CHAPTER IX

GOOD GIRL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Just like seasons, people change. However, unlike seasons, you can't figure out the time for someone to change. Maybe it's longer than you thought. Or maybe it's too soon. But what matters is whether they are happy or not. Because afterall, happiness is what everyone tries to pursuit."

 

Dara skipped her last class and now she was standing in front of the music studio in which Jiyong and his bandmates were having their rehearshal before the real competition tomorrow evening.

She knew Jiyong probably wouldn't feel happy to see her there, since he asked her to wait until the rehearshal done, but she really wanted to see him sing. So, with a determination in her eyes, she gripped the strap of her bag as a light push of the door welcomed her.

"Dara you're coming!" Seungri ,who's about to go out of the room, beamed at Dara as he immediately grabbed her hand and took a chair for her to seat. Jiyong felt his heart skip a bit, feeling a bit nervous for her presence.

"Okay guys, Jiyong's remedy is now here. We can start the practice," Seungri winked at Dara as Jiyong tilted his head, bewildered.

Dara landed her gaze on Jiyong, facing the boy with a smile plastered on her face. As usual, he's mesmerizing.

She knew today was the end of their relationship as bf-gf. But Bom had told her that an end was also a beginning of something. Dara wasn't sure about what this life offered to her. Her world had been revolving around Jiyong until today. She didn't want to think about it as she kept Jiyong's words that he would stay with her ... as her bestfriend. Just like Bom.

Her smile didn't falter in the midst of her bleeding heart. If she wanted Jiyong to stay, she had to show him that she was happy.

Jiyong smiled back at her. But there was an uneasiness in it, as if he's nervous about something.

"Ji. It's still 2 p.m and if you can impress us with one more attempt, I'll let you go for your date earlier so that you can have more time to spend," said Taeyang as he and Daesung snickered, teasing him. Seunghyun just shook his head as a smile plastered on his lips, showing his dimples. He's always the quiet one, sitting comfortably behind his drum.

Jiyong heaved a sigh as he looked at Dara once again. This time he gave her a real smile which was enough to cause her cheeks blushing.

"Okay I'm ready guys!" Seungri excitedly held his guitar. That wide grin still attached on his face. He just couldn't contain his excitement.

Jiyong nodded as he strum his guitar. It's a pop song with a slow tempo. The melody of the intro was beautiful that it captivated Dara's attention. She never heard the song before and she couldn't wait to hear Jiyong's voice.

Jiyong glanced at Dara before he sang the first line of the lyric. His chest rose up as he the air into his lungs.

" I'm not the lucky one to have your heart. You're too good for me. Me who knows nothing but to hurt you. I'm not the lucky one to hold your hands. They are too precious for me. Me who knows nothing but to make you cry. I shouldn't have let you in. I'm sorry baby. I'm so sorry. If only I could turn back the time, I would make things right. I would put a smile on your face. Those brown orbs are beautiful. Please don't cry. I shouldn't have let you in. I'm sorry baby."

Dara felt a slight pain inside her chest as she fought the tears to escape from her eyes. She shouldn't cry for the song. Jiyong's voice was so beautiful but the lyric hurt her so much.

Jiyong's eyes landed on hers as a grim expression written all over his face. Their eyes met but Dara didn't avert her gaze this time. She wanted to see him as much as she could. She wanted to capture every moment with him today. Even for the most painful one. He kept staring at her brown eyes as he sang the next verse.

"Don't cry baby for I know I don't deserve those tears. Please hate me. I can bear the blame, but not that sadness on your face."

Jiyong closed his eyes and hit the high note for the chorus.

"She had broke my heart before you came. Trapping me in despair. I'm sorry but I love her. She had left me but I'm sorry baby, I still miss her."

The music stopped as Jiyong with his soft voice sang the last verse slowly, eyes fluttered open to meet her teary eyes.

"Don't cry baby for I know I don't deserve those tears. Please hate me. I can bear the blame, but not that sadness on your face. Mianhe."

For a moment they were staring at each other. Guilt was inflicted on Jiyong's eyes.

The music continued to play, creating such a harmony. But Dara couldn't listen to it since what's invading her mind right now was his voice and the sadness came within.

'Is this song for me Ji? But why? Or do I think too much? It's just an ordinary song right?'

Dara blinked , breaking the eye contact as she ducked her head. Jiyong put down his guitar, walking slowly to her side, wanting to comfort her but Seungri suddenly hugged him tightly and so did Taeyang.

"Ji it was awesome! I'm sure we're going to win the first place! I should thank Dara for this."

Seungri dashed towards Dara and held her hand tightly, saying how grateful he was for her presence. She nervously nodded and smiled at him.

"Omo! You even cried! The song is daebak right?" Seungri's eyes sparkling, not minding Dara's uneasiness for his hold. She didn't pulled her hand though for he could feel how happy Seungri was. Her smiled then turned into a soft chuckle.

'It's just an ordinary song Dara' she convinced herself again.

Meanwhile, Taeyang praised Jiyong for the song he's created. Telling he's a genious and he wished that someone from a famous recording company would come to the competition and listened to it. Jiyong just gave him a smile as he nodded.

Actually, the reason why Jiyong didn't tell Dara about the competition was because Dara was the person behind the song. He also didn't want her to come to their practice for the same reason. Now he hoped Dara wouldn't take it seriously. However, the tears on her eyes explained it all that she was once again ... hurt.

"Ji, now you can bring Dara with you," said Daesung as he placed his bass beside Jiyong's guitar.

"Yes that's right!" Seungri then pulled Dara from her seat, causing the latter to almost stumble, and then pushed her lightly to Jiyong. Dara, who was as clumsy as she was when she's around Jiyong, couldn't keep her balance as her face landed on Jiyong's chest, making the boy instinctively wrapped his arms around her. The time had stopped for her as she was being trapped in a blissful moment. For the second time she felt how warm his hug was. Unlike last night, Dara trully enjoyed the feeling now. She hesitantly lift her hands to hug him back, to press her body more to him, to make him feel how fast her heart beating inside her chest now. But she's not allowed, for Jiyong had pulled her slighlty from his hug. He cleared his throat as he looked down at Dara. The latter bit her lower lip as she frantically moved away and grabbed her bag. She looked so nervous and cute at the same time. Especially with those blushing cheeks.

"I .. I'll wait outside Ji. See you guys." Dara quickly bowed , stepping out of the room, leaving the boys in awe. Jiyong and his bandmates chuckled at the awkwardness of the shy girl.

"Dara is an innocent girl Ji. Take a good care of her. She's not Kiko. Well, just to remind you though." Taeyang patted Jiyong's shoulder as he took his bag, ready to leave.

'She's not. That's why I can't love her.'

With a deep sigh he opened the door and smiled at the girl before him.

"Ready for the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter