Housemates

Unexpected Angel

"Wow," Hani said as she was still mesmerized by Woohyun's house. She was still speechless after the Infinite members finished showing her around the house.

"I guess she still needs some time to get used to this house," Sunggyu said. "Now that we're done with the house tour, there's some questions that I still have to ask Hani." Sunggyu turned and faced Hani. "Hani-ah, where are you going to stay?" he asked her.

Hani was still staring in space.

"Hani-ah?" Sunggyu asked as he waved his hand in front of her.

"Oh, what?" Hani said as she snapped out of her daze.

"I was wondering where you would stay during your time here on earth," Sunggyu said.

"Oh right, I actually haven't thought about that," Hani said. She started to think about a place where she can stay and finally she thought of an idea. She turned and faced Woohyun. "Woohyun oppa," she said with a smile.

Woohyun was stunned for a moment and felt his heart beating faster. *Aish, why is my heart beating so fast when she called me that. Wait, am I starting to have a weak heart! No, I'm too young to die from a heart attack!* Woohyun was too busy thinking to himself that he forgot that Hani called him.

"Woohyun oppa," Hani said as she waved her hand in front of him. "Hello, are you there?"

Woohyun finally noticed Hani trying to get his attention and snapped out of his daze. "Yeah, what?" he asked as he looked up.

"So I was thinking that I could stay at your house since I don't have anywhere to go," Hani said.

Woohyun was processing what she just said for a moment. "WAIT, WHAT!" he yelled as he realized what Hani asked. "I CAN'T LET A GIRL LIVE AT MY HOUSE EVEN IF YOU'RE AN ANGEL!"

"Ah," Hani said as she covered her ears. "You're yelling again, don't you remember that I have keen ears and they're very sensitive."

"Oh sorry, I forgot," Woohyun said. "But I still won't let you live here."

"Come on Woohyun," Hoya said. "Why won't you let Hani live with you, she doesn't have anywhere else to go. Besides you live alone and the guest's room is empty so she can have that room."

"You guys also live alone, why not let her stay at your place," Woohyun suggested.

"As much as we're fine with that we can't," Hoya said. "She's your angel that's here to help you and she can't help you if she's not there for you 24/7."

The rest of the Infinite members agreed.

Woohyun looked at all the members in disbelief. "So all of you guys want me to take her in?" Woohyun asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yep," they all said.

"Woohyun, I already see Hani as the little sister that I've always wanted," Sunggyu stated. "I'm not going to let her stay out in the streets at night so you're our best bet."

"I'm still not agreeing to do this, and also she's not my angel," Woohyun said. "She's just an angel that's here to help me."

"Please, Woohyun oppa," Hani said as she made a puppy dog face.

Woohyun faltered for a moment, but kept his ground. "No, there's no way that I'm going to let her stay here."

The Infinite members and Hani looked defeated.

"Oh well, since he said no, why don't you stay at my place?" Hoya asked.

"No, my place is way better, I have a bunch of video games that we can play with," Sungyeol said as he faced Hani.

All of the Infinite members, except Woohyun, started to suggest letting Hani stay at their place.

Woohyun looked at them in disbelief. "I thought that you guys couldn't take her in," Woohyun said.

"Yeah, we did, but only because she really wanted to stay at your place," Hoya stated. "But you refused so now we're going to let her stay at one of our houses."

Woohyun looked at the members talking to Hani trying to convince her to stay at their house and started to regret saying no. He tried to convince himself that having her staying at his house would just be a nuisance, but he had to admit that he actually kind of wanted her to stay at his place. "Okay guys, I agree on letting her stay at my house."

Everybody looked at Woohyun.

"What made you change your mind?" Sunggyu asked.

"Well I was thinking that since her job is to help me, maybe it would be easier for her to accomplish her assignment if she stayed with me," Woohyun said.

"Really!" Hani said excitedly. "You'll let me stay at your house?"

"Yes, but only because I want you to accomplish your assignment quickly so that you would leave me alone and go back to heaven," Woohyun said.

Hani's smile started to fade. "Do you really dislike me that much that you would want me to go away so quickly," Hani said with sadness in her voice.

