First Day of School

Unexpected Angel

Woohyun's pov:

I heard my alarm clock ring and I reached my hand out towards my nightstand. I felt around trying to find my alarm clock and when I did, I hit the snooze button. Then I heard it again and I did the same thing. The third time it rang, I finally woke up. My eyes were still half-closed as I sat up and turned it off. As I looked at the time my eyes shot open.

"Oh no, I'm late!" I yelled as I got up and ran into the bathroom.

I started to brush my teeth at rapid speed and as I was doing that, I remembered that Hani also had to go to school. *Hani doesn't know what time school starts so she didn't set her alarm clock* I thought. I ran to her room with my toothbrush in my mouth. "Hani!" I yelled. I knew that she wouldn't wake up so I quickly got the gong and tried to be as loud as I can.

Hani stirred and started to wake up. "Woohyun, why are you making so much noise again?" Hani asked as she sat up.

"There's no time to explain. Hurry get ready for school, we're going to be late!" I said.

Hani's eyes shot open as she realized what I said. "What! Why didn't you wake me up earlier?" she asked.

"I kind of overslept so just hurry up, I didn't even get ready myself," I said hurriedly as I ran back into my room.

Hani's pov:

I quickly ran into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. As I was brushing my teeth, I looked around trying to remember where I put the uniform. Then I remembered that I put it in the closet and I used my power to open it. It shot open as I saw my uniform hanging inside of it. I made my uniform fly towards me as I caught it and closed the bathroom door.

"Aish, I hate being rushed," I said as I quickly got changed.

No one's pov:

They both ran down the stairs to the front door. They finally got outside and Woohyun locked the gate, then turned around and ran to the bus stop. Hani didn't know where to go so she followed him. When they got there, they saw that the bus was about to leave.

"Wait!" Woohyun yelled as he picked up speed. The bus driver didn't hear him and started to drive away.

Hani saw that the bus was driving away and started to panic. "I'm sorry Mr. Bus Driver ahjussi, but we're in a hurry," Hani said. She lifted her hand up and the bus stopped.

"Wait, why isn't this bus going?" the bus driver said as he tried to make the bus go.

"Ahjussi!" Woohyun yelled as he started to bang on the door of the bus. "Please open the door!"

Hani caught up to Woohyun as she tried to catch her breath. The bus driver opened the door and the both of them got in. Woohyun scanned his bus card twice to also pay for Hani and walked to the back of the bus. He sat down at the empty seat in the back and panted heavily. "That was a close one," he said out of breath.

Hani walked up to him and collapsed into the seat next to him. "Oppa, next time try to wake up earlier," she said tiredly.

"Yeah, but at least we made it," he said. The bus started to move again and both of them felt relief.

The bus stopped near their school and they both got off. Hani saw how big and pretty the school was and her excitement grew. "Woah, I can't believe that I'm finally going to a human school!" she said excitedly.

As they walked into the entrance Hani stopped. "Woohyun oppa, do you know where the main office is? I need to get my schedule," Hani said.

"Oh, it's right over there," Woohyun said as he pointed at the direction where the main office was.

"Thanks," Hani said as she started to walk towards where Woohyun was pointing.

"Wait, do you want me to come with you?" Woohyun asked.

"No it's okay, I can go by myself," Hani replied with a reassuring smile.

"Alright then, if you say so," Woohyun said as he walked towards his classroom.

Hani got to the front of the main office and knocked on the door. "Come in," someone said. Hani went in and saw a person sitting at a desk. The person looked up and smiled.

"You must be the new student," he said. "Hello, I'm the principle of this school, but you can call me Mr.Lee," Mr.Lee said with a smile. He got something out of his drawer and gave it to Hani. "Here's your schedule and don't worry about being late to class, I already told your teachers that you're new here so you'll be excused. This school is pretty big so try your best not to get lost. Also to make it easier for you, your first class is on the second floor so you don't have to wander around the first floor."

"Thank you, sir," Hani said with a smile. She walked out of the office and went up to the second floor. She wandered around the second floor for a bit until she finally found her classroom. She slowly opened the door and poked her head in. "Um, excuse me, I'm a new student," she said slowly.

The teacher noticed her and stopped his lesson. "Oh, you must be Oh Hani. Come in and introduce yourself," he said as he gestured her in.

Hani slowly walked into the classroom. She faced the class and started to introduce herself. "Hello my name is Oh Hani, and I just transferred here. Please take care of me," she said as she bowed a little.

The boys started to swoon over her for being so cute and pretty while the girls didn't pay much attention.

"So Hani, you can choose where you want to sit," the teacher said.

"Pick me," all of the boys said while trying to convince Hani to sit next to them. One of them even pushed their seatmate off of their chair hoping that Hani would sit there instead.

Hani didn't know what to do until she saw Woohyun sitting in the back right corner looking out the window. She smiled as she pointed at the seat next to him. "Teacher, I want to sit there. Is that okay?" she asked.

"Of course it's okay, and you can call me Mr.Kim," the teacher replied. All of the boys were disappointed that Hani didn't pick them while the girls glared at Hani since she was going to sit next to Woohyun. "I can't believe she's sitting next to Woohyun, he doesn't like anyone sitting next to him," one of them whispered.

Hani heard what they said and wondered why Woohyun doesn't like anyone sitting next to him. She got to her desk and sat down. Woohyun still didn't notice anything since he was dazing off.

"Okay class, like I said, today you're taking your mid-term exam and you'll take all of your subjects in here. There are a lot of questions in this test so try your best on it and try to finish it on time," Mr.Kim said. "Hani, you don't have to take the exam, but then you would have to take it another day."

"No, it's okay Mr.Kim. I can take it today," Hani said.

"Are you sure?" Mr.Kim asked.

"Yeah, I'm sure," Hani replied.

Mr.Kim started to pass out the exams and when the exam got to Woohyun, he finally snapped out of his daze. At the corner of his eye, he saw a person sitting next to him. He turned towards the person and was surprised to see Hani sitting there. *Is this a dream?* he thought. *That seat was empty just a minute ago.* He decided to ask questions later and started his test. He finished his test in no time and walked up to give it to the teacher.

"Of course, my best student is finished first," Mr.Kim said with a proud smile. Hani finished right after him and walked up. "Hani haksaeng, you're finished already?" Mr.Kim asked surprised.

"Yes Mr.Kim, and I checked all of my answers also," she replied with a smile.

"Well, since you're both done, Woohyun can show you around the school," Mr.Kim said.

Woohyun went along with it since it would be better than sitting there in the classroom doing nothing. They both walked outside and closed the door to the classroom. "So you're in my class?" Woohyun asked.

"Yup, isn't that nice," Hani said with a smile.

"Can I see your schedule, I have a feeling that all of our classes are the same," Woohyun said. Hani gave him her schedule and he wasn't surprised by what he saw. "It seems like I'm right," he said as he gave her back her schedule.

"Then that means that I won't get lost as long as I follow you right?" Hani asked.

"Yeah," Woohyun replied as he walked away.

"Wait, where are you going?" Hani asked as she caught up to him.

"Showing you around the school," Woohyun said emotionless.

Hani frowned when Woohyun became emotionless. "Why are you so emotionless now. I liked the cheesy, greasy Nam Woohyun," Hani said as she pouted.

Woohyun started to smile as he saw her acting that way. "Oh, so you like me, huh?" Woohyun teased.

"Yeah, I do," Hani replied still pouting.

Woohyun's heart skipped a beat.

"You were such a good friend yesterday, but now you're being all emotionless," Hani replied. "I liked it when you were a supporting friend."

Woohyun became disappointed when she called him a friend and he doesn't know why he felt that way. "Cheer up," he said. "I'll give you ice-cream if you do."

Hani's face lit up as she heard him say ice-cream. "Really, you'll give me ice-cream?" she asked. Woohyun nodded his head as he smiled. "Yes, I'm getting ice-cream," Hani said excitedly.

They walked around the whole school as Woohyun showed her where everything was. Hani's legs started to feel tired from walking. "Aigoo, why is this school so big?" she said as she sat down on a bench.

Woohyun sat down next to her. "You'll get used to it," he said.

The bell rang and Hani perked up. "Oppa, what does the bell signal?" Hani asked.

"That's the lunch bell," Woohyun replied.

When Hani heard lunch, she shot up. "Let's go get lunch," she said as she pulled Woohyun up.

"I thought that you were tired," Woohyun said.

"I'm never tired for lunch," Hani said. "Come on, lets go." She pulled him all the way to the lunchroom and got in line. When Hani got her lunch, she tried to find a table. Woohyun got his lunch and kept walking. Hani saw him and was about to go after him when she saw a girl walk in front of him.

"There she goes again," someone said. "She always tries to eat lunch with him, but he keeps saying no."

"Who knows, maybe he'll say yes one day," another person said. "She is the queenka after all, all of the boys want her. It would make sense for a queenka like her to go out with a kingka like him."

Hani heard what they said and was not happy about it. *Will he abandon me for her?* she thought. She started to walk away with her head down feeling dejected when she heard Woohyun call her name.

"Hani-ah!" Woohyun yelled. "Weren't we going to eat lunch together?"

Hani turned around surprised that he called her. She saw him gesture her to come over. She quickly walked over and stood next to him.

"Sorry Subin, but I can't eat with you. I'm already eating with Hani," Woohyun said.

Subin grew disappointed. She's already used to Woohyun rejecting her offer to eat lunch with him, but this was the first time that he rejected her for another girl. "That's okay," she said as she smiled. She walked away back to her group of friends.

"Who was that?" Hani asked.

"Oh, just some girl that wanted to eat lunch with me," Woohyun said. "She always tries to bring me over to the popular table, but I always refuse."

"Why wouldn't you go to the popular table?" Hani asked. "It seems like you're pretty popular yourself."

"Nah, most of the people there are snobby. I don't really like their personalities," Woohyun said as he made a face. "Anyways, do you want to come with me to my secret place?"

"Sure, where is it?" Hani asked.

"Follow me," Woohyun said as he had on a mischievous grin.