CHAPTER XVI

GOOD GIRL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"When everything looks fine outside doesn't mean any damage won't be found inside. Because everyone has a secret and many of them are doing a great job in hiding those scars."

 

 

This morning, the weather was different from the previous night. The sunray shining brightly, illuminating the remnants of the rain drops on the leaves. Some people were seen on the street, walking hurriedly to bus stop or wherever their feet led them to. A woman jumped over a puddle, afraid that it might ruin her white plumps. It's a normal thing on Thursday morning, except for a boy and a girl who were lying down on a bed and a couch, inside a house, with two persons taking care of them. Yes, they were sick due to the monumental kissing they did in the pouring rain at midnight.

"As much as I hate that Kwon Jiyong, I like the way he ask for another chance from you," Bom scrunched her nose up as she placed a wet small towel on Dara's temple. "Waiting for you under the pouring rain, wet to bone, and finally kissing you. It's so...." Bom bit her lower lip and mumbled ," .. sweet."

Dara stiffled her smile as she was looking at her bestfriend bowing her head, pouting. Bom was pretty and smart. She also got a lot of friends but she's so feisty that some guys who had crushed on her decided to think twice or thrice to make a next move. Dara knew that Bom was just being herself, that's all. And sometimes when she had crushed on someone instead of showing it, she would act nonchalant.

"You'll have your own amazing kiss Bom," said Dara as she slowly closed her eyes, the effect of the medicine she had taken awhile ago was working.

"Yeah, like kissing while doing bungee jumping on Niagara Waterfall, it would be amazing," Bom puffed and Dara just let out a weak laugh.

"Is Jiyong okay?" she mumbled softly and finally succumbed to the dreamland.

"This girl, can't stop thinking about that jerk," said Bom, heaving a sigh as she let out a small smile.

"Seunghyun, is Dara okay upstairs?" Jiyong asked as the big boy pulled out the thermometer from his mouth.

"I don't know," he answered, shrugging his shoulders as he examined Jiyong's temperature. He looked like a real doctor and Jiyong couldn't help himself to roll his eyes.

Earlier this morning when Seunghyun just arrived in front of the school gate, he saw Bom with a worried look on her face walking out of the school hurriedly. Curious, he turned around and followed her until she reached the bus stop. The big boy knew that the girl was aware of his presence but decided not to care about it. Heaving a deep sigh, he approached the girl and when he was then standing before her, he just stared dully at her, making her raise a brow. But then she sighed and told him that Dara's sick and Jiyong was there with her.

"I'm so gonna butcher his head if he did something immoral to Dara!"

"Jiyong's not that of kind guy."

"Of course you'll defend him. He's your friend afterall," she scoffed but Seunghyun just stared at her. "Okay I'm sorry," said Bom, throwing her hands in the air and then bit her lower lip. She didn't know that his stare still had that effect on her.

"I'll go with you," Seunghyun adjusted the strap of his bag before fixing his gaze to the approaching bus.

"Wha .. what?"

"So that you won't butcher him," he shrugged before getting on the bus. The girl snorted in disbelief as she trailed behind him.

That's how they skipped school today and ended up inside Dara's house.

"You're a patient and it's not polite to roll your eyes when I looked away you know," Seunghyun reprimanded, making the latter raised one of his brows. "You didn't even realize that you too got fever," he snorted as Jiyong took his medicine and swallowed it up with a glass of water.

"I want to see my Dara now. I miss her already," Jiyong threw the blanket covering him to Seunghyun's face, not minding a slight shiver on his body.

Jiyong was standing in front of Dara's bedroom, looking at Bom pulling the comforter up to his girlfriend's chin. His heart skipped a bit seeing a glimpse of the girl's sleeping face before Bom's body blocked the beautiful view.

"Uhm, is she okay Bom?" asked Jiyong nervously, feeling the girl's glare at him. Bom crossed her arms over her chest. Curling up the side of , she nodded her head to the sleeping girl, giving the boy a sign that he's allowed to check her himself. "I won't wake her up. Promise," Jiyong smiled brightly but Bom just walked past him.

The boy sighed heavily, calming himself. He understood why the girl act like that. What would he expect from Dara's bestfriend after everything he had done to the girl? Smiling brightly at him? Definitely not.

Bending his body forward, to the soundly sleeping girl, Jiyong caressed her warm cheek , feeling her soft skin against his palm.

This morning he had been panic when he saw her beside the couch calling his name softly as he's laying down before she collapsed and fell on his embrace. He ran upstairs, taking the girl to her room, laying her down on bed and placing a wet towel on the girl's forehead. He then called Bom and--after getting yelled-- asked her to come. Like a panic husband he held Dara's palm, rubbing it to his cheek as he chanted 'I'm here. It's okay. It's okay.'

When Bom and Seunghyun had arrived he could breathe in relief. Now that she's sleeping so peaceful in front of him, he felt so much relief.

Lowering his head, he planted a soft kiss on her slightly parted lips.

"I love you Dara."

***

Dara's head was pounding a bit when she slowly opened her eyes. But a smile was painted lovingly on her face. Her fever was gone but the feeling of Jiyong's soft lips when he's kissing her was still there, making her feel the familiar tug inside her tummy. She remembered how she held her breath and pretended to sleep while he's caressing her cheek before his lips were around hers.

