CHAPTER XXI

GOOD GIRL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on across the universe."

 

 

Staring up at the YG building before them, a girl with a short brown hair and her bestfriend with a red long silky hair, inhaled deeply, holding hands with a spark of hope inside their chest. The sky was cloudy and a bit windy but it didn't matter for them.

It's the time.

"Dara relax," Bom said as she squeezed Dara's hand on their way to the fifth floor. Some girls who also coming for the audition were together with them inside the moving up lift. They looked so stylish and Dara had to bit her lower lip, feeling defeated already. Her confidence just faded away despite a fact that she looked very cute in her old sneakers, her favorite sleeveless cute floral dress which hanging above her flawless knees, and her new hair cut. Bom had insisted on giving her a new look by taking her to a beauty saloon and got Dara's hair cut last week. She had to push the girl back to her seat each time she wanted to run away.

Not only Dara who got a new look. Bom was so confident with her y outfit and new hair color. That morning when they met at the bus stop, Dara dropped her jaw when she looked at Bom's tight shirt and jeans. Not forget to mention her perfect make up and high heels. Different with Dara's expression, Bom frowned at Dara's outfit. She said that she shouldn't have trusted the girl on putting her own make up. It was too light and her dress made her look like a kid. The guitar which was hanging on her back was the only thing that made her look cool. Based on Bom's taste though.

"Okay Dara, forget everything I have told you at the bus stop okay. Stop bowing your head. You are cute and pretty," Bom whispered on the girl's ear. She could smell Dara's anxiety.

"You're lying, aren't you," she sighed.

"Aish, no I'm not. You can't win if you can't keep your confidence. Remember why you're here right now."

Dara nodded as the lift opened up. Walking to the left side of the long corridor, Dara's chest was beating rapidly and her hold on her guitar straps tightened. She wondered if everyone around her also felt the same way. She was so happy when her voice sample was passed -- as the first step of audition -- and she was so optimistic that she would pass the next step. But then, singing live in front of the real judges was something she'd never done before. Jaejoong had convinced her at the previous night that she's going to be just fine. However, the uneasiness was still there.

Finally reaching the door, Bom turned the knob and opened it widely.

There was a big hall and about fifty girls were already there. It's lesser than they thought. It's the time for them to prove themselves. To reach for whatever it was inside their mind. All of those girls had one thing in mind actually. To win the audition. So, that's what Bom and Dara were going to do.

Dara was too stunned at the sight before her. And Bom had to drag the girl with her.

'Can I do this? Why am I feeling so sick right now?'

"Bo.. Bom can ... can I calm my ...myself out ...outside?" Dara stuttered. She looked pale.

"Dara are you sure you want to do this?" asked Bom, feeling worried about her bestfriend. She felt sorry for pushing her too hard.

"Ye.. Yeah. I.. I just need to ... be alone."

"Call me when you need something okay?"

Dara nodded and stormed out. Bom couldn't do anything but seeing her making her way out.

"Be strong Dara. You can do this," she muttered, heaving a deep sigh before turning around and approached the lining to get her audition number.

Dara POV

I thought I had overcome this stupid mental anxiety. But look at me now. Running and searching for a place to calm myself.

"I'm sorry!" I bow without looking at the group of people I just bumped into and just walk as quickly as possible.

"Omo! Sohee are you okay?" I hear one of the girls asking as I run towards a room which door is slightly opened and lock myself. Letting the darkness of the room engulf me.

Safe.

My body feels so weak that I plop down on the carpetted floor. I remove the guitar from my back and put it beside me. Closing my eyes and have the silence fill in. My mind is in chaos. Too many voices that I'm trying to get rid off.

'Should I back down and forget about everything? About Dad and Jiyong?'

I can only take a deep breath, trying to ease the suffocating air inside my lungs.

Gradually, I open my eyes as I feel my heart beat is beating normally. I have to squint when shimmering light beaming through wide foggy glass window ,which curtain is opened up, at the end of the hallway.

'Is it raining outside?'

I stand up and walk slowly, approaching the window that just few steps away from me.

Yes it's raining. I smiled bitterly. Stupid rain. Always reminds me to Jiyong.

My steps halted when I hear a soft melody of piano suddenly fill the room.

How could I not notice that someone has been here?

The melody is ..... I don't know. It sounds beautiful yet sad. It's like something holding your heart but too tight that it hurts you. Something touching your soul but too soft that you can't feel the warmth. The melody tells you how lonely it is when someone you love isn't there to comfort you, to hold your hand and smile at you. Maybe because of the rain I feel this melancholic feeling. But I can't hold back my tears when faces of the people I love are flashed inside my mind. Wishing them were here.

I slid down my body and rest my back on the wall. Bringing my knees to my chest, hugging them as I curve into a ball. Crying.

Can I stop being a crybaby?

I miss them so much. My grandma, my Dad, and ...... Jiyong.

A soft sob escape my mouth as I wipe the unceasing tears. The melody keeps playing, ripping my heart so lovely and painfully at the same time.

I have given up on calling him, Jiyong. He even has changed his number. His Mom said that he already moved to dorm. I ,honestly, have a little hope to see him here and ask him questions I'm dying to ask. But he's far from my reach now.

'Stupid Jiyong. What are you doing right now?' I sob, not giving a damn if the person inside the room realizes my presence here.

"I miss you so much. And I miss my Dad too. Why can't one of you stay with me? What did I do wrong? Why? Why do you leave me? Why?!" I raise my voice.

Damn this feeling. I blink my blurry eyes when the melody stop. My brain tells me to get out before the person find me here crying and miserable. I wipe my tears hastily and ready to raise my body.

"Stay there," his cold voice makes me hold my breath and I feel my body freezing. But my heart skips a bit as the butterflies inside my tummy kicking and jumping in bliss.

'Jiyong.'

I slowly lift my head to see him with a smile that already crept up across my face.

"Don't you dare to look up!" he raises his voice at me and I feel like a dagger is being stabbed on my chest. Making me hard to breathe. So I just lower my head, gluing my eyes on his sneakers as I bit my lip to restrain another sob to come out.

"I'm glad that actually you are brave enough to join the audition," he says and I can picture that he's prolly showing me a disgusted look. "Just don't ever think about us getting back together. I believe your main reason is still your Dad. So stick with it."

I clench my fists. Can't I just voice out everything inside my head? No words come out of my mouth despite a fact that so many questions have been screaming inside my brain, waiting to be thrown out. This is a moment when I wish I could just kill myself in front of him so he doesn't have to torture me anymore.

I hear him heaving a deep sigh. Maybe he's trying to calm himself. Is he that mad at me?

"There's nothing to be afraid of," he says, softly that I almost forget how cold his voice was. How he looks like while he's saying it? Is he giving me a tender look? Or is he even looking at me? "Singing means you're telling a story. If it's a sad story, show them how it breaks your heart. If it's a happy story, make them smile," he adds up, making me confused to his sudden change. Because now he sounds sincere.

But I don't know if I should thank him or what? He just treated me so cold, warned me about my feeling and then giving me an advice for the audition?

"Jiyong why are you--"

All of the confusing thoughts vanish as I feel something being put on my head. A cap.

"It's my lucky charm. I wore it when YG invited us for audition," he says as he's fitting the cap on my head. I can feel how carefully his hands fixing it to my head.

I nodded, bitting my lower lip harder because my tears have fallen down again.

"Don't cry," he says, so warm that I hate myself for loving how good he's playing with my emotions. " If it's for your Dad .... then do the best for him," he added. "Good luck."

I see his feet moving and after few steps I snap my head up and see his back. His hair is blonde now. He also got a new haircut. My Jiyong is always that cool and handsome.

I'm wondering if I'll end up like how I used to . Getting my happiness just by looking at his back. Loving him from afar and smiling bitterly when reality strucks. Telling me how ridiculous it is to have a dream that he might love me back. The boy I've been missing is walking away from me. And leaving me in confusion.

'Do we still have a chance?'

My eyes widen as I spot something on his wrist before he closes the door. I couldn't hide a smile despite the tears that are still there in my eyes.

He's wearing the bracellet. Our bracellet.

I rub the item encircled on my wrist. 'Kwon Jiyong. Wait for me. I'll pass the audition.'

***

"Sandara Park. Oh you got a unique name. Okay show us what you have with that guitar," a guy, one of the three judges, smiles at me while a woman on his left side with chinky eyes and auburn hair, piercing her eyes on me, making me gulp. The other guy besid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter