Assignment

Unexpected Angel

"I'm so bored," said Hani. "Everything is so peaceful, colorful, quiet, and absolutely boring."

"Stop complaining so much," said Eunji. "You're one of the best angels in heaven and you should act like it."

"Why do you act so much like my mom?" asked Hani. "You're supposed to come up with ideas so that we can actually do something."

"Actually, you're the one that usually does that," replied Eunji.

"You're right," Hani said as she got up. She thought for a minute and an idea popped into her head. "Do you want to sing karaoke again?"

"The last time we did that the sky for the humans started to thunder and it freaked them out," replied Eunji. "We also got scolded so much that day."

"Yeah, we got in big trouble that day," said Hani. "But you have to admit that it was pretty fun."

"It was actually worth getting scolded," Eunji said as she laughed and remembered the memory.

"Now what?" Hani asked as she walked around, trying to think of something. "Then how about playing with my powers?"

"But you always play with your powers," replied Eunji.

"Well, I'm out of ideas," Hani said as she sat down.

They sat around for a few minutes and thought about things that they can do."

"Oh Hani!" yelled a voice.

"Yes!" Hani yelled back. "Who is it and what do you want."

"You know for being one of the best angels, you still don't talk that mannerly," nagged Eunji.

"Yeah, but you still speak in satoori even though you're one of the best angels," replied Hani.

"Hmmm, touche," said Eunji.

"Are you guys done now because I didn't even enter yet," said the voice.

Hani and Eunji looked at the direction where the voice came from. As they saw who it was, their faces lit up with bright, happy smiles.

"God!" they said as they ran to him cheerfully.

"How have my best angels been?" God asked.

"Bored," they said in unison and a pout.

"Have my angels been bored?" asked God

"Yeah," they said.

"Isn't there an assignment that we can do?" asked Hani.

"Actually there is, but it's only for Hani," replied God.

"Awww, but what about me," Eunji whined. "We're best friends and we usually do assignments together."

"I'm sorry but this person wished for a guardian angel on a shooting star," said God. "Not two.

"So I guess I have to do this alone right?" Hani asked.

"Yep, and to be more specific, he states that he wants a guardian angel that would protect him and do everything that he asks," God said. "Even if he asks you for the remote and it's only a foot away from him,but if he ever gets to lazy remember to motivate him to excercise."

"So the person I'm assigned to is lazy and weak that needs my protection and motivation?" Hani asked. "I don't think that I want to deal with that kind of person."

"Well, he's not that weak, in fact, he's a very strong, young man that can protect himself just fine," God said as he looked at Woohyun's file. "I wonder why he wanted protection then? Anyways, he has pretty good traits and has a clean record."

"Of course, why would angels even grant wishes for bad people," Eunji stated matter-of-factly.

"Yes Eunji, you're exactly right," God said as he gave Eunji a sticker. "Which is why you get a sticker."

"God, we're not in elementary school anymore," Eunji said as she giggled.

"Yeah, but I still remember when you two first came to me," God said having a flashback. "You two were so innocent and pure that I had to take you in as my disciples."

"And we always wondered why our parents sent us to you when other angels went to school," said Hani. "Not that I'm complaining since you're the best teacher ever."

"Yeah, I agree," Eunji said.

"Awww, you guys are so sweet," God said feeling touched by their words. Suddenly God's watch started beeping. "Well, it seems like I have to go." God handed Hani Woohyun's file. "Remember to do well on your assignment, and also read the file because I know that you like to skip that part."

"You know me too well," Hani replied with a smile. "How long will this assignment take?"

"I don't know how long but when the end is near then I will call you, but for the beginning, it starts early in the morning in human time," replied God. "Now, off I go!" God started to fly away while waving at them.

"Bye God!" they both said as they waved good-bye to him.

"So let's read the file, I'm curious about the person you're assigned to," Eunji said excitedly.

"Yeah, it's the first assignment that I'm doing alone," Hani said. "I hope i like my person."