Bike Date

Unexpected Angel

“So where should we go?” Woohyun smiled as he held her hand.

“I don’t know… anywhere,” Hani replied.

Woohyun thought for a moment. “Then let’s go to the Han River,” he suggested. “That was the first place that we went with you.”

Hani smiled as she remembered the memory. “Yeah, I remember,” she said. “That was where you taught me how to ride a bike.”

“Yup.” Woohyun nodded. “Since you now know how to ride a bike, I was thinking of riding one together.”

“Like a two-seater bike?” she asked. He nodded again. Her face brightened up and she gripped his hand without thinking. “Then let’s go,” she said excitedly. She started pulling him until they finally arrived at the bike rental.

“Are you really that excited?” he asked when they got there.

Hani nodded. “Yeah, I only got to ride it once, but I wasn’t given a chance to ride it again after that,” she said with a pout.

Woohyun smiled at her cuteness. “Then today’s your lucky day,” he said. “We’re going bike riding today.” He smiled again before leaving to rent the bike.

Hani watched him as he went to go get the bikes. When he came back, he brought back 2 of them. Hani furrowed her eyebrows. “Why are you bringing back two bikes?” she asked.

Woohyun looked a little disappointed. “Well…” He looked around and saw a couple riding a two-seater bike. He pointed at them. “They took the last two-seater one.”

Hani looked over at them and pouted. “Aww, I wanted to ride a two-seater bike with you,” she said as she watched the couple having fun together.

Woohyun rubbed the back of his head. “Sorry…” he said sheepishly. He then looked at the couple. *If only we’ve gotten here just a little bit earlier, then Hani and I would’ve gotten to ride that bike. I hate seeing her being disappointed.*

Hani looked over at him and saw that he looked sad. She then realized that she shouldn’t have looked that disappointed. “Woohyun…” she said.

Woohyun looked over at her and saw her smiling. “Let’s go ride these bikes. I want to ride around this place.” She went over and hopped onto the blue bike.

“Aren’t you disappointed?” he asked.

Hani shook her head. “Of course not,” she replied. “I’m happy to just be able to ride next to you.”

She smiled at him, and he could feel himself blushing. He then smiled back and hopped onto the other bike. “Wait a minute…” He looked at his bike and then looked at hers. “Why did you get the blue one?”

Hani looked at her bike before shrugging. “I don’t know. I just picked it,” she answered. “Is there something wrong?”

Woohyun nodded. “Yeah, I was supposed to get the blue one, and you’re supposed to get the pink one,” he whined.

Hani looked at him with a confused look on her face. “Why was I supposed to get the pink one?” she asked.

“Because that’s what I saw in the drama,” he explained. “The main female lead rode the pink one and the main male lead rode the blue one. You’re ruining my recreation of a romantic drama.” He pouted and crossed his arms.

Hani smiled when he saw how cute he was when he’s acting like a little kid that didn’t get what he wanted. “Aigoo, is our Namu getting sad?” she asked. She reached over and ruffled his hair.

Woohyun continued to pout. “Since when did you start treating me like a kid?” he asked.

“Ever since our Woohyunie started acting like one,” she said with a smile.

Woohyun started pouting again, but then realized something. “Wait a minute, did you just call me ‘our Woohyunie’?” he asked.

Hani replayed what she said before nodding. “Yeah, I did,” she said.

A playful smile grew onto his face. “Why didn’t you call me my Woohyunie instead?” he asked her. “You know that I’m yours, right?”

Hani blushed when she heard what he said. “W-what?” she stuttered. “You’re not mine, you belong to yourself.”

Woohyun shook his head and smiled. “No, I’m not,” he said. “I’m yours, and I’ll always be yours.”

Hani started blushing madly. To escape the embarrassment of him seeing her blushing face, she started pedaling away from him. “You’re too greasy, Namu,” she said before biking away.

Woohyun chuckled and shook his head. “My cute Hanu,” he said with a smile. “What I said was the truth. I didn’t say it to be greasy.” He was still smiling when he started to pedal towards her.


 

“Woohyun, I don’t think that I can pedal anymore,” Hani stopped pedaling and took a break.

Woohyun also stopped and looked over at her. “Are you too tired?” he asked worriedly. “We can always go back-“

“No,” she replied with a smile. “I’m not that tired. I just need a little break.” *I don’t want to go home yet. But it’s weird, why did my legs get tired so easily?* she thought. She then stretched her legs out to see if they would be less tired by doing so. *Legs recover quickly~*

Woohyun watched her before an idea popped into his head. “Wait here, okay?” he said. He then started pedaling somewhere.”

“Woohyun, where are you going?!” she yelled so that he could hear.

“Somewhere!” he yelled back. “Wait for me Hanu!”

“Okay!” she said as she watched him go. “But where is he going?” she asked herself.

After a few minutes, Woohyun came back running without his bike. “Hani!” he said when he got there. He was panting, but he tried his best to smile. “Let’s ride together.”

Hani looked at him in confusion. “How are we going to ride together if you don’t have your bike?” she asked.

Woohyun pointed to her bike. “We’ll use that one.”

Hani looked at her bike. “But how are we both going to fit on it?” she asked.

Woohyun lightly flicked her forehead. “Don’t you see the tray on the bike?” he asked her.

She pouted and looked at the bike. “Oh, you’re right,” she said when she saw it. “So that means that one of us will sit on there?”

Woohyun nodded. “You’re so clueless,” he teased.

She pouted again. “I just didn’t see it,” she said.

Woohyun then hopped onto the bike. “Get on,” he said.

“You’re going to pedal?” she asked.

Woohyun nodded. “Of course, that’s what I saw in the dramas,” he answered.

“When did you start watching so many dramas?” she asked.

“Since I’ve started liking you.” He smiled at her and it made her blush. “Now get on so that I can fulfill my bucket list.”

Hani tried to stop herself from blushing before getting on behind him. “One of the things that you wrote on your bucket list was to ride a bike like in the dramas?” she asked.

Woohyun shook his head and looked at her in the eyes. “No, it was to ride a bike with my girlfriend.” Hani started blushing again. Woohyun saw it and chuckled to himself. “Yah, Oh Hani.”

Hani finally stopped her blushing before looking up at him. “What is it?” she asked.

“Are you just going to ride in the back like that? It’s completely unsafe, you know.”

“What’s unsafe?” She had a confused expression on her face.

Woohyun shook his head in disapproval. “How is my angel going to protect me if she’s not even going to protect herself from falling and getting hurt,” he said. He then took her arms before bringing them around his waist. “Hold on tight, I don’t want you to get hurt.”

Hani blushed even harder this time. *Aish, Oh Hani, why do you keep blushing?* she mentally scolded herself. She was about to take her hands back, but Woohyun stopped her.

“Why are you taking your hands back? Do you want to fall?” he asked. She kept staring at the ground and shook her head. Woohyun furrowed his eyebrows. “Why aren’t you looking at me?”

“B-because…” She quickly tried to think of something. “T-there’s an ant on the ground!” she blurted out. “I-I just want to watch it crawl.”

Woohyun raised an eyebrow. “So you would rather stare at an ant then at me?” he questioned. She didn’t answer and he pouted. “Yah, Oh Hani…” He lifted her face up with both of his hands. “...you’re making me sad. I want you to look at me and only me.”

She was surprised by not only what he said, but also when she suddenly made eye contact with him. She then saw a playful smile growing onto his face. “Ohh, are you not looking at me because I’m too handsome?” he asked.

She blushed harder before answering. “N-no.”

He smiled teasingly at her. “But you are.”

“No, I’m not,” she denied.

“Yah, Hanu,” he said. He looked into her eyes and smiled at her. “Do you know that you’re really cute when you’re embarrassed?”

Her face was heating up to the extent that it could actually be hotter than the sun. She tried to look away, but Woohyun was holding her head in place making her unable to move it. She then bit her lip since she got nervous looking at him.

Woohyun noticed her biting her lip and held his breath for a second. “Stop biting your lip…” His face got serious all of a sudden. “…it makes me want to kiss you.”

She widened her eyes from his statement. Before she knew it, he already closed his eyes and started to lean in closer. She shut her eyes also, not knowing how to react by what was happening. Woohyun was just about to graze her lips when he stopped, paused for a moment, and moved his lips to her forehead instead.

After she felt his soft lips on her forehead, she slowly opened her eyes and saw Woohyun sticking his tongue out at her. “Mehrong~” He playfully smiled at her. “You actually thought that I’ll kiss you?”

Hani was a little disappointed, but she wouldn’t admit it. Not to Woohyun, and not even to herself. “No,” she said.

“But I can totally see the disappointment in your face,” he said with a teasing smile. He then turned back around and brought her arms around his waist again. “Let’s go, I still have to fulfill my bucket list.” He was about to start pedaling, but he stopped again. “And you’d better not let go of me. If you get hurt then I’ll never forgive myself.”

Hani nodded and lightly held onto the sides of his shirt. Woohyun then finally pedaled and they rode around the area, enjoying the scenery.

Hani finally stopped blushing and looked up. “Woah… it’s such a nice day today.” She started smiling as she looked around.

Woohyun nodded. “Yeah, it took me a long time to find such a nice day on a weekend.”

“Is that why you kept watching the weather forecast?” she asked.

“Yup, and it’s all for you,” he said.

Hani started blushing again. “Thanks…” she said shyly.

“No need to thank me,” he said. “Going out on such a nice day is just a benefit of being my girlfriend. You’re happy to have me as a boyfriend, right?” He was anticipating her answer, but was also nervous that she might say no.

Hani was silent for a moment. She didn’t know how to answer the question. “Um…”

“Yah… you’re making me nervous…” He tried to take a glance at her to see what her expression was like. “You’re happy that I’m your boyfriend… right?” he asked again, but this time he was more scared of her answer than before.

Hani took a while to think about her answer. *Wait… do I like him or do I not?* she asked herself. She took another few minutes before taking a deep breath. “Woohyun… I…” she started to say.

Woohyun held his breath, waiting for her answer. *She won’t say no, right? She even told me before that her heart beats really fast around me. That pretty much means that she likes me, right?*

“Um… I’m not,” she said.

Woohyun froze from her answer. He could feel his heart breaking into a million pieces.


 

Yes! I finally finished this chapter! :D

I'm sorry that it took so long, but I was starting to run out of ideas for this chapter. Anyways, I hope that you liked it!^^