Nicknames

Unexpected Angel

The bell just rang which signaled the end of school. *Yes, finally!* Woohyun thought as he quickly packed up. *I have to quickly leave or else I'm going to be trapped again!* He finally finished packing and was about to leave with Hani, who was sitting right next to him, when suddenly a crowd of girls surrounded them.

"Woohyun oppa, do you want to hang out with us?" one of them asked.

"No, he's going to hang out with us instead!" someone else said.

Woohyun started to feel anxious being trapped in the middle of the crowd and looked for Hani. Somehow she got out of the crowd and she was his only hope of getting out of there alive. *Hani, where are you?* He thought anxiously. All of a sudden, a noise from a siren got the attention of everybody in the classroom. Woohyun looked over and saw Hani standing at the front of the classroom holding a bullhorn.

"Guys, I can't believe what I saw!" she said. "There was a crowd surrounding a truck and it looked like they were giving out free ice cream."

The crowd of girls did not look interested by what Hani said. Hani was surprised since she thought that they would storm out to get free ice cream. *Do they not like ice cream? I thought everybody loved ice cream* she thought confused. She looked over at Woohyun and saw him mouth something. She didn't understand what he was mouthing and shook her head looking puzzled.

Woohyun facepalmed himself and said, "Hey, I think the people giving out free ice cream is Big Bang! I saw someone that looked just like G-Dragon give out autographs."

The crowd of girls believed in what he said and quickly ran out of the school looking for the truck. When they were gone, Woohyun let out a relief sigh. "Really, free ice cream?!" he said.

"I thought that it would work," Hani said as she pouted. "And how could they refuse ice cream, no one ever refuses ice cream."

"Anyways, they're gone now so lets go," Woohyun said as he walked out of the classroom.

Hani ran out and caught up to him. "You know, you owe me ice cream," she said as she looked up at him.

"Yeah, I know," Woohyun said.

"So, are we going to get ice cream?" Hani asked with a hopeful look on her face.

"Of course, I never break a promise," Woohyun replied.

Hani's smile grew as she started to walk faster. "Come on, oppa!" she said excitedly. She was already walking far ahead of him.

"Aigoo, she has such a sweet tooth," Woohyun said as he smiled. He caught up to her and brought her to the ice cream store. "What flavor do you want?" he asked Hani.

"Chocolate!" Hani said excitedly never leaving her eyes from the ice cream displays.

"I'll have two chocolate ice creams please," Woohyun said to the worker. He paid and sat down at a seat across from Hani. "So how are you liking Earth so far?" he asked.

"It's really nice. I got to tour Seoul for the first time and even got ice cream!" Hani said happily. "And best of all I got to meet you." She smiled at Woohyun as she said that. Woohyun could feel his heart beat faster and faster. "Just kidding, the best thing is the food of course," Hani said teasingly.

Woohyun grew disappointed. "What, how is the food better than meeting me?!" Woohyun said as he pouted. The ice cream came and they both dug in. "You know what, you're right," Woohyun said as he ate his ice cream. "Food is way better than me."

"See, I told you," Hani said with full. After they were done eating, they left the store. "That was delicious!" Hani said while smiling. They both started to walk back home, but then spotted an arcade. "Oppa, do you want to play in the arcade?" Hani asked.

"Sure," Woohyun replied. They went in and decided to play something. They picked a 2 player fighting game. "Hey, let's make a bet," Woohyun suggested.

"Okay sure, what do you want to bet on?" Hani asked.

"The loser would have to give the winner a piggyback ride," Woohyun said mischievously.

"Deal," Hani said. They started the game and both went into a button mashing competition. Hani won the first round. "Yes!" she cheered.

"Aish, I'm definitely winning the next round," Woohyun said determined. The second round Woohyun won. "Woohoo!" he cheered.

"Aish, I almost got him," Hani mumbled to herself.

"The last round decides everything," Woohyun said. They both got really competitive as they started the game. During the game, they mashed the buttons until their hands hurt, but neither of them wanted to give in. Finally, Hani's character made the finishing move and Woohyun's character lied on the ground in defeat. "No!" Woohyun said crestfallen. "I refuse to lose. Lets have rematch."

"Alright, but it won't change anything," Hani said triumphantly.

"But not this game," Woohyun said. "I want to pick another game."

"Okay, go ahead," Hani said.

Woohyun looked around and saw a Dance Dance Revolution machine. Woohyun smirked since he found the one game that he has never lost at before. "I pick that one," he said as he pointed at it. They went over to the machine and got on. Hani was on the left one as Woohyun was on the right. "Let's only do one round," Woohyun said. "Winner takes all." He put out his hand waiting for Hani to shake it.

"Winner takes all," Hani said as she shook Woohyun's hand. They started the game on hard mode. Woohyun picked the longest and hardest song hoping that Hani would lose all of her stamina before even finishing it.

The song started and they both followed the arrows on the screen. The arrows came faster and faster, and it was getting harder for Hani to catch up. She was missing a bunch of arrows as she was panting heavily. After 3 minutes she couldn't take it anymore and stopped dancing. She was holding onto the rail trying to catch her breath. She looked over and saw Woohyun still going. He didn't even miss one single arrow which amazed her. After the song ended, Woohyun stopped dancing and started to breathe heavily. He looked over at Hani and saw that she had on a bewildered expression.

"What?" Woohyun asked.

"How did you do that?" Hani asked.

"It's DDR, I'm a master at DDR," Woohyun said with a proud smile. "Anyways, that means that I win so you have to give me a piggyback ride."

"Do I really have to?" Hani asked.

"Yes, a deal is a deal," Woohyun said. He led her outside and made her bend down. He jumped onto her and fastened his arms around her neck. Hani held his legs and slowly stood up.

"Aish, I can't believe I lost," Hani said as she pouted.

"Yeah, yeah, now let's go," Woohyun said as he pointed forwards. Hani started to walk home, and unluckily for her, there were no buses at that time. As she was walking with Woohyun on her back, people started to look at them.

"Aigoo, what a cute couple," somebody said. "Reminds me of my younger days."

"Cute?" Hani asked herself. "How is this cute? I'm carrying an 18 year old boy on my back!"

"Are you saying that I'm not cute," Woohyun said. "Just to let you know, my aegyo is the best that you'll ever see."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Hani said.

"Hani, can't you go any faster? I think a 3 year old on a tricycle can even past you," Woohyun said.

"If I go any faster then you might end up falling," Hani replied.

Woohyun pouted. "I'm bored," he said.

"Then let's play a game," Hani suggested.

Woohyun thought for a moment. "Then how about the truth game?" he asked.

"Truth game? What's that?" Hani asked.

"We ask each other questions and then we have to answer them truthfully," Woohyun said.

"Oh, okay then, I'll play," Hani said.

"I'll go first!" Woohyun said excitedly. "Chocolate or vanilla?"

"Chocolate," Hani replied without even hesitating. "Meat or dessert?"

"That's a hard one," Woohyun said. After thinking for a moment he said, "I guess I'll go with meat. How about you?"

"I wouldn't even be able to pick," Hani replied. "It's just too hard to choose between the two."

"Then let me ask another question," Woohyun said. He contemplated over what he should ask and finally thought of something. "How do you think of me?" he asked.

"Hmm," Hani said. "Well, you're nice."

"That's it? You have to be more descriptive," Woohyun said.

"Like what?" Hani asked.

"Like if I'm good looking or not and if I have a nice personality or not," Woohyun replied, "but truthfully I bet that you would say that I'm handsome and have an amazing personality."

"You know, you're too overconfident with yourself," Hani said.

"Of course I am," Woohyun said. "I'm Nam Woohyun, a.k.a. Namstar."

"Where did you get that nickname?" Hani asked.

"I made it myself. Nice huh?" Woohyun replied proudly.

"Yeah, it's pretty nice," Hani said.

"Do you want me to give you a nickname?" Woohyun asked.

"Sure," Hani replied.

"Hmm," Woohyun said as he tried to think of something. He looked around to get some ideas. Then he finally thought of something. "How about Hanu," he said with a bright smile.

"Isn't that a type of cow?" Hani asked.

"Yup, and it's a cow that everybody loves," Woohyun said.

"Yeah, loves to eat," Hani said.

"Exactly!" Woohyun said. "Don't you love eating beef also?"

"Yeah I do," Hani admitted. "Alright, I accept the nickname."

"Yay!" Woohyun said as he cheered. "Another one of my nicknames became a success."

"Then can I nickname you Namu?" Hani asked. "I like saying Namu more than Namstar."

"Sure," Woohyun said. "Hey, our nicknames match."

"Yeah, I guess they do," Hani said.

"It's like we gave each other couple names, don't you think?" Woohyun asked.

"Yeah, they sound pretty similar," Hani replied as she smiled.

"Also, if we put our names together, we get the word Hanwoo which is also a type of cow," Woohyun said.

"Wah, I like that. Now, whenever I hear our nickname, I'll think about cows and beef," Hani said with a smile.

Woohyun looked at Hani and saw that she was satisfied by the nickname. *I think I just have another reason to like cows even more.* Woohyun thought as he smiled.


Author's note:

Thank you guys so much for subscribing! ^ o ^ After typing this chapter, I'm really in the mood to eat beef.