CHAPTER XXIV

GOOD GIRL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara POV

My make up looks good. My dress looks good. My cap ... Uhm.. Should I wear it?

"No," Bom answers my hidden question while applying red lipstick on her pursed lips.

"Why? It's my lucky charm now," I pout.

"Because now it can be your bad luck charm. Why do you still keep everything he gave to you? Jacket, bracellet, cap," Bom frowns at me before throwing her hands in the air, giving me a -oh my God Dara puhleeezz- look.

"Why should I throw them away? Those things are nice though. I can wear them too. See?" I put the cap on and grin like an idiot. "The jacket doesn't fit me but it's okay. I still can smell his scent when I ..." I pause when I see Bom's dark glare. Ready to kill me if I dare to say more words about Jiyong.

"I hate your Jiyong. Because he has broken his promise not only to you but also to me. And you know what's hillarious about this? You still love him when he clearly doesn't trust you. Now excuse me because I need to calm myself before getting on the stage or I might kill one of the girls here," she slams the lipstick down and gets out of the room.

"Geez , what happened with her?" asks Sohee when Bom shoves her from her way.

I just let out a weak smile and slump my body on the chair.

Honestly, I don't know either. About this love I have for Jiyong. I believe he still loves me. I can feel it although the look of mistrust was seen inside his eyes. And about Kiko...

I clutch the smooth fabric of my dress covering my aching heart. Why? I keep asking why he keeps coming back to her. I don't know what's right or wrong anymore.

I'm startled when one of the staff calls my name.

"... and Sandara Park make sure you appear after the MC call your name. Smile a lot and don't be nervous okay. Ladies the show will be in twenty minutes so prepare yourselves."

I nod vigorously and I can hear Chaerin scoffs behind me.

"Chaerin why haven't you changed your outfit?" I turn my head to see Minzy who's doing some streching moves while talking to Chaerin.

"I got a message from an unknown number, asking me to go to the backstage saying Kiko wants to say something. But I didn't find anyone so yeah I'd better change now."

Walking pass me, she glares at me as I lower my head. Avoiding the eye contact that I don't need for the show.

"Relax," says Minzy, smiling at me.

"Thank you," I reply and smile awkwardly.

I've never known what Minzy is in my story of life. She's my enemy's bestfriend - well relationship I have with Chaerin is closer to enemy. But Minzy never shows me disgusted look or bumps her shoulder into mine. When it has nothing to do with her peaceful life then she doesn't care. She's so cool.

"God why do I have to be the first performer?" I hear Bom coming in and she looks frustrated.

"Relax," I chuckle lightly.

"Ha-Ha very funny," she replies, looks at me dully.

"Chaerin-ah! Oh my God you look stunning!"

Both Bom and I look at each other as we hear the voice.

'Act Normal' Bom mouthed and I bit my lip, nod before I turn around and sit before the mirror.

I pretend to touch-up my make up as I listen to their conversation. Some girls look at me as if they were waiting for me to attack her. Kiko. They still think I am the psycho who ruined her locker.

"We're sitting at the front seat. I'll cheer you up. Fighting!"

"Jiyong is also here? Aigoo someone will cry a river if she gets kicked out of the show in front of him," she laughs, literally mocking me.

"Chaerin, please don't say such a thing," Kiko says.

"Why? This company has just made a big mistake by accepting a psycho with no talent. And I hope the judges will fix it."

"Whoaaa, smokey girl you got some nerve." Bom stands up, crossing her arms accrosed her chest."Why don't you try to get on that stage without applying those heavy make up and thick eyeliner? Will those judges recognize you? Maybe they'll think 'Aigooo who has allowed this peasant to come in?" she laughs. Even Minzy smirks.

"Stand up for her again huh? Don't have other things to do besides baby-sitting that psycho? Or maybe you are her psycho buddy? Oh man this is hillarious!"

"You !"

Commotion starts when Bom pulls Chaerin's hair.

Too loud. Too annoying. Too many voices. It's too much. And I hate those screamings. It's not me. I didn't do it. I'm not a psycho. I've never done it!

Slowly I stand up and clench my fists, bitting my lower lip so hard. But I can't take it anymore.

"Shut up!!"

Everyone goes silent. Including some staff who were trying to separate them. The mirror in front of me is broken and scattered as the compact powder on my hand is now lying down on the floor, after hitting the mirror. My chest is up and down as I try to control my raging breath and my shaky hands.

"I.. I say.." I slowly turn my head.

I see them staring at me, those girls, whispering something to their friends' ears with accusing look in their eyes. Maybe it's just my imagination but I can see how I just proved them that I've become the psycho. I can feel a single stupid tear falling down on my cheek.

"Dara.." Bom looks at me apologetically.

Grabbing my guitar, I run hastily out of the room.

"Dara wait!"

***

Author POV

"No you can't go out unless you want me to kick you and that girl out of the show," the staff blocked Bom's way when she tried to chase Dara.

"But she's .. Jaejoong!" Bom ran after the boy when she caught his figure wandering near the hallway.

"Bom?" he beamed as he approached her with the staff.

"Jaejoong-ssi please look for Dara. Make sure that she's fine. She must show up okay!"

"What happened to her? What's wrong?" the boy was worried. By the look on his handsome face.

"Go back it's your turn. They've called you," the staff annoyingly dragged Bom.

"Aish wait! Jaejoong-ssi please convince her to come back!" Bom yelled as she's being dragged in the hallway.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter