Helping Him

Unexpected Angel

"Ah," Woohyun said. Hani was gently dabbing medicine on the cut on his lip, but he kept squirming in his seat. 

"Hold still," she said, focused on treating it. 

"But it hurts," Woohyun whined while pouting.

"It's going to hurt more if you move. Do you want me to do this harshly?" she asked.

Woohyun pouted again. "You're mean," he replied.

"If you don't want me to be mean then just hold still," Hani said. Woohyun finally obeyed her and sat still. He looked at her face as she was carefully dabbing the medicine. 

*So she really does care about me,* he thought as he felt his heart warm up. He kept staring at her and wouldn't look away. 

"There, all finished," Hani said. "Now let me go get a cold compress for that bruise." She got up and walked to the kitchen when Woohyun suddenly spoke up.

"Get two!" Woohyun yelled so that she could hear. 

"Why?" she asked. "You have another bruise somewhere else?"

"Just get it for now. I'll tell you later," he replied.

Hani went to the fridge and took out two bags of frozen peas. She came back and handed him one. "That's for the bruise on your lip and where's the other one? I'll apply this for you," she said holding the other bag up. 

"I can do it myself," Woohyun said as he applied one of the bags onto his lip. 

"No, you can't. You already injured your hand, I can't let you use it when it's in that condition," Hani said. His right hand was already bandaged and thankfully it wasn't broken, but it still hurts when he tried to move it.

"Alright fine," Woohyun said. He started lifting up his shirt, only to have Hani look at him in shock.

"What are you doing!" she yelled as she covered her eyes. 

Woohyun looked at her and chuckled at her reaction. "I'm showing you the bruise, what did you think that I was doing?" he asked with a smirk.

"N-nothing," Hani replied as she blushed a bright red.

"I told you, I can just do it myself," he said. He reached for the bag, but was only met with pain in his right hand. 

"Ah," he said pulling his hand back. 

Hani felt guilty since she should be treating his wounds right now, not making him treat it himself and especially not with an injured hand. "I'll just do it," she said. 

"Are you sure?" Woohyun asked.

"Yeah," she said hesitantly. Woohyun lifted his shirt, fully showing the bruise on his stomach, but Hani still covered her eyes with one hand. She slowly advanced towards him and sat down next to him. She waved her hands around with the cold compress on it, trying to find his stomach to apply it on. 

"Ah," Woohyun said as he was hit in the face with the cold compress.

"Sorry," Hani said with her eyes still covered. She waved her hands around again, but couldn't find his stomach. 

Woohyun grew annoyed when he was hit the second time in the face with the cold compress. "That's it," he said. He threw down the bag that he was applying onto his lip and used his good hand to pull Hani's hand to his stomach. "There, there's the bruise. Just apply it there." He then picked up the bag that he threw down and applied it to his lip again. 

"Sorry," Hani said again. She knew that he was annoyed, but she couldn't help it. It was the first time that she had ever been in this kind of situation and being the innocent angel she is, she never saw a boy's bare stomach before.

"Hani, just open your eyes. There's not much to look at anyway, it's just my stomach," Woohyun said. 

"B-but, have you ever been in a situation where you would have to look at somebody else's bare skin like this for you to act like this is nothing?" she asked.

"Yes," he replied. "It's called the beach." 

"B-but-" 

"Fine, if you don't want to open your eyes then don't," Woohyun said.

Hani thought about it. *Woohyun's right, I shouldn't act this way. I should just focus on treating his bruise and this would be all over.* With all of her determination, she finally uncovered her eyes only for it to widen again. Even though his stomach had a big purple bruise on it, you could still clearly see his toned abs. *Oh my gosh, is this what Eunji calls chocolate abs? The one where she would squeal over when she watches dramas?*

Woohyun noticed her staring at his abs and smirked. "Yah, stop staring," he said. "I know that my stomach is appealing to the eye, but there's no need to stare."

Hani's face became even redder. "Wha-what, I'm not staring," she stuttered. 

"Whatever you say," Woohyun said. Out of embarrassment, she applied even more pressure onto the bruise. 

"Ah," Woohyun yelped. 

"That's what you get for teasing me," she said. When she was done treating him, she got up and went to the kitchen. She then looked through the plastic bag that was on the kitchen counter. "I can't believe that after all you've went through, you still brought home the bag safe-and-sound." A happy smile grew on her face when she saw the ice cream. "And you bought ice cream!" she said happily.

"Of course, it's because I'm hungry," he replied. *I knew that it was a good idea to buy the ice cream for her,* he happily thought. "Are you sure that you want to cook, I can do it instead."

"No, stay where you are. I'm not going to let you cook with an injured hand," Hani said. She placed the 2 ice creams into the freezer and then took out the 2 ramyun packages and opened them. "Besides, how hard could it be to cook ramyun. I see you cook it all the time," she said confidently.

"Alright then, I'll just wait here," Woohyun said. He the t.v and started watching a show.

Hani took out a pot and put water into it. "So you put the water in here and put the ramyun in," she said to herself. She plopped the 2 ramyun into the pot and opened the smaller packages and poured in the powder. "Woohyun said that if you put in too much of this thing then it would become too spicy," she said. "So I guess I'll just settle with one." 

She finished doing that step and tried to remember what to do next. "After you do all of that, what do you do next?" she asked herself while tapping her chin. "Wait a minute, I forgot to put it on the stove." She quickly took the pot and placed it onto the stove. She turned the stove on and waited for it to cook.

"Why is this taking so long," she said impatiently. "It would be faster if I just used my powers to do this." She turned off the stove and placed the pot back on the countertop. She placed both of her hands on it and in less than a second, the water already boiled. She saw the bubbling water and took a ladle to stir it. She tasted it a little and was satisfied by the taste. 

"I think Woohyun would like this," Hani said as she smiled. She was about to pick the pot up, but she pulled her hand back from pain. "Ow!" she yelled. 

"What happened!" Woohyun yelled from the living room. 

"Nothing," Hani replied. 

"I clearly heard you yell, did you hurt yourself?" he asked worriedly.

"No," she quickly said. She didn't want the injured Woohyun to worry about her so she quickly thought of a lie. "I'm just singing a song."

Woohyun raised an eyebrow. "What kind of song was that?" he asked.

Hani remembered when she saw some boys on t.v that were singing lyrics similar to what she had yelled. "I was singing that song where those boys were howling or something," she said. "What was the name of that song again?"

"Was it Exo's Wolf?" Woohyun asked.

"Yes, that's the one," she said. "Geurae wolf naega wolf, awo~" She started to sing the song which made Woohyun hold back a laugh. "I love that song, it's so catchy," she said. 

Woohyun shook his head. *She's just too cute,* he thought before going back to watching t.v.

Hani poked her head out of the kitchen to make sure that Woohyun's attention was somewhere else. "Phew," she said in relief. She looked at her hand and saw a red mark on it. "I should really remember that I can't touch hot things unless I'm using my power." She took the hand that wasn't injured and placed it on the injured one. 

Once she took her hand away, the red mark was nowhere to be seen. She then went over and picked the pot up by the handle this time and brought it to the table. "Dinner's ready," she said merrily. "Or late night snack since it's 10:00 pm right now."

Woohyun went over and saw Hani placing down the chopsticks and bowls. They sat down across from each other and Hani started to dig in. As she was eating freely, Woohyun was staring at her in disbelief. "Heol," he said. 

Hani looked up at him with full. "What," she asked, her voice muffled. 

"Aren't you going to feed me?" he asked.

Hani looked at him with a confused look on her face. She quickly swallowed the noodles in and said, "Why would I do that?"

"Because my hand is injured," Woohyun answered, showing his hand. "And not to mention that it's my dominant hand." 

"Oh right, I forgot," Hani said with an apologetic smile. She walked over to his side and sat down in the chair next to him. She then took some of the noodles and placed it into his bowl. She picked up some of the noodles with her chopsticks and blew on them. "Ah~" she said. 

Woohyun opened his mouth and ate the noodles. He happily chewed as Hani was blowing the noodles. *Maybe being injured isn't so bad,* he thought. The same process repeated as Woohyun finished the last of the noodles. 

"There are you happy?" Hani said. "You already ate all of it. I barely even ate any." 

"Yes I'm happy, I was able to fill my stomach from the hunger that I was feeling just a moment ago," Woohyun said.

Hani pouted. "I'm getting ice cream," she said as she got up. 

"Get one for me too," Woohyun said.

"No, you already ate all of the ramyun!" she yelled. 

"Aigoo, always in a bad mood when she's hungry," Woohyun said with a smile plastered on his face.