Woohyun saw how sad she looked and started to feel guilty. "No, um, that's not what I meant," Woohyun started to say.

"It's okay," Hani said regaining her smile, "because I'm going to make you like my presence while I'm here with you. I know for sure that I can make you my friend."

Woohyun looked at her and was surprised that she regained her smile so quickly.

"So it's settled, Hani's going to stay at Woohyun's house," Sunggyu said.

"Awww, I wanted to play video games together," Sungyeol said with a pout.

"Don't worry Sungyeol, we can do that here," Sunggyu said.

"What do you mean?" Woohyun asked. "Are you guys going to sleep over again?"

"You know us too well," Sunggyu said as he smiled at Woohyun. "Guys, let's unpack, it's already 4 o' clock."

The others started to unpack except for Woohyun.

"Wait, I've never said yes to this," Woohyun said to Sunggyu.

"Yeah, but you know that you can't stop us if we all agree on something," Sunggyu replied.

Woohyun thought about it and looked defeated. "You're right, there's no point in wasting my energy to stop you since there's no way that you would," Woohyun said as he stepped aside and watched the other members unpacking. "Well, I'll just stand here while they unpack. They won't mind right?"


 

It only took the members and Hani less than 6 minutes to unpack. They were all sitting down on the couch after they finished.

"What should we do now?" Myungsoo asked.

"Let's play video games since Sunggyu promised me that we could play them here," Sungyeol said.

"I agree with Sungyeol," Hani said as she raised her hand. "I actually played some in heaven and they're really fun."

"They have video games in heaven?!" Sungyeol asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, I play them when I'm bored," Hani replied.

"I thought that heaven didn't have video games or entertainment," Woohyun said.

"It used to be like that, but the angels started to get bored out of their minds. Especially when they don't have assignments," Hani said. "God didn't like that we were unhappy so he brought us video games and karaoke."

"Wow, I think I just learned something new again," Woohyun said. "Besides from angels having good hearing and vision, and also that they're life-size."

"Well what are we waiting for, let's play," Sungyeol said impatiently.

Everybody started to move to the gaming room.

"Wait, you guys have a gaming room?" Hani asked.

"Oh yeah, we forgot to show you that during the house tour," Dongwoo said.

Hani entered the room and saw that it was very big, but had no windows.

"Why aren't there any windows?" Hani asked.

"We like the room dark when we play since the light would just interfere with the image on the screen," Sungjong replied.

Everybody sat on the ground and Hani saw that the room was filled with different types of electronics. Sungyeol got up and started to pick out some games. "Hani-ah, what type of games do you want to play?" he asked.

"Anything is fine," she replied.

"Okay, then let's play this one," Sungyeol said. He placed in the game and sat down in between Hani and Dongwoo.

"So who's on who's team?" Hoya asked.

"We should let Hani pick who she wants to play with since she's our guest," Sunggyu said. "Hani, who do you want on your team?"

Hani thought about it for a moment. "I want Woohyun on my team," she replied with a smile.

Woohyun was surprised as everybody looked at him. "Why do you want me on your team?" he asked.

"It's because I told you that we would become friends," Hani said with a smile.

"Okay then Hani's teammate is Woohyun. Now let's play rock-paper-scissors to decide who would get to pick their teammates," said Sunggyu.

The members started to play and Sungyeol won first, Hoya won second.

Sungyeol started to decide who to pick. "Hmm, I'll pick Myungsoo," Sungyeol said. Myungsoo walked up and high-fived Sungyeol with a smile.

"I'll pick Dongwoo," said Hoya. Dongwoo walked up to Hoya and also high-fived him.

"I guess I'm stuck with the grandpa," Sungjong said as he sighed.

"Who are you calling a grandpa!" Sunggyu yelled at Sungjong. "I'm still in my twenties for your information."

"Yeah, but still way older than me," Sungjong replied.

"It's only a two year difference," Sunggyu said.

"Guys, can we start now," Myungsoo said.

Sunggyu looked over and saw that everybody was waiting. "Oh yeah, let's start," he said trying to sound casual.