Glancing at the alarm clock she saw it was already 1 p.m and she's hungry. Bom's warm porridge for breakfast had gone its energy and now Dara's tummy was growling so she decided to get off the bed and walked downstairs . Craning her neck towards the living room, she hoped that Jiyong was still there. Her face fell when she noticed no one was there.

"He left an hour ago after Seunghyun had dragged him out," Bom appeared from the kitchen, holding a tray with a bowl of soup on it, walking towards the living room before placing it on the table. Dara could only heave a sigh but then her eyes lit up when Bom told her to eat the soup. She's so hungry.

"Bommie! Thank you!" Dara launched her body to the girl and they both fell down to the couch.

"Yah! Go away!" Bom shrieked as she pushed the petite girl away from her.

Dara felt so happy, she laughed so hard. She wondered if everything had finally fall together perfectly. Too happy that she's afraid that everything would end once she went to sleep tonight.

"Sorry!" Dara chuckled as she averted her gaze to the soup. "I'm so hungry. Shouldn't waste chef Bom's delicious cook," Dara sniffed the food and her lips before had a taste of it.

"Pabo," Bom mumbled to herself as a warm smile appeared on her face. Usually when she came around Dara would always be in this gloomy, sorrowful emotion that she could always just give her a hug and let her cry her eyes out. Now seeing her happy like that, she felt grateful for her.

Bom snapped out of her reverie when her phone vibrated inside her pocket.

"Hello Jaejoong-ssi! Yes, she's with me," Bom glanced at Dara's who's still having her soup in delight. "No. No we're not at school. Dara's sick so I ...," Bom rolled her eyes when the boy on the line started asking some questions like 'What? 'Is she hurt? Have you called an ambulance? Aish I can't go there! Is she safe?'. He sounded frustrated but Bom just let out a chuckle, earning a glance from Dara. "Just talk with her," Bom gave her cellphone to bewildered Dara. "Jaejoong is getting crazy," Bom laughed.

"Hello Jaejoong-ssi?"

"Yah! What have you done this time? Why don't you pick up the phone? Did you hurt yourself?" Dara scratched her head, smiling stupidly at the boy's over-reaction.

"Jaejoong-ssi, you sounds like a protective brother. But I love it," she chuckled, oblivious to the boy's sudden silence. "I got fever but I'm okay now. Bom is taking care of me though," she added, smiling at Bom.

Silence.

"Hello, Jaejoong-ssi, are you still there?" Dara furrowed her brows.

"Owh, sorry, I gotta go. See you on Sunday."

Dara pursed her lips and Bom just crossed her arms over her chest, staring at the girl. 'I hope they boy will be doing fine now,' she curled and snatched the phone from Dara's hold. "Your BROTHER Kim Jaejoong cares so much about you," Bom stressed the word brother but Dara just threw her a confused look. She didn't remember that calling Jaejoong a caring brother was a mistake. Bom as usual could only sigh heavily.

***

Friday morning and Dara had to check herself on the mirror nth times before she decided that she looked fine to face Jiyong at school. Tying her hair in a pony tail, she put a butterfly hair pin on her long fringe, exposing her flawless face. She didn't have any make up stuff on her room. First, she wasn't sure about how to apply them properly on her face. Second, she felt fine without wearing those beautify things . Third, putting some make up on her face would just attract some attention from the school society that she didn't want to have. Either admiration or mockery, she didn't really feel comfortable with it.

Dara missed Jiyong so much and each time his face crossed her mind she couldn't hide a smile to appear or restrain her quick pumping heart beat, streaming the blood to her both cheeks. And since his phone was being broken -thanks to the rain that night again- they couldn't call or text each other.

"You look so happy today," Jieun noticed her daughter's smile and the blush on her cheeks as they're having breakfast.

"Oh .. it must be ... the food Mom," Dara laughed nervously, bowing her head to hide her embarrasement. Jieun smiled at the shy girl. She noticed the difference in Dara's behaviour this morning. The smile on her face was really not for the food she had cooked but because of something else. Her daughter was falling in love. A slight pain, somehow, suddenly pricked her heart as she immediately pressed her lips into a thin line, frowning.

"Mom are you okay?" Dara put down her chopstick, staring at her Mom.

"Oh, I'm fine," she answered, showing a quick smile that couldn't reach her eyes. Dara felt a bit uneasy but she believed that everything was totally fine. That her Mom just needed time to adjust herself with this new situation. Just like what Bom had had told her.

But even when Dara had left for school, she could still see the anxiety on her Mom's eyes. And right after Dara closed the door, Jieun locked herself up inside her room. Raking her hair as she plopped herself on the bed with her cellphone pressed on her ear.

"Hello Yoon-ssi, do you have time this morning? Ok thank you," Jieun heaved a deep sigh, shutting her eyes tightly as she massaged her temple.

"Jieun stop it," she mumbled desperately to herself. Dealing with herself and the hatred that came along with her was so hard to do. She thought she could just forget about the past and live the present well. But it seemed like her past would always haunt her and brought back the awful memories to live. Knowing her daughter was in love with someone should have made her happy but Jieun was surprised when she felt envious instead. She couldn't believe herself that just now she had a thought to just wipe that smile from her daughter's face. A monster inside her was still alive.

***

'Oh my God. What should I do? Okay I'll start with a 'good morning',' Dara inhaled deeply to calm down herself before she appro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter