Why Are You Avoiding Me?

Unexpected Angel

"Bye Hani, it was fun!" Hoya said as he waved goodbye. 

"Yeah, good- ow," Sungyeol said while clenching his throat. 

"Yah, I told you not to pick those heavy metal songs," Sungjong said. "You're probably going to end up with a sore throat tomorrow."

"I can't help it, I wanted to scream my lungs out today," Sungyeol said still holding his throat. 

"Guys, just go already! I have grocery shopping to do," Sunggyu said impatiently. His car was behind Dongwoo's with him, Myungsoo, and Hoya in it. Dongwoo was in his car with Sungyeol and Sungjong. "Sorry Hani, I really want to stay, but I hate going grocery shopping at night," he said apologetically.

"It's okay," Hani replied with a smile. "You can always come back next time."

"I can't believe you're making us go shopping with you," Sungjong said annoyed. "I could've stayed here longer and talked with Hani." He spoke loud enough for Sunggyu to hear.

Sunggyu stuck his head out of the window and looked at Sungjong who was in the car in front of him. "Then do you want to walk back home by yourself! You can stay, but I'm not coming back for you!" Sunggyu yelled.

"Who cares anymore, Dongwoo will drive me home right?" Sungjong said. He turned towards Dongwoo only to see him flash an apologetic smile. "Sorry Sungjong, but I have a dentist appointment," he said.

"What? A dentist appointment at this time!" Sungjong yelled. 

"But the dentist said that if I go at this time then I won't have to wait in the waiting room for like an hour. The dentist is a busy man you know," Dongwoo said.

"Argh, fine," Sungjong said. All of them said goodbye and finally left. 

"Aww, I'm going to miss them," Hani said sadly.

"How about me, are you going to miss me?" Woohyun asked playfully. 

Hani looked at him and blushed. "Wha- what! No, why would I if I live with you?" she asked. She then quickly ran back into the house. 

"It was a joke!" Woohyun yelled so that she could hear. He shook his head and smiled. "She's too cute," he said to himself. He walked back to the house with a smile on his face. 

When he got inside, he saw Hani watching t.v on the couch while hugging a pillow. He went over and sat down next to her. Hani looked at him and scooted away from him. 

He frowned and scooted closer to her only to have her scoot farther away from him. They kept doing that until Hani reached the end of the couch. Out of options, she decided to just sit on the floor. 

Woohyun frowned even more by her actions. "Are you avoiding me?" he asked her. 

"N-no, why would you say that?" she asked back.

"Then sit next to me," Woohyun said. "If you're not avoiding me then sit right here" he said while patting the space next to him. 

Hani shook her head. "No it's okay, I feel like sitting on the floor today," she replied. She became stubborn and refused to move from her spot.

Woohyun gave up and went down to sit next to her on the floor. Hani was shocked and looked at him with wide eyes. She quickly stood up and sat down on the couch. 

Woohyun looked at her in disbelief. "What are you doing?" he asked.

"I just didn't feel like sitting on the floor anymore," she replied. 

Woohyun ruffled his hair in frustration. "You're clearly avoiding me!" he said. 

Hani looked at him innocently. "No, I'm not," she said.

"Then you'd better not move away when I sit next to you," he said. He got up and sat down next to her on the couch. 

Hani hugged the pillow closer to her and pulled her legs up to her chest. She looked like she was in defense mode. 

Woohyun looked at her weirdly. "Why are you acting this way?" he asked.

"Acting what way? I'm perfectly normal," she replied.

Woohyun gave up and started watching t.v. There was an awkward silence while both of them focused on the t.v. All of a sudden, Woohyun leaned towards her. 

Hani's eyes widened as she blushed a bright red. "Wha-what are you doing?" she asked.

He kept staring at her with indescribable eyes and leaned even closer. He stopped when he was inches away from her face and stayed that way. Hani closed her eyes and was about to push him away when he said, "I'm just getting the remote." 

He reached over her and grabbed the remote. He then leaned away from her and changed the channel. Hani put a hand on her chest and felt it beating rapidly. *Is Woohyun the one who makes my heart become like this?* she asked herself. She shook the thought away. *No, no, I bet it's just because I haven't exercised much these days. Yeah, that must be it. I should really exercise more.*

Deep down, she already knew that angels didn't need exercise to stay fit. They are already naturally that way, but she tried her best to ignore that fact. A few minutes passed and her stomach started to grumble. *I'm so hungry, I didn't eat dinner yet.* She looked at the clock and saw that it was 8:00 pm. 

