Lee Subin

Unexpected Angel

A few days past and each day Hani and Woohyun grew closer and closer.

"Hey, what's with all of the commotion outside?" Hani asked. Lunchtime just began and Hani and Woohyun were still in the classroom.

"I don't know," Woohyun replied looking outside curiously. "Let's go check it out." They both got up and went outside. Outside, there was a crowd of people surrounding something on the wall. Hani jumped up and down, trying to see what they were looking at. "It looks like the school ranking," Woohyun said as he craned his neck.

"School ranking?" Hani asked as she looked up at him.

"Yeah, remember the exam we took a few days ago?" Woohyun asked. "Well they grade it and they rank the whole school by how good they did on it."

"Ohhh," Hani said as she nodded in understanding. "But how are we going to see it? There are so many people in the way." Hani jumped up and down again, still trying to get a glimpse of it.

"You can try to push through the crowd," Woohyun replied. "But I usually just wait until the crowd dies down."

Hani pouted. "But I want to see it now," she muttered to herself. Then she had an idea. *There's no need to push through the crowd* she thought as a mischievous smile grew on her face. All of a sudden the crowd in front of them parted, revealing a pathway that's big enough for the two of them. The crowd didn't seem like they noticed being pushed by an unknown force.

"Woah, what just happened?" Woohyun asked.

"I think a path just opened up for us," Hani replied. "Now let's go see how we rank."  Hani went through the crowd using the path and Woohyun followed her. She looked at the chart searching for their names. "Woah Woohyun, you're in first place," Hani said amazed.

"Yeah, I guess I am," Woohyun said as he also looked at his name. His eyes wandered down and saw Hani's name below his. "Hey, you got second place. That's pretty amazing considering that you took the exam on the day you transferred here," Woohyun said impressed.

"I guess that one assignment that made me have to study for a whole week just to tutor somebody came in handy," Hani said.

All of a sudden, Hani felt a tap on her shoulder. "Excuse me, can I go through?" somebody asked. Hani turned around and saw the girl that asked to eat lunch with Woohyun a few days ago, Lee Subin. "Oh, I'm sorry," Hani said as she smiled and moved away. She walked back to Woohyun who was standing far away from the crowd.

"You left without me," Hani said as she pouted.

"Sorry, I don't really like crowds," Woohyun replied. They were about to go get lunch when suddenly, somebody yelled.

"WHAT!" Subin exclaimed. "How did I end up being third! I never place lower than second place!" Subin angrily checked to see who was in second. When she saw Hani's name, she fumed. *First she steals my Woohyun oppa, and now she steals my rightful place as second place. Before she came here, Woohyun oppa and I always placed first and second!* she thought as she stared daggers at Hani's name.

"Wow, it's the first time that I see Subin like this. She was always so calm and elegant," one of the boys said. Subin heard what the boy said and immediately cooled down. *Keep your composure, you're not like this. You're calm and elegant, calm and elegant.* She kept repeating it to herself to calm herself down.

"I knew it," Woohyun said to Hani. "Subin is crazy." Woohyun shook his head in disapproval in a silly manner as Hani laughed.

"Yah, maybe she's just having a hard day," Hani said.

"Yeah, I guess," Woohyun said. "Anyways, I'm hungry. Can we go eat now?" Woohyun pouted and rubbed his stomach.

"Alright, let's go," Hani replied with a smile. Hani was about to walk to the cafeteria when Woohyun suddenly said, "Last person there has to pay for the winner's lunch!" as he sprinted to the cafeteria. "YAH!" Hani yelled at him. "That's not fair!" She started to sprint after Woohyun. 

Subin looked over to see Hani and Woohyun racing each other. "Argh, that Oh Hani," she growled under her breath. "From this day onwards, I'm going to fight even harder for my Woohyun oppa." She smirked and walked away.


So I finally introduced you guys to the antagonist and yes I know, you saw her a few chapters back, but this time I think it's a slightly better introduction since you can see her in all of her glory *cough* bad personality *cough* this time. Also thank you guys for subscribing, and I'm sorry that the update is kind of short. :)