Tired

Unexpected Angel

Woohyun slowly opened his eyes as he heard a beeping sound. Beep, beep, beep. *Why is it so loud so early in the morning?* he thought. He then turned to his side and pulled his pillow over his ears. Beep, beep, beep, the beeping continued.

"Wait a minute," he said as his eyes shot open. "That's the sound of the fire alarm!" He shot out of bed and ran over to Hani's room. "Hani, open up!" he yelled while pounding at her door. "There's a fire, we've got to get out of here!" He kept banging on the door, but there was no response. 

"Aish, why is this girl such a heavy sleeper!" he said frustratedly. He tried to turn the doorknob and was about to force the door open when surprisingly, the door was unlocked. 

Without questioning it, he wasted no time and ran inside. "Hani!" he yelled. He frantically looked around, but Hani was nowhere to be seen. "Where is she?"

He ran downstairs to look for her, but when he got near the kitchen, he heard a voice. "Oh no, what do I do? How do I stop this thing from beeping? I don't want to wake Woohyun up!"

He stopped in his tracks and slowly walked towards the kitchen. He poked his head inside and saw Hani fanning the fire alarm. "Shut up already, you're going to wake up Woohyun!" she yelled at it. 

Woohyun felt himself chuckling while watching her. When Hani heard a laugh, she quickly turned her head to see who it was. "Woohyun," she said, surprised. "You're awake?"

"Yeah," he replied. He was still smiling while watching her. "What did you do to make the fire alarm go off like that?"

The fire alarm finally stopped beeping and Hani also stopped fanning. "Ahaha, nothing," she said with a nervous laugh. 

"Really, nothing?" he asked. He looked over to the right and saw the kitchen in a mess. There were pieces of chopped vegetables everywhere and what looked like burnt toast on a plate. 

Hani saw him looking over at that direction and quickly stepped between him and the scene. "Yeah, nothing," she replied with an innocent smile. "Now go watch t.v or something. You're injured, I can't let you become even more injured." She turned him around pushed him out of the kitchen.

"I'll call you when breakfast is ready," she said with a smile. She waved goodbye to him and expected him to go. 

Woohyun thought that it was best to not question her for now and left to brush his teeth, which is going to be harder than usual considering that his dominant hand was injured. Hani let out a relief sigh when she saw him leave, and then went back into the kitchen. 

"Aish, I knew that I should've used the toaster," she said to herself. Believe it or not, Hani was trying to make a salad with toast on the side. Since her cutting skills weren't that great, vegetables somehow flew everywhere and would be quite a hassle to clean up later. Also, thanks to her impatience, she thought it would be faster if she used her fire powers to heat up the toast instead of using the toaster. 

But unfortunately for her, she didn't know how powerful her own power was and burnt it, resulting in a pitiful looking, inedible piece of toast. She decided to make the most of the pieces of vegetables that weren't on the ground and put them on a plate. She also decided to not make anymore toast, but they were out of bread anyway so it wasn't much of a decision. 

When she was happy with the appearance of the salad, she brought it out and placed it on the table. "Breakfast is ready!" she yelled so Woohyun could hear. 

Woohyun quickly came down and sat across from her. "You made salad?" he asked. 

"Yup, I heard that salad is good for you so I made it," Hani replied while smiling. 

"So my kitchen is completely covered with vegetables because you tried to make this?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. 

Hani looked at him with a guilty face. "So you saw the kitchen huh," she said. Woohyun nodded. "Don't worry, I'll clean it up later, but for now just eat." She gestured for him to eat the salad with an expectant look on her face. 

"How am I going to eat this with my hand injured?" he asked.

"Oh, right," she said, remembering the fact. "Sorry, I forgot again." She rushed over to his side and picked up the fork. She pierced the lettuce with the fork and brought it to Woohyun's mouth.

Woohyun open his mouth and ate it. "So does it taste okay," she asked. 

Woohyun nodded. "Of course it tastes okay, it's just vegetables," he replied. "It's not really much, all you have to do is chop it and put them on a plate." He was very straightforward and it made Hani pout.

"But it's the first time that I've made salad," she said. "You should be happy that I made this for you, I never even cooked for the other people that I was assigned to."

Woohyun furrowed his eyebrows. "So you had other people that you were assigned to before me?" he asked. Hani nodded her head, still sad about what he said before. "Were a lot of them boys?" he asked. He was very curious about the gender of the people from her past assignments and hoped that they were mostly female. 

Hani thought about it. "Hmm, I think about 3/5 were boys," she said remembering her past assignments.

Woohyun felt an unpleasant feeling from her answer. "Why would you help that many boys? Did they actually wish on a shooting star also?" he asked, feeling a little jealous. 

"Not really, but I'm not the one who keeps track of that information so I don't really know," she answered.

"Than what about me, am I just the same as them," he asked. He was hoping that she would say that he was different from all of them and not just another person that she was assigned to. 

"Yeah, your case is different," she said. "For you and your friends, you guys made a wish on a shooting star. Not a lot of people actually do that since most of them are too lazy to find the exact location and time that a meteor shower would occur, even if they do, they are mostly astronomers and people who are only interested in the meteor shower part and not the wishing." She explained everything and he nodded in understanding.

There was also something else that he was curious about. "So what did my friends wish for, they never told me," he said. 

Hani thought about it. "So far, all of their wishes already came true," she said. "Dongwoo oppa wished for a dinosaur collection, which he got. Sungjong oppa wished for a 2 day shopping spree, which he went on. Sunggyu oppa wished for a music set, which he got. Myungsoo oppa wished for a new guitar, which he got. Sungyeol oppa wished for a coffee shop to open near his house, and it opened across the street from him. Finally, Hoya oppa wished for new sneakers that would make it easier for him to dance and he also got it."

Woohyun was baffled by their wishes. *So Hoya dragged me out camping so that he could wish for new sneakers!* "Was I the only one who asked for an angel?" he asked out of the blue.

"Yeah," Hani replied. "You're actually the only person that I know who wished for an actual angel." 

"Really?" he asked. 

Hani nodded. "Now that I'm done answering your questions, you should eat. Believe it or not, I spent a lot of time making this," she said. She fed him a forkful of salad and he silently chewed.

He looked at her and saw her carefully pick the right amount of salad and tomatoes to feed him again. *I actually don't regret making that wish. Now that I think about it, I'm really grateful that Hoya dragged me out to see the meteor shower.*


 

After a day of helping Woohyun do small things such as changing the channel and feeding him dinner again, Hani laid on the couch feeling tired. "I didn't even do much today, but why am I so tired?" she asked herself. She was about to close her eyes and take a nap when she heard her name.

"Hani!" Woohyun called from upstairs.

Hani's eyes shot open. "That's why," she said. She lazily got off the couch and went upstairs. "What now Woohyun?" she asked as she stood in front of him.

"Come to the bathroom with me," he replied.

Hani almost choked on her spit. "What!" she asked in disbelief. "Why would you want me to come to the bathroom with you!"

"I was just going to ask you to wash my hair for me since I don't like the feeling of it being greasy," Woohyun replied, confused as to why she was yelling. "What did you think would happen for you to yell like that?" Hani blushed a dark shade of red at his question.

Woohyun realized what she was thinking and smirked. "Oh, were you expecting something else?" he asked teasingly.

"N-no," she quickly denied. 

"Are you sure?" Woohyun asked while walking towards her slowly. He stopped when he was standing a foot away from her and leaned his face in so that they were only 3 inches apart. "Then why are you blushing?" He smirked again and Hani blushed even harder.

She then pushed him away and ran into the bathroom. "N-no, I really wasn't expecting anything else. Now are you coming or not? I might change my mind and you can end up with super oily hair!" she yelled out of embarrassment.

Woohyun chuckled. "She's just too cute," he said to himself. He then walked into the bathroom and sat on the chair that he already placed next to the bathtub.

"So how am I going to do this?" Hani asked herself. She already cooled down and her face was only a faint shade of red. 

"I'm supposed to wet my hair first so hold this and aim above my head," he said as he gave her the hand shower.

She obediently took it and aimed it above his head while he leaned down and ruffled his hair. He was also wearing a small towel around his neck to prevent the water from getting on his clothes. When he was sure that his hair was completely wet, he stood up and sat down on the chair again. "Now you can shampoo my hair and be careful, my hair is very precious," he said. 

Hani took the bottle of shampoo and poured a large amount on her hand. She then applied it onto his hair until there was foam forming. "Woah, now that your hair is so foamy, I can give you a mohawk," she said. She played around with his hair and gave him a mohawk. 

"Yah," he said. "Stop playing with my hair."

"But you look so funny with a mohawk," she said while giggling. 

After an hour, she finally finished washing his hair. "That took longer than I had expected," Woohyun said. 

"It's your fault for having so many steps just to wash it. Seriously, who in the world shampoos and condition twice?" Hani asked, bewildered.

*It's because I wanted to spend more time with you,* he thought. "It's because my hair is precious," he replied. He tried to dry his hair with a towel, but it was hard to use only one hand. 

Hani saw him struggling to dry his hair and decided to help him. "Give me it," she said as she took the towel. She stood on her toes while carefully drying his hair with the towel. While completely focusing on the task, she didn't even notice how close their faces were. 

Woohyun blushed when he saw that her face was only about 2 inches away from his. "I think it's dry enough," she said. She looked forward and saw Woohyun staring right at her. She instantly blushed and moved away from him. "Y-your h-hair is pretty dry now," she stuttered. "S-so I'm j-just going to g-go now."

She quickly walked to her bedroom and closed the door. She leaned on the door and felt her heart beating rapidly. "Why do I feel this was around him?" she asked herself.

Outside, Woohyun was still standing in the same spot. He laid a hand on his chest and also felt his heart beating rapidly. "Why do I feel this way around her?" he asked himself. 


 

Thank you guys for supporting my story. I hope you enjoyed the chapter! :D