CHAPTER V

GOOD GIRL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"To love is never wrong. To think the person will love you back is might be wrong. To hope is never wrong. To hope for something you think impossible is a denial and it's probably wrong too."

 

Bom nudged Dara who was still nailing her stare at the ground.

"Are you going to tell me or not?" Bom crossed her arms and pursed her lips. She had been there for ten minutes but Dara still refused to talk about Jiyong.

"I'll just leave then. Bye."

"Wait!" Dara grabbed Bom's wrist and pulled her back to sit on the bench.

"Okay you'd better spil it now woman."

" He .. he actually rejected me when I confessed to him that day but I asked him to give me a chance and be my boyfriend until we graduate."

"What?" Bom couldn't believe her ears. She knew Dara quite well. Dara was not a typical girl who begs and pleads for something. She's a reserved girl and a bit introvert. Bom was amazed by her bravery when Dara told her that she would confess to her long time crush Kwon Jiyong the heart throb of their school who was famous with "Thank you but I don't need a girlfriend now".

Bom had a thought that Jiyong became Dara's boyfriend because he could see Dara's pure love to him. Unfortunately, she's wrong.

Bom heaved a sigh and shook her head as she smiled bitterly at the ground.

"Do you love him that much to let you hurt yourself? Is it worth it?"

Dara couldn't say anything.

"I don't know Bom," she said weakly.

Dara didn't know if what she was doing was worth it or not. She only knew that she loved him so much that she could careless about her own feeling. Maybe, or maybe because deep down inside her heart there was a little hope that Jiyong would love her back. Just a little.

" You're such a masochist. Well, just prepare yourself for the break up then."

Bom didn't know what else to say. She felt a bit useless for not able to convince her bestfriend.

"When the time comes, tell me where you are when I need your hug okay?" said Dara as she let out a soft laugh, making Bom shook her head and smiled.

"You're unbelieveable Dara."

***

Dara was working on her homework inside her room when a commotion heard from downstairs. She gripped her pencil tightly and closed her eyes, trying to calm down her raging mind.

'It's still 8 p.m and they have started killing each other,' she thought.

She then plugged her earphones and played some music. When the second song by "Bruno Mars" was playing, a beep sound interrupted it. She placed down her pencil and checked who's texting her.

She just stared at the phone screen with widened eyes. Jiyong's name was on it. She bit her lips to hold her smile until it turned into a wide grin. She hadn't read the message yet but her heart was beating like crazy as if it would jump out of its socket. It was the first time he texted her.

'Hi Dara. What r u doin?'

She jumped on her bed and bounced like a kid. Her parents bickering downstairs were forgotten. She plopped herself down on the bed and began to reply his text.

'Hi Jiyong. I'm working on my homework. Hbu?'

She got off the bed and sat on her desk as she placed the phone beside her alarm clock.

Like a dork she folded her arms on her desk and stared at the phone, patiently waiting for his reply.

One minute, two minutes, five minutes, twenty minutes, an hour, two hours, until she finished her homework and slipped herself under the blanket, Jiyong didn't reply her text

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter