CHAPTER XXIX

GOOD GIRL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara POV

 

It’s been like what? Three years? Four years? I’m impressed at how long that I actually live in other part of the world.

Have I changed? I keep asking myself if I have changed.

“May I have your ticket now?” I’m startled when a young man who has been standing in front of the entrance harshly grabs my ticket that I clutched tightly on my hand.

“Ya! Where’s your manner? How could they hire such a shameless man like you?”

I push him. Hard.

“How dare you!”

“What? Do you want to hit me? Oh my God I can’t believe it.”

People, most of them are teenagers, cheering and clapping their hands.

I just roll my eyes and enter the big venue. First place that I visit after my arrival two days ago. And it’s the place for my best friend’s first solo concert.

“Kyaaa Park Bom!”

I flinch as I walking through the crowd. I have to reach the front place of the stage. I had bought the standing ticket. And Jaejoong when he knew it, widening his eyes.

 

“No way will you go there alone. Those people will stomp you to dead. I’ll go with you. I’ll pick you up when I finish my last scene tomorrow.”

 

He’s being a dramatic person last night. But I don’t want to be late for Bom’s first solo concert.

Bom and I haven’t contacted each other since a year ago. I had been in a mess and I heard that she almost gave up on her dream to be a singer because I wasn’t in YG anymore.

 

“Bom, it will just make me feel worse than before. If you promise me that you will debut and very popular, I promise you I will come back to Seoul and watch your concert.”

 

And here I am. Because of a promise I made to her.

. Who is this giant woman standing before me?

“Excuse me.”

I try to squeeze my body and walk through her and her equally big friend.

Maybe they are deaf because of the music from the huge screen – on which Bom’s face appears – that’s why they don’t let me go to the front.

It’s not a good idea.

I look at my surrounding and it’s too late because everyone has entered the place and I’m successfully trapped among the crowd.

I think I’m going to collapse anytime soon. This nervousness is suddenly coming to attack me. When was the last time I felt it?

 

[FLASHBACK]

“I’m so sorry Dara. I have tried to contact you but it looks like your phone wasn’t active. You shouldn’t have come here dear.”

Dara frowned at the woman before her. Her mother’s lawyer gave her this woman’s address in USA, telling her that maybe she knew where her Dad was.

“Okay. But I don’t know why you are sorry about that,” she replied, biting her lower lip when suddenly she felt something wasn’t right with the way the woman stared at her.

“How’s your Mom?” she asked. And it didn’t do any good for Dara.

“She’s alive. At least,” she shrugged, holding the tears to stay inside her both eyes.

Last time she met her Mom Dara couldn’t recognize her.

She’s so thin, her hair was a mess. Stain of tears on her hollow cheeks. She’s staring at the nothingness while mumbling ‘ I’m sorry Dara,’ over and over. It’s so frustrating.

There was a silent for a moment. Dara hadn’t even touched a cup of tea that had been served by the woman’s maid.

“How’s your trip?” she smiled, actually forcing a smile that made it look super fake but familiar somehow.

“It’s good.”

“Oh. I see.”

“I’m sorry. But I’m not coming far away from Seoul just to sit with you and talking non – sense.”

The woman sighed, smiled and stared gently at her. She didn’t even show any offended sign on her face. It’s still that sorry look on her face.

“Come with me.”

Dara followed the woman walking into a room. Some furniture was clothed in white. The room was dusty and the air was stuffy. She wondered what room was it before it’s abandoned.

The woman walked towards the large window and opened them wide, letting the afternoon sunlight and the wind from the backyard came in. Despite the dust floating, shimmering around them Dara could feel the stuffiness of the air began to ease. But not her heart.

“I don’t know how to say this,” the woman paused, turning her body to face Dara. She was still rooting on her spot, beside a dusty wooden table that was left uncovered.  “This place. This room,” she scanned the place, as if bringing back a memory. “… is the room where your Dad ended his life.”

 

[END OF FLASHBACK]

Dara POV

I can’t breathe.

“Ex.. excuse me.”

I helplessly grab someone’s arm but she slaps my hand.

“Aish. I’ve told you to at least wait for me.”

It sounds like an angel’s voice and I can’t help but smiling.

He’s here. Who else?

“You pabo E.T,” he laughs, sneaking his arms around my waist, shielding me from these mad fangilrs and fanboys. Their hormone is unbelievable. Jumping, screaming, and shoving my body. I don’t know if they really realize what they have done to me.

I look up at him.

Why doesn’t he take off his masker and cap?

Oh, I got it. He’s in undercover. Damn you Kim Jaejoong.

I laugh heartily as I hug him so tight. Not giving a damn about people around us. They don’t care anyway.

“Turn around, Bom is showing up in less than three minutes,” he whispers on my ear, grabs my shoulder and spins my body.

“You don’t tell her that I’m in Seoul right? I want to get closer though, “I sigh.

I can imagine his sighing.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter