad, Me, and especially Ricky. “Minhyun,” I heard him call my name quietly so our dad would wake up. I pushed the door open and smiled at the sight of mine as he played the bubbles in his water. “I guess you found them, huh? I try to hide the bubbles but you're so smart you always find them.” He gave me his baby smile and blew the bubbles in his hands. “Min. Bubbles!!” I sat on the side of the tub next to him, “Shh, you don't want to wake dad up.” He covered his mouth, “No, no, no. That bad.” “Real bad,” i poured shampoo in my hand and began to wash his hair. I had to stop when my fingers glazed over the scar, covered but his hair, sending a shived down my spin. “Lay your head back.” I rinsed out all the soap and washed the rest of him, wrapping him in a towel.  Walking back to my room I sat him down on my bed and went to get him some clothes for him to wear. “Here Ricky put these on, when you're done get in my bed and get some more sleep.” “Minhyun, I sorry.” I kissed his forehead and walked back to his room . “I wish he wouldn't piss the bed when he dreams about you,” I began to pull off all his sheets and putting the load in the washer, “why can't he just cry like a normal person.”

 

I walked back to my room and saw that he was fast asleep. I would have got back in the bed, but if he peed on me I might kill him, besides its time for me to start getting everyone ready for the day. I usually get up at 4 so I can make breakfast for Ricky and my dad, pick out their clothes, make sure dads suit is ironed, and make sure my homework is done. I know that I don't have to do all of this but I have to, it helps because I know that its done.

 

*6:30*

“Ricky you have a good day today okay.” He gave me one last hug goodbye. I finally got him off  of me and I said goodbye to Mrs. Kim. Shes a good friend of my mothers and im glad that she lets Ricky stay her flower shop while I was at school and my dad is at work. I hurried up and left, running down the alley next to her shop. I was lucky and got there right when the school bell rang. I was able to run right in my class before the late bell rang. I sat in my seat and began to catch my breath and fix my uniform. “Wow, Minhyun I never thought I would see you run that fast. I think thats a record.” I looked up to see Junhong laughing at me. When he sat down I punched him in the arm and listened to the teacher teach his lesson.

 

Classes went by very fast and it was already lunch. I usually sit with Junhong or he likes to be call Zelo, Jongup, and Youngjae. We all grow up together after we all meet on the first day of middle school. I know about everything about them and they know almost everything about me, well everything except for Ricky. I had fell asleep at the table because of the lack of sleep last night. “AYE, Minhyun wake up, you can't sleep at school its illegal.” Jongup said shaking my head. “Where in the hell do you see a rule that says that you can't sleep at school. Plus, Jonggie, its lunch and i'm freaking tired.” Everyone laughed at him and Zelo sat next to me trying to feed me some cherry tomatoes. “Zelo why don't you ever share your tomatoes with me.” Youngjae said angrily crossing his arms, “Because he likes me more than you.” I stuck my tongue out at him and ate the cherry tomato. “Minhyun, do you want to come over today after practice?” Zelo asked and I begin to think about it. I would love to but right after practice I had to get Ricky. “I dont think I cant. Right after practice I have things to do.” “You always have things to do. You need a break before you lose your mind,” I just laughed and ignored his comment. The rest of my classes past and so did soccer practice. All the girls rested and drank water, while wiping the sweat of their faces. When I looked at the bleachers, like always, I saw the usual five boys sitting there watching me. “Minhyun, your so lucky to have them as friends,” one of the girls on the team told me referring to the boys. “There not as cool as you would think.” She just laughed as we made our way to the locker room to change.

 

“Minhyun your getting better every day.” Yongguk told, leaning against the wall, as all the boys waited for me to finish getting changed. “Thanks. I told you guys you don't have to wait for me.” “We wanted to,” Himchan wrapped his arm around my shoulders. “Well Thanks for waiting, but I have to go. Ill see your guys late.” I quickly ran off making my way to pick Ricky up. Hearing the bell ring from the door opening, Ricky popped his head from the back and ran to hug me. “Minhyun, I missed you.” I rubbed his head and kissed his forehead. “Missed you to Ricky. Thanks Mrs. Kim, i'll see you tomorrow.” We waved good bye and left.

 

When we got home our dad wasn't home, like usually. “Ricky homework time.” Ricky happily clapped his hands and ran to his room grabbing his note book. We sat down at the table in the living room and we began working. Ricky loves to draw and write so when I have to do my homework I make him write down the alphabet or rewrite a sentence ten times. Hes so smart, but I know he would be smarter if he want this way. “Good job Ricky.” He gave me his bubbly smile that always brightens up my day.