"Are you hungry?" Woohyun asked. She looked over at him and slowly nodded. He got up and said, "Wait here, I'll go buy us some food."

Hani stayed where she was and watched Woohyun get his jacket. He left the house and walked over to the convenience store. "That Oh Hani, how could she avoid me like that?" he asked himself. He was slightly angry that she avoided him, but he felt more hurt than angry.

"Aish, she's acting so weird," he said frustrated. "I didn't do anything wrong to make her act that way right?" he asked himself. "Aish, I don't know anymore."

He got to the convenience store and grabbed a basket. He went to the instant ramyun section and picked out some of them. *She would like this one right? She likes beef after all. Of course, that's why I nicknamed her Hanu.* he thought as he unconsciously smiled. He was about to pay for them, but saw the freezer full of ice cream. 

"Maybe I should get some ice cream also," he said to himself. He opened the freezer and placed 2 chocolate ice creams into his basket. He then walked over to the cashier and paid for all of the items before heading out. 

As he was walking home with the plastic bag in his hand, a group of drunk men bumped into him. "Yah, watch where you're going!" the bald man said. The man was standing unstably with a really red face.

"I'm sorry," Woohyun replied as he bowed. He was about to walk away when the man spoke up again. 

"What a rude kid, you're suppose to say sorry while you're on your knees," he said. "Yah, get down." The man nodded his head, gesturing for Woohyun to kneel.

Woohyun turned around with an irritated look on his face. "Sir, I've already said sorry to you, there's no need for me to kneel," he said.

"Man, you sure are impolite. Did your parents ever taught you any manners," the man said.

"I should be asking you that question. Do you know how rude it is to make someone kneel before you? This is not joseon and you're not some king," Woohyun said. He lost all of his respect for the man and didn't care what he said to him anymore.

"Yah, you," the man said. He walked up to Woohyun and was about to punch him when Woohyun dodged perfectly and grabbed his wrist. He then twisted it behind the man's back and held it there. "Ah, ah," the man said in slight pain. He couldn't move away from Woohyun nor attack him.

"I'm not asking for any trouble so please just go away and leave me alone," Woohyun said. He let go of the man's arm and roughly pushed him away. The man stumbled back to his gang and shot Woohyun a glare. "Yah, get him," the man said to his gang.

Woohyun's eyes widened. Out of all the times that he had walked down this street to buy things from the convenience store, this was the first time that he got in a fight here. The closest that he had been in a fight was when he was learning taekwondo and at least there were safety precautions and you only had to fight one-on-one. Now he gets to experience a street fight all by himself against a gang and he was not very proud of it. 

"Aish, what have I gotten myself into?" he asked himself. The first man came and threw a punch, only to have Woohyun dodge it and kick him in the stomach. 

"Argh," the man said as he fell down. The second man came and did a high kick, only to have Woohyun catch it and throw him onto the ground. "You idiots! Don't go one-by-one, gang up on him!" the bald man yelled. The gang surrounded him and went to attack him all at once.

Woohyun was able to dodge and counter-attack a few, but to have 10 angry drunkards attacking him at once, it was amazing that he was still alive. He was eventually punched in the face and kicked down. He lied on the ground, clenching his stomach that was kicked at. He took his hand and rubbed his lips only to see blood coming out of it.

*Aish, these people. If I come home looking like this, Hani would surely freak out!* He tried to stand up, but a food stepped on his hand. "Ah!" Woohyun yelled in pain.  

The man glared at him. "This is what happens when you don't have any manners. You should've kneeled when I told you to, but now look at you. You're lying pathetically on the ground with your hand under my foot. You're lucky that I'm not applying enough pressure to break your hand," the man said. He then put his hand out and said, "Give me the bottle, I have to teach this kid a lesson." 

His gang knew what he was asking for and handed him the bottle. It was the very last bottle of alcohol that they had and they didn't even finish drinking it yet. The man took the bottle and chugged down all of the alcohol. He then lifted it above his wide, opened mouth and shook the bottle so that he could drink until the very last drop. 

When he was sure that he drank all that he could, he looked at Woohyun with an evil smile on his face. "I'll show you what happens when you won't do what I told you to do," the man said menacingly. He lifted the bottle up and was about to smash it into Woohyun's face.

Woohyun used the one hand that wasn't stepped on to shield his face and head. 

Smash