CHAPTER XVIII

GOOD GIRL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You can always avoid to get hurt. But the thing is you can't get away from the person. You feel cursed when it hurts. But feel blessed when it's wonderful. Stop blaming the love. It's always been you."

 

 

Graduation day. Laughter and squealings filled the entire school hall right after the formal ceremony ended. Standing ovation from the proud teachers and parents sent the graduates to their freedom. Unfortunately no throwing - eggs and flour- event this year.

A boy was running, searching for someone among the crowd . He had been avoiding his fangirls although some had made it to take a picture with him. Even students from the first and second year were coming only for him. He could only smile and bow. His bandmates also got the same treatment except for Seunghyun. Those students were not brave enough to get closer to him so they just sneakily snapped his pictures when he's not looking. Jiyong shuddered when he saw the big boy already had sasaeng fans.

Jiyong's face lit up when he spotted the petite girl laughing with her bestfriend.

"Hey Jiyong! Come over here let's take some pictures!" Bom waved happily at the boy. Dara immediately turned her head to see him, smiling. Jiyong could see her blushing cheeks and he's flattered each time he saw it. "Nana could you?" Bom patted the blonde girl's back when she's busy talking with Uee.

"Oh sure!" she gladly took the camera from Bom's hand. "YG trainee and his girlfriend eh?" Nana winked at Jiyong, making the latter smiled shyly.

Awkwardly, Dara stood in the middle and Jiyong placed his right arm around her shoulders, showing a V sign with his left hand while Bom sneaked her left arm and also displaying a V sign. They 're smiling brightly to the camera.

"Thank you Nana! Nice shot," Bom looked at the picture and zoomed it out. The blonde girl then excused herself, jogging her way to Uee. When Bom lifted her head, Jiyong and Dara were no longer there. "Aish, where are they going?"

"Jiyong where are we going?" Dara looked up at the boy as they walked hurriedly out the school hall. He didn't answer as he fastened his pace. His hand firmly held her hand. Jiyong's hold was bringing back the first memory she had with the boy. The excited look on his face, the spark in his eyes and the sweet smile he gave to her. He's that boy who had given her a taste of love.

Dara furrowed her brows when they stood in front of teachers office. "Uhmm what are we going to do here?"

"Something you'll remember forever," Jiyong looked down at the girl with a smile on his face. He then turned the knob and opened the door. There was no one inside.

Dara noticed how nervous Jiyong was when they approached a set of audio control used by teachers to announce something or call teachers and students to the office. He pushed a button and a green light with "ON" sign . He leaned forward, moving his mouth closer to the microphone as he cleared his throat. The girl gasped, clamped when she realized that Jiyong was actually going to speak on the microphone and everyone throughout the school would hear him.

"Test. Oh it works," he laughed nervously and it made people inside the school hall -- including their teachers and some parents that still fill the place -- turn their head to the speakers around them. Seungri and Daesung widened their eyes when they recognized the voice. Seunghyun face palmed and Taeyang snickered. "Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Kwon Jiyong. I'm sorry for doing such a thing but I have something important to say to all of you. It's about a girl I love so much. Sandara Park."

Murmurs, disgusting scoffs, giggling, frowns, jaw dropped, surprised look, smiles, small smile, wide smile, amused smile, everyone had their own reactions but the boy didn't care at all when he stared deeply into his girl's eyes.

"I met her three years ago. It's winter and she was sitting alone on a bench. She looked so lonely that I refused my new friend's offer to roam the school and approached her instead," Jiyong smiled to himself as he lowered his head. " She didn't talk a lot and she still does. But I love it now. Because the way she loves me is not by saying "I Love You" over and over but by reminding me of the bad weather, cheering me up for my first performance with my band, thinking about my happiness and everything," he paused and bit his lower lip. "And by giving me a chance. I hurt her but she forgives me. I ... ," Jiyong lifted his hand and wiped Dara's wet cheeks. Tears had been cascading down and Jiyong didn't want to see those tears anymore. "I'm sorry for hurting you. For making you cry," Jiyong caressed her cheek and smiled warmly at the girl. With a gentle voice he said," Sandara Park, for worst and for better please stay with me forever. I love you."

Jiyong leaned forward and caught Dara's lips. His finger turned off the button without breaking the kiss. He lifted the girl and sat her on a desk. With the remaining tears on her eyes, Dara closed her eyelids, both arms clinging the boy's neck, holding to him as he too encircled his arms around her tiny body. They were lost in the blissful and passionate kiss that surely was also memorable.

"I bet they're kissing right now," Taeyang chuckled and shook his head. He then looked at his bandmates and they all nodded. "Hey , where's Seunghyun?" he asked, scanning the area but the big boy wasn't there.

***

Bom craned her neck, searching for someone's face. Her face fell when she couldn't find him.

"Sweetheart, are you looking for Dara? I'm sure she's still with the boy," Bom's Mom looked up dreamily. "I wish your Dad could be that romantic," she sighed but the man together with Bom just rolled their eyes. Like father like daughter. Let the quote swerve a bit for them.

"Let's invite Dara and her Mom for dinner," Mrs. Park clasped her both hands excitedly. "I've never talked to her. It's a good idea right?"

Bom pursed her lips and looked at her Dad. He just shrugged.

"Well, I'll call Dara then. Let's go home. I'm hungry," Bom grinned and hooked her arms to her parents' and dragged them with her.

"Aish, this kid. Why are you hungry all the time?" Mrs. Park pinched her daughter's cheek, making the latter pout.

When they arrived at the parking lot, Bom's brows furrowed as she spotted something stuck on the windshield. It's a small PongPong key chain and a card. Her parents were surprised when they saw Bom puffed in annoyance and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Bommie-ah, it's your favorite pong pong. Why are you acting like that?" Mr. Park asked as he took the card and the key chain. He chuckled when he read something on the paper. "My Bommu? Is that your nickname at school? You're lucky to have a secret admirer here. Where is he?" the man scanned the area through his thick glasses.

"Aish, Dad stop it!" Bom snatched the key chain before stomping her way into the backseat.

Both Mr. Park and Mrs. Park just laughed at their daughter. She was mad but they didn't miss her blushing cheeks. She's in love. What they didn't know was that their daughter had been trying to find out who the boy was. His secret admirer. Bom had never told Dara about it because she thought Dara had already enough problem and she didn't want to add unnecessary thought to her.

Bom had wished that he would show up today but no he didn't. And now he gave that pong pong again, it annoyed her that she really wanted to throw that cute thing away. Everybody knew she wouldn't do it. She got many pong pong items from that mysterious guy.

'I wish it's you. But I think I'm wrong. You don't even say anything,' Bom heaved a deep sigh as she threw her gaze outside the window.

The car had left the parking lot. And a boy that had been standing not far from there just stared at it. Taking a deep sigh, he lowered his head. His shoulders fell as he leaned on a tree behind him.

"I'm gonna miss you Bommu-ah," he mumbled as he looked up at the blue sky.

***

"Mom are you okay?" asked Dara as she entered the dining room where her Mom was standing with an empty glass in her hand. She had been quiet since they left the school and now she was even staring at nothingness again, making Dara worried about her Mom's sudden change. They were fine this morning and she even smiled a lot to Dara.

Snapped out of her trail of thoughts, Jieun turned her head and forced a smile. "I'm just tired."

"Oh.. okay Mom," Dara too forced a smile. She could feel something was wrong here and she wondered if she had made a mistake. If it had something to do with what Jiyong said throughout the school. If she didn't approve Jiyong and her in a relationship. But she knew that she should give her Mom time for herself before she decided to ask her what's going on.

Dara texted Bom. She felt sorry for cancelling the dinner. Bom's parents were so nice to her but she couldn't tell them the real reason. So she said that her Mom was getting a massive headache due to fatigue.

Laying down on her bed, Dara held her grandma's photograph and brought it to her chest.

'Grandma, I have been through three years in high school. I'm sorry grandma. I'm not the smartest student but I'm survive though. You won't be mad right? I wish Dad is here too. Mom is doing okay... she's just tired. We're okay. Grandma, do you think I can reach my dream? Just like Jiyong I want to be a singer and sing for Dad. Well, for you too. You'll hear it in heaven right? Aah I miss you so much grandma. I really want to tell you about Jiyong and my new bestfriend Jaejoong. About how happy I am right now. Well, I still need to find Dad and ask Mom if she wants to see him too. Will they work things out and make up? I miss Dad so much.'

Staring at the ceilin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter