Flying

Unexpected Angel

"Aish, Oh Hani. Why are you acting this way to Woohyun," Hani said. She started blushing again as she remembered how close Woohyun's face was before. She placed both of her hands on her cheeks and felt that they were beyond warm. "Why is this happening? I can't stop myself from blushing."

She lightly patted her face, hoping that it would cool down. After patting numerous times, she gave up and laid down while hugging a pillow. "I don't know anymore," she said as she stared at the ceiling. All of a sudden she heard something.

She sat up with perked ears and tried to hear it again. After listening for a moment, her eyes widened when she realized that the screams were from Woohyun. "Oh no, Woohyun's in trouble." She quickly ran out of the front door and brought her wings out. Her dazzling wings came out from her back and she took off into the air. "Woohyun, please be okay," she said worriedly. 


 

"I'll show you what happens when you won't do what I told you to do," the man said menacingly. He lifted the bottle up and was about to smash it into Woohyun's face.

Woohyun used the one hand that was free to shield his head and face from the impact. 

Smash

The bottle smashed to the ground a few feet away from them with pieces of glass flying everywhere. Woohyun didn't feel any pain from getting hit by a glass bottle and slowly uncovered himself. He looked up to see all of the men's eyes wide opened as they looked at something. The man that held his foot on Woohyun's hand took his foot away to turn towards the person, no scratch that, angel before him. 

"Wha-, is that an angel?" one of the men asked. 

*Angel?* Woohyun thought to himself. He took the opportunity to stand up and was surprised to see Hani standing there with her magnificient wings out. 

"Yah, haven't your parents taught you to not gang up on people?" she said. She shot them a glare that made them all flinch. 

"H-how dare y-you say that to me," the man that was about to hit Woohyun with the bottle said. "Guys, attack her!" He gestured for the gang to go, but they hesitated. They didn't know if they should hit such a celestial being.

"I don't think that you would want to do that," Hani said threateningly. 

"What are you waiting for? Attack her!" the man yelled.

His gang decided to do what they were told and ran up to her while yelling. Hani put her hand out and they all flew back and was knocked unconcious when they all hit their heads onto the ground. She shook her head disapprovingly and said, "They never listen."

She looked up and saw the man that commanded his gang to attack her. She glared at him and said, "I think you should better run." 

The man saw fire coming out of her hands and didn't need to think before running away while screaming like a little girl. "People these days, they're a bunch of cowards ganging up and people like this," Hani said. She looked over and saw Woohyun with a few bruises on him. "Woohyun!" She ran over to him with worried eyes. 

"Are you okay? Does it hurt a lot?" she asked. She frantically looked all around him to see what kind of injuries they gave him. 

"I'm fine, it's just a couple of bruises," he said reassuringly. 

"A couple of bruises?" Hani asked with a bewildered look on her face. "Look at you, you're beaten up to a pulp!" Woohyun suddenly started to laugh. "What's so funny?" she asked confused.

"Beaten up to a pulp?" he asked still laughing. "It's only a cut on my lip and bruise next to it, that's nothing." Surely enough, his face was completely fine except for a cut lip and a bruise near it. 

"But either way we still have to treat it," Hani said worriedly. 

Woohyun softened seeing how worried she was for him, but then he suddenly realized something. "Wait, how did you know that I was in trouble?" he asked curiously.

Hani looked at him. "Remember my amazing hearing?" she asked. Woohyun nodded his head. "Well I can manipulate it like how you manipulate the volume of the t.v. That's why when I'm outside where there are a lot of noise, I can just turn it down and not be too affected by it, but there are some exceptions. Like how it turns on to the max volume when the person that you're assigned to is calling out for help."

Woohyun nodded his head in understanding. "So you came because your hearing got to the max when I yelled 'argh'?" he asked.

"Exactly," Hani replied with a smile. Woohyun also smiled when he finally saw Hani smile at him again. *That's right Hani, keep smiling at me. Please don't avoid me anymore.*

As they were smiling at each other, they didn't notice one of the men regained consciousness and picked up a glass shard. "Ahh!" he yelled as he ran towards them. 

Hani was the first to notice him and without hesitation, she went in front of Woohyun and shielded him. "Ah!" she screamed as the piece of glass pierced her skin. 

Woohyun's eyes widened when he saw blood coming from her arm. He then looked up and met eyes with the culprit. "You, you're going to pay for what you did!" he angrily yelled. The man grew scared by Woohyun's death glare and backed away. "Hani stay here, I'm going to deal with this man." He was about to walk towards him when he felt somebody pull on his arm.

"Don't hurt him," Hani said. "I'm fine with God yelling at me for hurting them, but not you. I don't want you to sin." She gave him a weak smile. 

Woohyun smiled back and said, "Don't worry, I won't." He gently pulled her hand off and advanced towards the man. 

"Stay away from me, I'm warning you!" the man said. He was about to run away when Woohyun caught his arm and stared him right in the eyes.

"I really want to hurt you right now, but be thankful that she won't let me," he said. He then hit a pressure point causing the man to become unconscious again. 

"What just happened?" Hani asked.

Woohyun turned back to his usual self as he turned to look at her. "Nothing, I just hit a pressure point," he said while smiling. "I bet that they will wake up tomorrow and think that this was all a dream." His smile then fell when he saw a lot of blood coming out of her wound. 

He quickly ran over to her and said, "We've got to go to the hospital! I don't want this to get infected."

Hani shook her head. "It's okay, there's no need to go to one," she said.

"But look at you! You're bleeding a lot!" he said.

"It's going to heal really quickly, look," she said. She put a hand over her wound and a bright light glowed under it. When she lifted up her hand again, there was no trace of the wound, not even the blood that was running down from it. Her arm looked completely normal again. 

"Woah," Woohyun said, clearly amazed. 

"I'm an angel," Hani said. "Angels can't die nor get sick, but it does hurt when we injure ourselves. But then again, we can heal this quickly." 

"So that explains why your knee healed so quickly that time," Woohyun said. "I knew that it was weird when I saw it the next day and there was not even a scab on your knee."

Hani smiled. "Let's go home now, we still need to treat your injuries," she said. She started to walk home, but he stopped her.

"What about your wings? Are you going to put them away? What if somebody else sees them?" Woohyun asked. He looked around to check if anyone witnessed her wings. 

"I'll put them away," Hani said. "But first..." She looked at him mischievously.

"Why are you- ahh!" he yelled. He closed his eyes and felt the air rush past him as he was lifted off the ground. His arms flailed around, but all he felt was air and no ground. He slowly opened his eyes and the first thing that he saw was Seoul city lights far below him. "Wha-what's happening? Why can I see the city below me!" 

He heard a laugh and looked to his right to see Hani laughing at him while holding his hand. "Hahaha, you should see you face right now!" she said while laughing. 

"Y-yah, it's not funny," Woohyun said embarrassed.

"Sorry, I couldn't help myself," she said as she wiped away an invisible tear. She then loosened her grip on his hand only to have him quickly grab it back.

"Yah, why are you letting go of my hand! Do you want to see me fall to my death or something?!" he yelled. 

"Woohyun, I would never let that happen. Trust me," she said.

She looked sincerely into his eyes and Woohyun saw her sincereness. "Alright I trust you, but I'd better not regret this in the end!" he said. He slowly let go of her hand and closed his eyes. He expected to feel the cold, hard ground by now, but he only felt air. He opened his eyes and saw himself floating all by himself.

"See, I told you that I wouldn't let that happen," Hani said. She leisurely flapped her wings while backwards.

"H-how-," 

"Did you forget that I have telekinesis?" Hani asked interrupting him.

Woohyun thought about what she said. "So that's how the bottle didn't hit me," he said. 

Hani nodded her head. "Yup, that was me," she said. "So how does it feel to fly like this, cool huh?"

"Yeah, it's really cool," he replied. "This is just like in the movie 'Peter Pan' where Wendy and her brothers were able to fly thanks to him." Woohyun then suddenly looked at Hani with a bewildered look. "Are you actually Peter Pan?"

Hani furrowed her eyebrows. "What, no!" she replied. 

Woohyun started to laugh at her. "I'm just kidding," he said still laughing. 

Hani smiled and laughed along with him. They flew all around Seoul because of Woohyun's request and at the same time they were joking and laughing with each other.

*I wish time would stop now,* both of them thought.


 

So Woohyun finally gets to experience flying for the first time. :D