Secret Hideout

Unexpected Angel

"Woah," Hani said amazed with her eyes wide open.

"This is my favorite hideout," Woohyun said with a grin. They were standing in a greenhouse at the side of the school. The flowers were blooming in different colors. It looked like a scene in a movie or even a scene from a fantasy. The whole place was made out of glass so the sunlight shone right through and illuminated everything beautifully.

"Wow, how did you find this place?" Hani asked as she started to walk around.

Woohyun saw how amazed she looked and smiled. "Well, on my first day of school here, there was a crowd of girls coming after me. I didn't even know why they were coming after me, and I got so scared. They looked like those zombie hordes in movies," Woohyun said as he shivered remembering the scene. "For 2 weeks straight I had to hide in the janitor's closet during lunch, but then I asked the principle for a quiet place that I can go to during lunchtime. Luckily, I used the excuse that I needed a place to study and he agreed to give me the keys to this place."

Woohyun looked over at Hani and saw her still looking at the flowers. It didn't look like she was listening at all. "Hani, are you even listening to me?" he asked.

"What?" Hani asked as she looked up. "Oh, yeah, I did," she said as she looked down again.

"No you didn't! Psh, and I even shared such a sentimental story with you," Woohyun said as he pouted.

Hani looked up and saw a grumpy Woohyun. "Oppa, what happened? Why do you look mad again?" Hani asked. "Did I do something wrong?" Hani started to feel bad and walked over to him.

"Hmph, I'm not talking to you," Woohyun said as he turned away.

"Aww oppa, did I make you mad again?" Hani asked as she pouted.

Woohyun didn't say anything and walked to the picnic table in the middle of the room. He sat down and started to eat his lunch.

Hani frowned as she walked over to him. "Oppa, are you mad?" she asked.

Woohyun looked up and nodded his head while pouting. He looked down again and continued eating.

"Hmm, what can I do to cheer up Nam Woohyun?" Hani asked herself as she tapped her chin. She looked around and saw a small tree sprout in a pot. A light bulb lit up as she came up with an idea.

Woohyun was still eating his lunch when he saw Hani put her tray down. He saw her walking somewhere and grew curious. She came back with her hands behind her back. "Oppa, open your hands," she said.

"Why should I do that?" Woohyun asked. "Is there a poisonous frog or something behind your back?"

"Of course not, you're too delusional oppa," Hani said. "Just open your hands, I promise that you'll like it." Hani smiled as she gestured him to open his hands.

"Okay then, I'm going to trust that you won't take out something that might kill me," he said. He opened his hands and waited for Hani to give him the item. Hani took out the pot from behind her back and put it on Woohyun's hands.

"It's just a tree sprout," Woohyun said. "This thing hasn't grown in forever, I really wanted to see what it would look like fully grown."

"I can help you with that," Hani said with a grin. Woohyun was still holding the pot when the sprout started to grow. It continued to grow as it turned into a small tree, and flowers started to blossom on it. After it was done growing, the tree ended up looking beautiful with bright green leaves and pink flowers.

"Wow," Woohyun said with his mouth agape. His face was in wonder as he looked at the tree. "That was astonishing, how did you do that?"

"I can do a lot of things with living things on earth," Hani explained, "but not humans. I still can't do anything with humans." Hani suddenly remembered the food left on the picnic table. "Oh no, the food is going to get cold!" She ran to the table and tried to see if there were still steam coming from the food.

"I didn't even eat it yet," Hani said as she started to eat.

While Hani was eating, Woohyun was still looking at the tree. "Mr. Tree, this is the first time ever that I have seen you fully grown," he said with a smile. Woohyun then remembered that there wasn't much time left to eat and that his food was only half eaten. "Mr. Tree, I've got to go. Food comes first," he said as he put the pot down. He ran back to the picnic table and hurriedly ate.


Author's Note: Sorry if the chapter was boring. I couldn't really think of anything to write for this chapter. ^-^