CHAPTER XXII

GOOD GIRL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What?!" Bom, Chaerin, Minzy squealed in unison when Teddy announced that they're going to be in a competition made by YG and would be aired in one of tv stations once a week. The winner would get her debut a month after the show as the prize.

"So, prepare yourself. Because you're going to live in dorm during the competition and after the competition," the man smirked before leaving the place.

Everyone was busy squealing and jumping in delight except for Dara and Bom. Both just sighed and slumped their shoulders.

"That kind of show is just ... Aishh ...," Bom pulled her hair in frustration. She didn't like watching any talent show. Maybe because the contestants have to do , sometimes, silly things. And the worst, sheding tears because there were absolutely some kind of drama that the show wanted. For the sake of gaining viewers and high ratings.

"Are you going to back down?" asked Dara, brows connected.

"No, you still need me here."

"What?"

"I said you still need me here. To be your supporter!" Bom chuckled.

Dara was moved by Bom's words and she could only nod and hug the girl tightly to express how grateful she was to have her in her life.

 

"Ahem, Dara," Dara pulled away as she turned her body.

"Oh Sohee. What is it?"

"Here. I found it outside the restaurant, laying down on the floor. I knew it's yours but I was afraid that I might be late for the announcement so I took it here and waited for you," she said, extending her hand to give the black cap.

Dara beamed as she grabbed the cap and pressed it to her chest.

"Thank you Sohee. Thank you so much!" Dara was too happy that she didn't even realize that her body moved by its own and hug Sohee tightly. Earning a gasp from the girl.

"You're welcome Dara. You're very very ... welcome," she laughed nervously as she pushed her a bit.

"Sohee let's go!"

Chaerin was standing across the room with Minzy and from the look on their faces they were very annoyed.

"Oh I gotta go now. See you Dara, see you Bom."

Bowing at each other, Sohee turned around and walked her way to Chaerin. Bom raising one of her brows and Minzy threw her hands in the air and left when Chaerin narrow her gaze at Dara and lifting her point and middle fingers, pointing her eyes, gesturing that she's watching her.

"Can she be more childish than this?" asked Bom but Dara just let out a soft chuckle.

"I should give this back to Jiyong."

"Yeah and beg him to stay with you," Bom scoffed.

"Can I do it?" Dara annoyed friend and it worked when she dropped her jaw in disbelief. "Bommie- aah let's go home I can't wait to see my Mom and tell her the news!" Dara pouted and hooked her arm to Bom's. "Sleep over at my place?"

"Okay love," Bom sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Your Mom just hasn't done her job to explain you a thing," Jiyong muttered to himself as he watched Dara and Bom leaving. Sighing heavily, he smiled at the smiling girl.

'Should I put you in darkness forever and avoiding you until you give up on me Dara? I don't think I'll be able to see that smile again when you find out the truth.'

***

"It's weird to compete against you Dara. Really," Bom grimaced, definitely not liking the idea of YG to put the ten girls into a talent show.

"I know right," said Dara, pouted. "But the winner will be debut in a month Bom. And we live together! It's a good a news," her eyes beamed.

"Yeah, with the other eight girls. I don't actually care about getting the prize," Bom rolled her body to face Dara. "Hey, will you stop grinning and staring at that silly cap?"

"No I can't. It's Jiyong," she chuckled. "It's him. All black and quiet," Bom pursed her lips. "Have you asked him about the problem?"

Dara sighed and tilted her head, looking at Bom's furrowed brows.

"Not yet. He didn't even want me to see his face." Bitter chuckle escaped .

"And your Mom? Has she talked about it?"

"I don't want to argue with my Mom Bom. Last time we argued because of Jiyong she left me."

Dara glanced at her alarm clock and back to Bom.

"She'll come home late tonight. Seems like she's getting busier day by day. She looks tired too. I bet she'll be very happy once I tell her about my audition," said the girl excitedly.

Bom nodded and smiled. "Sure she'll be happy to see her daughter fighting for her Dad."

"I haven't told her about it. About my plan," she breathed out, lifting the cap and stared at it as she pursed her lips. "I'm afraid she'll ask me to stop it."

"Why are people keep hiding something and think that it's the best for everyone?" Bom muttered. "It's exhausting. It makes you keep wondering what has gone wrong. Like, why did this thing happen? Why did they do it? But then, are we really ready once the answer we're looking for unfold before our eyes?"

Bom's question sent uneasiness to Dara. She never thought about it before. Finding the answers for everything was one thing. And preparing herself for it was another thing she hadn't thought, until Bom reminded her.

"I don't know Bom."

***

"Great, I'll be in the same room with Dara," Chaerin bumped her head lightly to the wall in front of her.

