Can't Stop from Smiling

Unexpected Angel

"Woohyun-oppa, here," Hani said as she pulled out his seat. 

Woohyun smiled and sat down. "Thanks," he said. Hani smiled back and sat down in her desk next to him. "But what happened all of a sudden. I thought that you didn't like taking care of me."

"That was when I was completely out of energy," Hani said. "Today is a new day and my energy is replenished so I can help you again." She smiled that bright smile of hers and it made Woohyun's heart flutter. 

"Aigoo, you're so cute," he said as he ruffled her hair.

"Stop doing that, my hair is going to get messed up," she said with a pout. 

Woohyun's smile grew even wider. "If you want me to stop then first you have to stop being so cute," he said as he lightly pinched her cheek. Hani blushed and looked away. 

"Alright class, let's start," Mr.Kim said while walking in. 

The class started and Hani started writing notes for both Woohyun and her since his hand was still injured. It was a lot of work, but she still insisted on doing it. The good thing was that this gave Woohyun more time to watch her since she was fully concentrated on note taking. 

*She looks so cute* he thought as he smiled. 

"Woohyun haksaeng," Mr.Kim said. "Are you paying attention to the lecture?"

Woohyun looked up and nodded. "Yes, Mr.Kim," he replied. 

"Then what is the answer to this problem?" Mr.Kim asked. 

"The answer is x=2.89," Woohyun answered. 

Mr.Kim smiled proudly. "That's my top student," he said before going back to his lecture.

When Woohyun saw Mr.Kim turn his back to the class, he went back to staring at Hani. 


 

"My hand hurts," Hani said. As soon as class ended and lunch began, she dropped her pencil and started to massage her hand. 

"You know, I can still write on my own," Woohyun said. "My left hand is still perfectly fine."

"But you won't be able to write fast enough," she said before standing up. "Now I'm hungry, let's go get something to eat."

They both walked to the cafeteria and got their lunches. 

"Woohyun, do you want me to help you hold that?" Hani asked. 

Woohyun shook his head. "No, I'm good." He tried to hold his tray in one hand and succeeded, but he was very unstable since he was only using one hand. 

"Just let me help," Hani said. She held her tray in one hand and took his tray with the other. 

Woohyun was amazed by how stable the trays were even though she was holding both of them with one hand each. "Woah, how are you doing that?" he said in awe.

"I have powers remember?" she replied. They then started walking out of the cafeteria, but somebody stood in front of Hani. 

"Hani, why are you holding Woohyun's tray?" Subin asked. 

"Woohyun injured his hand," Hani replied. 

"Really?" Subin's eyes widened as she faced Woohyun. "Oppa, are you okay?" 

"Yeah, I'm okay," Woohyun replied. 

"But you're hurt! You're not okay!" Subin said worriedly. "Let me help you then." Subin tried to take Woohyun's tray out of Hani's hands, but Hani stepped away. 

"It's okay Subin, I can do it," she said. 

"No, just let me help. I can help him better than you," Subin said. 

Woohyun furrowed his eyebrows at her. "What do you mean that you can help me better than her?" he asked. 

Subin saw that Woohyun looked kind of mad. "Um, I mean that I know you better so I can take care of you better," she replied. 

"But I barely even know you," Woohyun said. 

Subin was shocked by what he said. "But oppa-"

"Come on Hani, let's go," he said before walking away. 

"Oh, I'm coming," Hani said. She then turned towards Subin and saw that she looked hurt. "I'm sorry for what Woohyun said. He's usually a really nice person." Hani hoped that her apology for Woohyun would make Subin feel better and started to walk away. Suddenly, she tripped on something and lost balance. But thanks her reflexes, she was able to regain balance just in time to see the tray starting to fall over.

She quickly used her telekinesis to prevent it from falling in the most unnoticeable way that she could. Finally, the trays were back on her hands and not even a single trace of food was spilled. She smiled happily knowing that she was able to save her's and Woohyun's lunch and started towards the greenhouse.

Subin watched her walk away with her jaw opened. She saw everything and was amazed that Hani was able to do something like that. And no, she wasn't amazed because she saw Hani use her telekinesis. In fact, she didn't even think it was telekinesis. She simply just thought that Hani has a very quick reaction and an enviable balancing skill.

"That girl," she said under her breath. "I can't believe that she didn't fall and had all of the food splatter over her when she tripped on my foot!" She angrily glared at Hani's disappearing figure and scoffed.   


 

"What took you so long?" Woohyun asked. 

Hani walked in with the trays in her hands. "Oh, nothing. It just became really crowded all of a sudden," she lied. She closed the greenhouse door using her telekinesis and set the trays onto the table. "Let's just eat."

She pulled her chair over to him and picked up his spoon. "What are you doing?" he asked. 

"Feeding you. Your hand is injured." She collected some food onto the spoon and brought it to his mouth. "Ah~"

Woohyun hesitantly opened his mouth and ate it. "I feel bad," he said with his mouth full.

"What for?" she asked while collecting some more food onto the spoon. 

"You're not eating because of me. I know how much you love to eat," he replied. 

Hani sighed. "Well, I do love food, but you're more important to me," she said before bringing the spoon to his mouth again. "Ah~"

Woohyun felt a weird feeling after hearing what she said. *I'm important to her?* he asked himself. He opened his mouth to be fed again even though he wasn't finished swallowing the other spoonful that she fed him. 

After feeding him the spoonful of food, she started collecting the food again. Once she was done, she brought it to his mouth. "Ah~"

"Bff ma moth is sti fu," he tried to say. 

"What sorry I can't understand you," she said before feeding him again. 

Woohyun was having difficulty chewing from the massive amount of food in his mouth. Hani laughed as she saw his cheeks becoming the size of a chipmunk's. "Well, my work here is done," she said before she pulled her chair back to her side. She then started eating while ignoring Woohyun who was trying to talk. 

"Mmpf," Woohyun said. 

"Sorry, I can't understand you. You have to stop mumbling." She flashed him a triumphant smile and went back to eating. 

Woohyun looked at her with wide eyes. *This girl, she did this on purpose!* It took him a few minutes to finally be able to swallow his food and talk again. "Yah, did you feed me those mouthfuls to let yourself eat?" 

Hani stopped eating when she heard his voice. *Wait, he swallowed it that fast? I thought that it would take at least 8 minutes for him to swallow it.* She slowly looked up and saw an angry Woohyun sitting across from her. "Um, ahaha, there must be a misunderstanding," she said with a nervous laugh. "I was just making sure that you would get a variety of food to keep you healthy." She saw that his face stayed the same and knew that he wasn't buying it. 

"Um, I need to tend to the plants now." She got up and was about to walk away when Woohyun spoke up. 

"Don't move. I'm not over with what you did," he said. He then gestured for her to come towards him. "Come here." She shook her head and moved away. "Come here, I won't hurt you."

She knew that the best option at that time was to run and hide, so she did. "Yah, where are you going?" Woohyun asked as he saw her run towards the flowers. He then got up and walked towards her. 

"Stay back! I have a flower and I'm not afraid to use it!" she said as she held the flower in front of her like a weapon. Woohyun smiled at her cuteness and walked towards her. "I said stay back or else!"

"Or else what?" he asked while continuing to advance towards her. 

"Or this." The flower started to grow longer and longer until it stopped when it hit Woohyun's nose. Woohyun was startled and swatted the flower away.

Hani burst out into laughter when she saw his reaction. "Ahaha, did you see your reaction? It was priceless!" she said as she laughed. 

Woohyun frowned. "That's not funny."

"What are you talking about?" she said as she continued to laugh. "It's too funny."

"Stop laughing," he said. 

She stuck out her tongue. "But I'm not going to."

Woohyun walked up to her and leaned his face closer towards her. "You should stop laughing or else," he said with a smirk. 

Hani blushed by how close his face was to hers. "O-or else w-what?"

"What do you think?" he asked. 

Hani widened her eyes. "Don't tell me that you would stop buying me ice cream!" she said.

Woohyun nodded. "That's exactly what I'm going to do."

Hani shook her head. "No, I'm sorry. I won't laugh at you again."

"Are you telling the truth? You really won't laugh at me anymore?" he asked. 

"Well, sometimes I just can't help, but laugh-"

"Then I guess no more ice cream," he said as he leaned away. 

"Wait, I seriously won't laugh at you again, so please don't stop buying me ice cream," she said desperately. 

Woohyun smiled because he knew that ice cream was her one weakness. "Are you sure?" Hani nodded. "Then let's go eat ice cream after school today."

Hani's eyes brightened up by the mention of ice cream. "Really?" Woohyun nodded. "Wah, Woohyun you're the best!" she said happily. 

Woohyun smiled from her cuteness, but then realized something. "Wait, you didn't call me oppa."

"I wonder what flavor I should get this time. Should I try the bubble gum one today or the cotton candy one," she asked herself. "Actually, who knows when Woohyun would buy ice cream for me again. I should just go with my favorite flavor." 

"Yah, are you listening to me?" he asked her. 

"So now let's think about the toppings. Should I get caramel or..." she continued to talk to herself as she walked away. 

Woohyun looked at her in disbelief. "Is she really ignoring me?" He then saw her leave the green house without even taking her lunch tray with her. "Yah, Oh Hani!" he yelled. "You forgot to take your lunch!" He waited for a moment to see if she would come back, but she didn't. "That's weird, she always finishes her food and would not even leave a single grain of rice left, but why did she leave it today?"

Woohyun walked over to their trays trying to figure out why Hani didn't take her tray with her. He then saw that the tray was already scraped clean, and knew exactly why she left. "Wow, she left me to throw away her stuff for her. What a guardian angel I have." He shook his head in disapproval, but for some reason he still couldn't stop himself from smiling. 


 

Finally, I'm able to post this chapter. I'm sorry if it took long for me to update, but I'm starting to get a writer's block for this story. To me this chapter wasn't that great, but I hope that you guys were okay with it. :)