Confession

Unexpected Angel

“Wow, this is really delicious,” Hani said as she her ice cream.

“Then you should say thank you since I bought it for you,” Woohyun said as he also ate his.

“But I already did,” she said.

“But I want to hear it again, but this time add Woohyun oppa~” he said.

Hani nodded and turned towards him. “Thank you Woohyun oppa~” she said with a smile.

Seeing her like that made him smile. He blushed and felt a fluttery feeling in his heart. “Aigoo, you’re so cute.” He lightly pinched her cheek with a smile on her face.

Hani scrunched up her face. “You always say that,” she said with a pout. “I’m not a kid you know.”

“But you seem like one to me.” He let go of her cheek and they continued walking.

“Hani?” somebody said.

They both turned towards the person and Hani’s eyes widened in surprise when she saw him. “Oh, Luhan!”

Luhan walked up to her with a big smile. “I thought that you left. Why are you still here on Earth?”

“Oh, I have another assignment that involves Woohyun,” she said while pointing to Woohyun.

“Oh, I see…” Luhan nodded his head in understanding. “But it’s nice to see you again. I forgot to say thank you for helping me do so well on my exam before you left.”

“That’s okay, I heard you say it from up above.” She pointed towards the sky and smiled. “I hear everything you know.”

“Yeah, I know,” he said, returning the smile. “Still got that super hearing huh?” Hani nodded. “And still loves ice cream as always.”

“Of course, ice cream is the greatest thing that humans have ever invented,” she said.

Woohyun watched him the whole time and he didn’t like it at all. She was smiling at another guy, and he would have let this go if only they didn’t look so close. That guy also seems to know a lot about her. It seemed like everything he knew about her, that guy also knows. “Ahem, I’m still here,” he said with a fake cough.

“Oh yeah, Luhan, meet Woohyun. He’s my new person that I am assigned to,” she said.

*New person that I am assigned to?* he repeated in his head. *I’m just another one of your assignments?*

“It’s nice to meet you.” Luhan put a hand and waited for him to shake it.

“Yeah, you too,” he said emotionlessly while shaking his hand.

“But what are you doing here Luhan?” Hani asked.

“Oh, just taking a walk,” he replied.

“Then do you want to come over to Woohyun’s house? It’s really big and it even has a swimming pool in the back,” she said.

Woohyun was surprised that she was inviting him to their house without permission from him. After all, he was the rightful owner of the place, next to his parents of course. “You’re just going to invite him to our house like that? We barely even know him.”

“Well, you don’t, but I have known him long enough to know what he’s like,” she said. “So please Woohyun, let’s invite him over.”

She gave him the puppy dog eyes and it didn’t take very long to convince him. “Alright fine,” he said.

“Yay!” Hani went over and linked arms with Luhan. “Come on, I’ll give you a house tour when we get there.” She excitedly pulled him along, leaving Woohyun behind.

Woohyun scoffed in disbelief. “She left me,” he muttered under his breath. “She left me for another guy.” He looked at his ice cream and didn’t feel like eating it anymore. He then harshly threw it away into a trash can and followed them back home.


 

“It’s big isn’t it,” Hani said as she finished giving Luhan the tour.

Luhan nodded. “Yeah, really big.” He stared at everything in amazement. “It’s way better than my old apartment.”

“Wait, old apartment?” she said confused. “Did you move out from your old one?”

Luhan nodded in response. “Yeah, I got a job and was able to save enough money to move out.”

Hani pouted. “Aw, but I liked that apartment. It was small and cozy.”

“Yeah, it also had all of our memories in it. I was pretty sad when I saw it empty, without all of its furniture,” he said. He then remembered something. “Remember when you insisted on sleeping on the floor and let me sleep on the bed, but woke up screaming when you saw a spider?” An amused smile grew on his face as he remembered it.

“Hey,” she said. “It was scary. It was like this big.” She used her hands to show how big it was.

“What kind of angel is scared of a spider?” he said as he ruffled her hair.

Hani pouted. “An angel that knows how scary spiders can be,” she replied.

Woohyun watched them with anger boiling up inside of him. *So she stayed with him and slept in the same room as him?* He started to imagine the scene, but quickly tried to forget it since it hurts too much to imagine it.

Luhan then looked at the clock and saw that it was getting late. “Um, I have to go…” he started to say. “But before I leave, I want to tell you something.”

“What is it?” Hani asked.

Luhan’s face turned serious all of a sudden. He then remembered that Woohyun was standing there in the living room with them. “Um, can you leave for a moment?” he politely asked.

Woohyun raised an eyebrow at him “It’s my house, so why should I leave?” he said.

“Woohyun, can you just leave for a moment,” Hani asked. She knew that Luhan had something serious that he wanted to talk about and that it would be uncomfortable if Woohyun was there to listen in on it. “It seems like Luhan has something to say.”

Woohyun saw her with pleading eyes and reluctantly left them alone. When it seemed like Woohyun was gone, Luhan turned towards Hani. “Um, I know that we didn’t see each other for that long…” He paused in the middle and took a deep breath before continuing. “But I liked you. I liked you a lot.”

Hani was surprised by his confession all of a sudden. “When you heard me thank you, did you hear me cry?” he asked as he stared into her eyes. “I came home from school one day, and you were gone just like that. I wasn’t even able to tell you that I liked you. I liked you so much that it hurts.”

“Luhan-“

“But you disappeared,” he continued. “You disappeared from my life like you were just a good memory that was too good to be true. I was heartbroken when you left. I felt like the whole world crashed on me.” His eyes started getting a little teary. “I know that I can’t love you because you’re an angel and that it’s forbidden, but I really did love you.”

Hani didn’t know what to say. When she was able to regain her voice, she said, “But why are you telling me this now? I’m not your angel anymore.”

Luhan then pulled her into an embrace. “I’m moving to China. Actually, it’s more like I’m going back to China,” he said. His arms were wrapped securely around her body as he was holding her. “I walked around the city today, trying to relive my memories with you, but then you actually showed up. I thought that it was a miracle; that God gave me a chance to confess before I leave.”

He then let go of her and stared into her eyes and trailed down to her lips. He closed his eyes and slowly leaned in. As she saw him get closer and closer to her, she remembered Woohyun’s face. She then closed her eyes and turned her head the other way.

When Luhan saw her do that, his smiled turned sad and he instead kissed her forehead. He let his lips stay there for a while before pulled away. “Goodbye,” he said. “I finally got a chance to say it now.” He gave her one last smile before leaving.

Hani didn’t know what to do. She just stood there, stunned by what happened. “He loved you?”

Hani snapped out of her daze and turned towards the direction of the voice. She saw Woohyun with an unreadable expression. “He loved you?” he asked again.

“Um… uh… what are you talking about?” she said.

Woohyun stared at her forehead. “And you let him kiss your forehead?”

She looked up and tried to see her forehead. “D-did you a-actually listen to our conversation?” she asked him back. “It was a private conversation and I asked you to leave-“

“Don’t try to change the subject,” he interrupted. He then went over to her, grabbed her wrist, and pulled her towards the kitchen sink.

“Woohyun… what are you doing?” she asked when she saw him wetting a paper towel.

Woohyun didn’t say anything and faced her. He then brought the paper towel up to her face and gently wiped her forehead. “I don’t like it when another guy kisses you…” he said. “So I’m going to wipe away his mark.”

Hani blushed. “B-but why are you doing this?” she stuttered.

“Because you’re my angel…” He smiled at her. “You’re mine and only mine.”

Hani felt as if her heart was going to stop working at any moment. “Look at you blushing,” he said with a playful smile. “Do you actually have feelings for me to blush like that?” he teased.

She didn’t say anything. “Hani?” he called. He furrowed his eyebrows when she didn’t even move. “Are you okay?”

She then looked at him in the eyes. “It’s weird…” she started. “I don’t know why, but my heart acts weirdly whenever I see you.”

“What are you talking about?” he asked again.

“I don’t know,” she said with a confused expression. “Whenever I see you… my heart beats faster and it feels like it might stop working.”

Woohyun was surprised by what she said. *Is this a confession?* he asked himself. *Is she actually confessing to me?* He looked at her and saw that she was looking down, blushing. *Maybe she really does have feelings for me* he thought happily.

“There must be something wrong with me right? I don’t think that-“

“Let’s date,” he interrupted.

Hani instantly looked at him with shock evident in her eyes. “Wait… what?” she asked in confusion. “What do you mean by date?”

“I mean as in let’s go out,” he said straightforwardly. “You say that your heart is beating faster around me aren’t you? So let’s see if you like me.”

She looked at him, puzzled. “Does having my heart beat faster around you actually mean that I like you?” she asked.

Woohyun shrugged. “Maybe… maybe not,” he answered. “But you want to find out right?” She nodded her head. “Then let’s go out,” he said again.

Hani contemplated over it. *Going out? But isn’t that being romantically involved with him?* she asked herself. “But Woohyun… I can’t be romantically involved with you. It’s against the rules.”

“What rules?” he asked.

“Angel rules,” she replied. “I’m only here to help you, not date you.”

“It’s your job to help me right?” he asked with a raised eyebrow. She slowly nodded. “Then go out with me. I’m also feeling that way and it’s confusing me. So help me find out why I’m feeling this way around you.”

“What do you mean?” she asked.

He sighed. “Do I really have to explain it?” he asked. She nodded in response, making him sigh again. “My heart also acts really weird around you,” he admitted. “I even want to spend every moment with you. If you’re not there, I would look for you. Now isn’t that weird?”

She let his words soak in for a moment before nodding. “Yeah, that sounds really weird,” she replied.

“And I don’t know why I’m acting this way,” he continued. “So please, go out with me. I want to know why I’m feeling this way around you.” Hani hesitated to answer. “You said that you feel the same way, don’t you want to know why you feel that way?” He tried his best to convince her and hoped that it would work.

She took some time to think. *But doing this is also helping him. I was sent here to help him and do everything he asks for, so this is not breaking the rules right?* she asked herself. She then nodded to herself. *That’s right, this isn’t breaking the rules. It’s not like we’re in love with each other or anything.* It took her a few minutes to think about it before she could give an answer. She then looked him in the eyes. “Alright…” she said a little hesitantly. “Let’s date.

Woohyun felt as if he just won the lottery. “You’ll really date me?” he asked as if to confirm that this wasn’t a dream. Hani nodded her head and he pinched himself to see if this was real or not. When he felt the pain from his own pinch, he smiled in happiness and hugged her. “I promise that I’ll be the best boyfriend ever,” he said as he wrapped his arms securely around her body. “I’ll make sure that you’ll find out that your heart beats for me because you like me. I’ll make sure that it will happen.”

Hani was surprised by what he said. “Wait… does that mean that you…”

Woohyun didn’t need to hear the end of her sentence to know what she was about to say. “That’s right,” he admitted with a nod. “I like you. I like you a lot.”

From that sentence alone, it made her blush like crazy. *Wait a minute, Oh Hani… why are you feeling so happy when he said that?* she asked herself in confusion.


 

Yes! I finally updated. *throws confetti in the air* It's been so long since I've updated this story since I'm kind of busy with my other one. But here it is, and with a special cameo from Luhan. Also, I hope that it wasn't too cheesy or anything. ^^