"Chae please. It's not going to be the end of the world you know. Besides, the one who should act like this is Dara, not you," said Minzy, stared at Chaerin dully.

"Hey Sohee, do you snore?" asked Minzy to the girl who seemed like lost in her own thoughts.

"Oh what?"

"Snore. S N O R E. I literally kick someone when I hear them snore," Minzy grimaced.

"Don't worry. I'll be a good roommate for you," the girl chuckled lightly.

"Damn damn damn damn," Chaerin repeated the word, not minding the weird look people throwing at her.

"Damn damn damn damn," Bom cursed as she read the name of Dara's soon to be roommate. "Dara, you'll spend the competition with Chaerin as your roommate. Do you want me to replace you?"

The offer was so tempting but Dara didn't want to back down just because of Chaerin disliked her.

"Nah, I can handle it."

"Are you sure?"

Dara nodded and smiled to convince her bestfriend.

"I'm more than ready to kick her as$ if she dare to insult you," Bom cracked her fingers and showed her fist.

"Aish, Bom please stop acting like a possessive boyfriend."

"Can't do that."

Dara sighed and smiled at her protective bestfriend.

***

Dara POV

I honestly feel a bit worried about Chaerin and me being a roommate. She likes Jiyong very much. And I still don't get it why she hates me. It's obvious. I can see by the way she looks and talks to me. But I can't do anything about it. It's her right. I can't imagine myself arguing with her because of Jiyong. Maybe if she suddenly insults or insinuates me I'll just pretend that I don't care about it. Pretending that she doesn't exist in my world.

"Oh, here you are. Sooner than I thought."

Speak of the devil. I've just finished unpacking my things when she enters the room. How I wish there were three persons here and not just two of us.

I nod and give her the warmest smile I have. And like what I had thought, she just scoffs and drags her luggage.

"I can't sleep if the light is off. And ... no late night phone calls, no loitering, no tresspassing and .... no talking non-sense with me. Got it?"

I nod and lower my head. Satisfied smile appears on her lips. Nice sign. Moreover, I can do those things. Actually the no tresspassing is a bit ridiculous. And her being bossy is indeed annoying but I can manage that. At least she doesn't talk about Jiyong.

My cellphones' vibrating and it attracts my gaze.

"How's your roommate? Mine is boring."

I let out a soft chuckle, imagining Bom's huff and puff cheeks.

"Is there something funny about me?" Chaerin frowns.

"Oh, sorry. It's Bom. I was reading her text," I smile. She narrows her eyes before turning her head away with the frowning still visible on her face.

I sigh as I reply Bom's text.

I can see by the way she looks and talks to me."Mine is annoying. But it's okay. She's probably on her period now."

"Can I kick her as$ now?"

"No -.-"

I furrow my brows when other new message pops up in my inbox.

"It's the time," Chaerin talks to herself, I guess, as she stands up and fixes her make up. Her eyeliners are always thick. I'm wondering if I will finally see her bare face. Even since high school she always applied that eyeliner. I just realized it now.

I avert my gaze back to my phone.

"Gathering in ten minutes inside the dance studio."

It's from the YG staff.

My heart is thumping as I bite my lip and hurrily fix myself in front of the mirror. I glance at Chaerin. She looks faboulous and I look plain with my pants and shirt.

"What?" she glares.

"No.. Nothing," I quickly grab my guitar and leave the room.

She's scary. I don't know why she acts a bit .... rude. Yes, she doesn't like me. But she knows we broke up so she doesn't need to be that rude though.

"Dara!"

I hear Sohee calls me so I stop and turn my body to see her walking quickly towards me. She's cute with her dress.

"Hi Sohee," I greet before we walking together down the hallway.

"Hi, I heard that you're in the same room with Chaerin. Are you okay?" she asks.

I nod and she smiles. I don't know why she wants to have a friend like me. Awkward and quiet. No matter how I try, I still feel uneasy when she's around me.

Our dorm is not that far from YG building. Just a block and I'm happy to walk there, hoping I'll bump into Jiyong again.

"You look happy," says Sohee, her sweet smile just so nice. I wonder if people will think the same when I smile at them.

"Really? Must be the weather," I laugh nervously. Can I just disappear because I'm really at making a new friend.

"Yeah," she says, looking up and inhales deeply.

When we arrive, Bom's already there and I immediately make my way to her. We talk for awhile and few minutes later some staff coming in and explain everything about the company, the diciplinary things, the show we're in and the schedules of our practice. They also tell us that we are officially trainee of YG and we must do our best to improve.

"Today you will get your vocal class followed by dancing class with Hi-tech dancers. Have fun."

I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter