Comforting

Unexpected Angel

"Bye oppas!" Hani said as she waved at the Infinite members.

"Bye Hani!" they said as they waved back.

"It's too bad we have school tomorrow," Sungyeol said to Hani. "We could have hung out more, but school always have to get in the way of things." Sungyeol crossed his arms as he pouted.

"I know," Hani said as she also pouted. "I wish we could go to the same school."

"Sorry to interrupt, but we have to go," Sunggyu said. "It's getting late and I don't want to oversleep again." All the members in the car waved again and Sunggyu drove off.

Hani turned around and Woohyun opened the gate. They walked to the front door and spotted a package.

"What's this?" Woohyun asked as he picked it up.

"I don't know," Hani replied. "Let's go in and open it."

"Are you sure?" Woohyun asked. "Usually packages don't get to my front door without me knowing. I keep the gate locked at all times so it doesn't make sense for there to be a package here." Woohyun examined the package and he realized something. "Unless somebody's trying to terrorize me and put a bomb in there or something!" He quickly dropped the package and it fell to the ground.

"I don't think it's a bomb," Hani said as she picked it up. "It feels really light and aren't bombs heavy?" She started to shake the box and put her ear to it.

"Hey, careful!" Woohyun said. "You don't know when it would blow." Woohyun stepped away from her as he used his hands as a shield.

"Nope, I don't hear any ticking," Hani said. "I think it's just a normal package, so do you want to open it?" Hani turned to Woohyun as she held the box towards him.

"Can't you see inside it or something? I don't want to risk my life by opening a box that might have a bomb in it," Woohyun said.

"No, I don't have x-ray vision, but I do trust my hearing," Hani said. "And my hearing say that it's not a bomb."

"If you want to open the box so much then you open it," Woohyun said.

"Okay," Hani said. She started to pry the lid apart.

"Wait!" Woohyun yelled. He ran to the gate and tried to keep a distance between them. "Now go." He covered his ears and closed his eyes waiting for impact.

"Aigoo, this scaredy-cat ahjussi," Hani said as she shook her head. She started to open the box again and inside was a school uniform along with a letter. She took it out and examined the uniform. It was a pretty uniform with a black buttoned jacket, a white blouse, a plaid red skirt, and a striped red tie. "Woah," Hani said as she admired the uniform. She looked up and turned to Woohyun. "Woohyun oppa, it's not a bomb!"

Woohyun uncovered his ears and looked up. "It's not?" he asked. He saw that Hani was holding a uniform in her hand. "Wait, isn't that my school's uniform?"

"Really?" Hani said puzzled. She took out the letter in the box and put the uniform back in. The letter said:

Dear Hani,

For your assignment I think it's best that you go to the same school as Woohyun. I know you're going to like this since the uniform is pretty and you always admired the uniforms that humans wear. Also, I really hope that Woohyun didn't think that this was a bomb. That kid is seriously, really delusional sometimes. Anyways, I hope that you're doing well on your assignment, and also you can communicate with me at anytime if you need help using the tablet at the bottom of the box.

Sincerely,

God

P.S. You can also communicate with Eunji using the tablet since I just gave her one today, but don't do that too much. I want you to focus on your assignment. Also, take good care of it. I don't want to make you another one if you break or lose it.

Hani finished reading the letter and looked at the bottom of the box again. "So here's the tablet. I can't believe I didn't see this," Hani said.

"And where did that tablet come from?" Woohyun asked.

Hani looked up again and faced Woohyun. "Oh, it's just a package from God. Also it looks like we're going to the same school," Hani said excitedly.

"What?! You're going to my school too?" Woohyun said.

"Yeah, isn't this going to be so much fun!" Hani said.

"Then that means that you really will be with me 24/7," Woohyun said in disbelief. "What have I gotten myself into?" Woohyun started to rub his temple.

"Are the Infinite oppas going to be there?" Hani asked with a hopeful look on her face.

"No, we all go to different schools," Woohyun replied.

"Oh," Hani said disappointed. Then she remembered that she could communicate with Eunji with the tablet. Her face lit up again as she put everything back into the box. "Woohyun, I'm going in first! There's something that I have to do." She rushed into the house and left Woohyun standing outside alone.

"I still can't believe that we're going to the same school. Oh well, I guess it could be kind of fun," Woohyun said as he walked into the house.

Hani got to her bedroom and the tablet. She looked at the contacts and saw that it only had two people, Eunji and God. She tapped on Eunji's name and waited for Eunji to answer. Eunji's face popped up and Hani immediately smiled. "Eunji-ah~!

"Hani-ah~! I missed you so much!" Eunji said.

"Me too!" Hani replied. "How's heaven like without me?"

"Boring," Eunji replied flatly. "I miss my troublemaker so much!"

"Aww, this is the first time that you admitted that you liked my mischievous ways," Hani said. "If only I could record this right now, then maybe I can use it as some sort of blackmail," Hani mumbled to herself.

"Hey, I can hear you," Eunji said.

"What, I didn't say anything," Hani said innocently.

"I know that trick and I'm not going to fall for it," Eunji said.

"Eunji-ah, come help me distribute these tablets to the other angels!" someone yelled in the background.

"Oh, gotta go. God needs me to help him pass out all the tablets. Either way I really do miss you and I wish that we could've talked for longer," Eunji said as she pouted.

"Yeah, me too," Hani said as she also pouted.

"Bye Hani, and remember to visit me when you're free!" Eunji said as she ended the call.

Hani's expression turned solemn as Eunji's face disappeared from the screen. She heard a knock on her door and turned around to see Woohyun.

"Who was that?" he asked.

"Oh, it was just my friend," Hani said as she faked a smile.

Woohyun noticed her fake smile and frowned. "Why are you faking a smile?" Woohyun asked. "You're usually really happy."

"Oh, it's nothing," Hani said as she turned away.

"It's okay, you can tell me," Woohyun said as he walked up to her. He sat down next to her on her bed.

"Well, it's just that I'm not use to doing assignments alone," Hani said. "Eunji and I always do assignments together, but this time I'm doing it all alone and I'm feeling a little homesick."

Woohyun listened intently to what she said. "I understand how you feel. When my parents first left me alone to go on a business trip, I felt very lonely. I was always left with my butlers and maids to take care of me, but I eventually got over it with the help of my friends. Since my parents know their parents very well, we would always play with each other even when my parents weren't here," Woohyun said.

"Are the friends that you're talking about the Infinite oppas?" Hani asked.

"Yeah, they are," Woohyun replied. "And since you're also feeling the same way that I felt before, I will be that friend of yours. I'll be here for you if you ever feel alone or homesick so you can come to me if you do," Woohyun said as he smiled comfortingly.

Hani felt a lot better after what he said. "Thanks Woohyun, I feel a lot better now," Hani said as she regained her smile.

"That's good to hear," Woohyun said.

"But one question," Hani said.

"What is it?" Woohyun asked.

"Why did you ask for protection?" Hani asked. "I mean, since you don't really look like you need any."

"Oh, that," Woohyun said. "I was kind of panicking and Dongwoo suggested that so I just made the wish. Why, does that make a difference?"

"Yeah, if you didn't add that part to the wish, you could've had another angel instead of me," Hani said. "I have powers so it's very useful for me to protect people with it."

"Oh, it would've made a pretty big difference if another angel came instead of you," Woohyun said. Woohyun tried to imagine another angel coming to him instead of Hani, but for some reason he couldn't imagine another angel taking Hani's place.

"Oh, and also where are your butlers and maids now? I haven't seen anybody else in this house besides from you and the Infinite oppas," Hani said.

"That's because I wanted a place all to myself. My parents always go away on business trips and since I feel like I'm old enough to take care of myself, I decided to move out. Mostly because my parents really need the butlers and maids to clean the house and cook for them when they come back, so my parents just bought me a house when I told them that I didn't need the butlers and maids. Even though I'm still not considered an adult yet to live alone, they found a way around that. Also you might be thinking that my parents are bad for picking the butlers and maids over me, but they asked for my decision first and trust me, they are truly the best parents in the world," Woohyun said as he smiled.

"Wow, that makes me miss my parents," Hani said.

"Wait a minute, angels have parents?" Woohyun asked confused.

"Well, they're not really my parents. They're more like my guardians. In heaven, baby angels were once humans, but passed away when they were still young children. Considering whether they were good or bad kids, they can go to heaven. Older angels can volunteer, by themselves or as a group, to train and take care of a baby angel until the baby angel can go on their own on assignments and stuff," Hani explained.

"So that means that you passed away when you were still young," Woohyun said sadly.

"Yeah, but that's okay. What matters is the present, not the past," Hani said. "Besides, I can't remember my past life as a human anyways so I won't feel that sad." Hani looked at the clock on her bedside table and saw that it was pretty late. "Woohyun, you should go to sleep. I don't want you to be late to school for oversleeping.

Woohyun also looked at the clock and was surprised at how late it was. "Yeah, I think it's time to sleep," Woohyun said as he got up. He started to walk towards the door.

"Goodnight, Woohyun," Hani said.

"Goodnight Hani," he replied.