CHAPTER VI

GOOD GIRL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"But then, to love is what keeps you holding on to the person. Because when you are together, it feels right when it's wrong."

 

The next day Dara didn't attend school and she asked Bom to tell Jiyong she's okay if the boy looked for her.

"You are pathetic Dara. You are too much. You should have broke up with him last night. Not torturing yourself like this."

Bom held Dara's hands while she sat up on bed. They were inside Bom's room. Last night she was a total mess. She sobbed and it shamelessly woke Bom's parents up from their peaceful sleep. Fortunately, they were so nice to her that sometimes Dara was envious on Bom.

"Bom I don't want to talk about it now. I'll see Jiyong tomorrow and maybe ... maybe I'll break up with him." Bom knew Dara wasn't sure about what she said so she just looked at her apologetically.

"Whatever makes you happy woman," said Bom as she hugged Dara tightly.

"Girls, breakfast's ready. Come on downstairs." Mrs. Park peeked her head into Bom's room and smiled. Both Dara and Bom jumped out of the bed and joined Mr. and Mrs. Park.

Having breakfast together was one of many things Dara didn't have with her parents. Bom's parents had been like her Mom and Dad since she became Bom's bestfriend. They had known how miserable her life was. Each time they showed her their affection, she couldn't help but wishing her Mom and Dad would do the same to her. Like hugging or kissing her or just simply caressing her hair.

***

"Excuse me do you know where Dara is?" Jiyong came to Dara's class and looked for her. He couldn't sleep last night as guilt had been eating up his brain.

"She's not coming today. You can go ask Bom." The girl pointed her thumb at a figure with doll face near Dara's desk.

He then looked at the girl who's gathering her things, ready to leave.

"Thank you."

"Wait. I'm Chaerin. Lee Chaerin. In case you want to know my name though." The girl let out an awkward laugh as Jiyong frown.

"Okay." He just shrugged and walked pass her.

Minzy let out a soft chuckle as she looked at her bestfriend's embarrassing flirt.

"What? At least I've done my best okay. Dara is so damn lucky to have him." Chaerin looked at Jiyong who was now talking seriously to Bom.

"Hey Minzy. What are they talking about? Jiyong looked... frustrated. Oh my God!" Chaerin gasped when an idea popped inside her head. Minzy looked at her curiously.

"Maybe Jiyong and Dara has a problem and he is going to apologize but Dara isn't coming and Bom now looked pissed. I can smell a broke up Minzy-ah. I won't let go of this chance." Chaerin drapped her arm around Minzy's shoulder and looked at her with eyes full of determination. Minzy just rolled her eyes.

"Stop being a delusional lady. Come on I'm hungry." Minzy dragged her out.

"But Minzy I gotta know what they're talking about!" Chaerin tried to wriggle her wrist but to no avail since Minzy was stronger than her despite her skinny body.

"I don't want to meddle with you guys business but she's my best friend and I know she doesn't deserve any of these treatments. I understand you want to clear things up with her but please do it face to face."

Bom was about to leave when Jiyong stopped her.

"Where is she now? Is she okay? May I have her address?"

"She's your girlfriend. Go ask her yourself. Use your phone." Bom scoffed and left the room.

"If she picked up her phone or replied my texts then I would have known." Jiyong heaved a sigh and smiled bitterly.

'Seriously Jiyong. It's not your fault that she fell for you. She begged and you took a pity on her. That's it. No need to act like you've done something wrong.' His mind once again reminded him.

As Jiyong walked out of the class, his phone vibrated and Youngbae's name appeared on the screen.

"What is it Bae?"

"Jiyong where are you? Come over here I got something to show you."

Jiyong walked gingerly to his class and Youngbae excitedly strode his steps towards him with a leaflet on his hand.

"There's a festival next week and some competitions will be held. Singing competition was one of them. We must join this event Ji. I've told Dae, Seungri and Seunghyun and they are so excited." Youngbae's sparkling eyes were full of hope and Jiyong couldn't say no to it. Moreover, he needed a distraction so that his mind could take a break from all the things happened these past few days.

"Sure. Let's grab the first place!" Jiyong exclaimed as he bumped his fist to Youngbae's.

***

Dara tossed her body to left and right. She couldn't sleep at all. That afternoon she went back home from Bom's place and literally spent her day doing nothing but laying down in her bed.

Bom had called her and said that Jiyong looked for her. Dara felt a bit happy. She couldn't lie to herself. She missed him. Jiyong had always been the reason why she went to school. Each time Sundays coming she would go to Bom's house and spent her time there. Because when she was alone at home, she would think about her miserable life. Jiyong was her distraction. Sweet distraction. When she looked at him at school, she felt this warm feeling inside her heart and it reminded her to their first encounter. And when Jiyong filled her mind, she would forget about her Mom and Dad.

Dara sat up and looked at her alarm clock on the night stand.

'7 p.m'

Her tummy growled and she decided to go out and grab some take out from nearby diner. She wore her hoodie and sweat pants then heading out.

Dara was walking gingerly on the sidewalk when someone called her name.

"I knew it must be you."

She turned her head and saw Seungri jog his way towards her.

"Hi Seungri. How are you?" Dara bowed and smiled at him.

"I'm doing good. What are you doing here?"

"Uhm.. I'm about to have dinner."

Seungri looked at her from head to toe. Messy bun, grey hoodie, sweat pants, pair of fluffy slippers.

"I see." He said, chuckling.

"I mean I want to buy some food for dinner." Dara bowed her head as embarrasment was now all over her.

"I'm sorry I'm just teasing you. Come on I'll take you somewhere. I'm about to have dinner too. In a school uniform. Do you want to be my date?" Seungri asked as he winked at her. She blushed and Seungri just shook his head, seeing how cute Dara was when she was shy.

"No wonder Jiyong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter