CHAPTER XX

GOOD GIRL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I don't know what hurts you. But I can feel it too. And it just hurts so much. To know that I can't do a thing. And deep down in my heart. Somehow I just know. That no matter what. I'll always love you."

"So why am I still here in the rain?"

 

Dara POV

What should I do now? Everything seems meaningless. I'm tired. Can't I just sleep for the rest of my life? It means dead right?. Well, no. I won't do the same mistake anymore. A weakling hopes for it. I still have other things to do. Better than thinking and wasting my time like this.

'Next month I'll have an audition in YG.'

"Aish," I rub my temple. Should I join the company? Jiyong is there. And ...

Screw Kwon Jiyong. I won't cancel the audition just because of him. Moreover, I still want to know why he broke up with me. I don't get why he's so mad and hates my Mom. Practise practise practise. Yes, that's what I need to do now. If I don't win the audition I won't have any chance to pester Jiyong and force him to tell me about everything happened that night.

I realized that YG isn't an easy company so I must do my best for this audition. I'll practise my guitar skill later. Or should I buy my own guitar? Don't have enough money. Maybe I'll just wait until next week and borrow Jaejoong's guitar. I can start with singing practise and dancing. I hope my robotic movements can be improved.

I remember Bom and call her if she wants to practise together. She said she's going to join YG too, fortunately. It means I'm not alone in this journey. Tomorrow is a brand new day and I won't let anything to bring me down anymore. This new Dara won't ever give up.

Autor POV

In the next morning Dara hurriedly ran downstairs to see Bom at her place. When she opened the front door, her Mom was standing outside. They were both startled but Dara immediately hug her.

"Mom where have you been? I'm so worried," she muttered. Squeezing her Mom's body.

Her Mom pulled back, avoiding Dara's gaze before heaving a deep sigh to calm her quickly beating heart.

"I'm sorry Dara. And about Jiyong --"

"It's okay Mom. I don't want to talk about him anymore. We ... We broke up," she smiled bitterly. "Oh, I gotta go now. I need to do something with Bom," she hugged her once again, letting the warmth of her Mom touch her body and heart as a smile appeared on her face before she left.

Jieun couldn't say anything as she furrowed her brows and entered the house.

"I hope everything will be just fine for us Dara," she whispered. "I'm so sorry."

***

"Okay, first let's see what song you're going to sing for the audition. Actually YG is a kind of hip hop music style company -- but I don't know why they took Jiyong's band though. So maybe you can try to do some rap." Bom suggested and Dara just stared at her. "My bad. I'm not a good advisor you know," she pouted.

The girl chuckled and walked towards Bom's mirror and saw her reflection in it.

"Actually Jaejoong has taught me few songs. And I have chosen a song I'm going to sing for the day," Dara smiled and turned around, facing the curious Bom. "Happy Ending by Juniel."

"Wait. So Kim Jaejoong had known about your plan?" Bom gaped in disbelief. Dara bit her lower lip and smiled sheepishly. She felt like she was a traitor. "That's it. I won't practise with you. Just go to him," Bom crossed her arms over her chest and turned her back on Dara.

"Bommie-ah~ Mianhae~" she sang and hugged her bestfriend. " You know I love you right? Jaejoong is just a pass time. My love for you is eternal," she kissed Bom's cheek and the latter struggled to get the girl out of her.

"Yah! Are you lesbo?"

Dara laughed, holding her tummy as she enjoyed Bom's annoyed face before her. "I'm turning lesbo only for you Bommie-ah," she spreaded her arms and approached the scared Bom.

"Dara you're creepy!" Bom ran away and threw some pillows to Dara. "Oh my God stop it!"

"Okay okay, so you've forgive me now?" Dara smiled widely.

"Yeah, and now just sing the song so I can see how GOOD he has trained you," Bom plopped herself on the bed and smirked.

Dara chuckled as she stood up in the middle of the room, facing Bom.

"Dara Dara Sandara Park will show you all her very first performance today! Yay!" she threw her fist to the air but Bom just stared at her dully. "Okay, it's not cute. I'm sorry. I'll just start now."

Dara inhaled deeply. It's just Bom but she felt so nervous. She wondered if she could do it in front of people whom she never met before. Counting one two three she started to sing.

You softly come talk to me

Is this a melting sweet dream?

What if I wake up? Shush I’m shy, but even if I try to hide my feelings I see you with an awkward smile, you will find my feelings

You and my happy ending,

Watch it together

If I open my eyes in the morning sunshine,

Kiss me kiss me chu

Our very own Happy ending

lalla lalallala I dream of Happy ending

Fresh sunshine and fragrant breeze

I want to walk along this street with you, certainly with holding hands

The clouds floating in the faint pink sky

Softly my feelings float up too, I like you

Your and my Happy ending, watch it together

If I open my eyes in the morning sunshine,

Kiss me kiss me chu

Our very own Happy ending lalla lalallala I dream of Happy Ending

Maybe we have the same feeling

I am full of throbbing, is this feeling love?

Your and my Happy ending, everyday I pray

Sweet like a candy, Hold me hold me chu

Promise me Happy ending,

After I fall asleep

Come over in my dream, Happy ending lalalla I dream of

Happy ending

"How about that?" asked Dara excitedly.

"Whoa your voice is soft and I think the song fits you. But ..." Bom pursed her lips and furrowed her brows. "The song is about a girl who's falling in love but your expression doesn't show it at all. And .... you looked so damn nervous Dara. It made your voice a bit pitchy."

Dara slumped her shoulder. "Was it that bad?"

She liked that song because it had represented her feeling when she was the stalker of Jiyong. Her undying love. What an ironic news that actually the song didn't fit anywhere in her life at the moment. But she had chosen it months ago and Jaejoong even praised her -- which was very rare -- saying how cute she was playing the guitar and singing with a smile on her face. Of course she did good since she's in love with Jiyong and finally they were officially dating. But now, they were no longer in a relationship and she's a bit frustrated for the absurd problems Jiyong had with her Mom, which she soon had to find out.

"You just need time. Don't force yourself," Bom stood up and walked towards her DVD set.

"Let's just practise your dance."

"Nah, I don't feel like doing it. I'll just watch you," the girl sat down on Bom's desk and waited for the girl started her dance.

The music filled the room as Bom bobbing her head. "Come on Dara!"

"No thanks!" she laughed.

You know what to do with that big fat

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle

Just a little bit

Had that cake, had that cake

With no hands

Got me in this club making wedding plans

If I take picture while you do your dance I can make you famous on Instagram

Hot damn it

Your booty lights two planets

Go head, and go ham sandwich

Woah I can’t stand it

Cause You know what to do with that big fat

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle

Just a little bit

Dara bursted in laughter when she saw Bom wiggling her butts. She definitely didn't take the dance seriously since what's she's doing just some kind of silly movements. She even did moon walk and shuffling. Looking at how happy Dara was laughing at her silly moves, Bom pulled her and the latter joined the free style dance. They did some popping and other break dance moves they knew from watching Step Up movies.

Cause You know what to do with that big fat

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle

Just a little bit

They wiggled their butts and sang the last line of Snoop Dog in unison. "Damn baby, you got a bright future behind you!" Dara slapped Bom's and laughed.

"This is the best dance ever," Dara squealed as they tossed their back to the bed, laying down with sweat on their foreheads. Both were smiling and staring at the ceiling.

"I think so," agreed Bom as they panted. "Aah, I hope we can pass the audition."

"I believe we can do it Bom. Just don't tell me to dance," they both bursted in laughter again.

***

A week had passed and Dara was standing in front of her house, waiting for someone. The windy afternoon accompanied her. She rubbed the bracellet encircled on her wrist. She never took it off. The item reminded her to Jiyong and it's doing no good for her if she wanted to wipe the boy's face from her head. But the item was also giving her hope to reach for his heart. To remind her also for other reason why she had to win the audition in YG.

Dara looked up and the sadness on her face was gone when she spotted Jaejoong's motorbike approaching her.

"Hi," Jae lifted his hand without taking off his helmet.

"Hi," Dara smiled hesitantly. She felt a bit awkward. Maybe because she had a feeling that Jiyong and Jaejoong was in argument when she got drunk.

"Come on," the boy nodded his head towards the the bike, signaling the girl to hop on.

"Oh, okay," Dara abruptly took off the guitar from Jaejoong's shoulder before getting on the bike. Jaejoong sighed and gave an extra helmet to the girl. She took it without saying anything. "Uhm, Jaejoong-ssi may I hold your waist?" Dara asked.

Jaejoong couldn't restrain a smile to appear behind his helmet.

"Pabo," he muttered, grabbing Dara's hands and pulled her body to his back before resting her both palms on his tummy. His face blushed when he held her hands in a brief second. A week without seeing her felt like centuries. He missed her so much. Every night he'd play his guitar and sing a love song while imagining her smile. He didn't know if he could survive his trainee days without seeing her face anytime he wanted.

He rode the bike in a medium speed. No one dared to say anything. The boy knew where they were heading too but the girl had no idea. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter