CHAPTER XVII

GOOD GIRL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I love you Mom. I love you Dad. I love you Jiyong. I love you Dara. I love you Kiko. I love you ........ son."

 

 

A girl was humming a distinctive sound, resting her back on the wall as she tapped her black flat shoes's left toe on the concrete ground. She'd been there for twenty minutes.

Looking up at the starry night sky, she smiled at the moon. What could make her that happy whilst the boy she had been waiting for hadn't showed up yet? Well, she had been missing him a lot. Right after her arrival in Seoul she had tried to contact him but his phone was off. If only her new company hadn't had called her, she would have met him. Anyway, she's going to see him tonight. She giggled when she was imagining how happy the boy would be to see her standing at the corner of the street which just a block away from his house. The reality was indeed coming true when the boy squinted his eyes from a far, observing the so familiar figure with black leather jacket and short skirt.

"Kiko?" exclaimed the boy in surprise when he got closer.

"Jiyong!" she beamed and immediately threw her body to him, making him almost stumble backwards. "I miss you!" she pouted cutely.

"Oh, miss you too," Jiyong replied as he gently removed her arms and stepped back. Kiko frowned.

"Is there something wrong?"

<>p"Nothing," he smiled but Kiko was still frowing. Jiyong sighed. "Well, I want to tell you something. I have been thinking about us."

The girl's heart leapt in joy as she stiffled her smile.

'Oh my God. Finally Jiyong will confess to me.'

"You are my first love and I'm not lying when I say that you are the first woman whom I adore and --"

Kiko bit her lower lip when she heard Jiyong's words. She restrained herself from sealing his lips with hers because she wanted to hear the part when Jiyong would say the 'I still love you Kiko and I can't live without you so please break up with your boyfriend and be with me' part.

"-- I remember the time when we shared our stories and laughters and tears. Happy memories of us and then --"

Kiko's eyes were brimmimg in tears while Jiyong was now fixing his gaze to the ground, oblivious to the girl's tears of joy.

'Ok Jiyong will you cut the crap and straight to the point?' she's getting annoyed but decided to endure a little bit. She even zooned out of his words although her eyes were nailed on his moving lips. She was too immersed in her own feeling and happy thoughts about Jiyong and her.

"-- because I love Dara."

"Yes! Jiyong me too!"

Jiyong was startled at Kiko's sudden squeal.

"Wait.. Jiyong. Do you mean ... I mean.." Kiko opened but she was lost for words. She blinked her eyes twice and bit her bottom lip. Jiyong even noticed how she clenched her jaw when his confession sunk into her head. Hit her so damn hard. Her heart was still beating faster but of course for a different reason. The blood inside her body was boiling and she was ready to snap. However, she just snorted. "Are you kidding me? Is it some kind of a joke?"

"Why should I do that?" he defended and felt confused as well.

"Because I had cheated on you?" she proded.

"What do you mean? I don't get it. I mean you have Xin and now I have Dara. You should be happy then," Jiyong furrowed his brows. "You love him, do you," he smiled warmly at her, making her want to punch him for making her so desperate to get the boy. However she finally crushed her pride by saying " I ... I love you Jiyong." Kiko looked up and met his eyes. She couldn't take it anymore as tears streaming and tainted her flawless cheeks.

The boy was taken aback. Kiko wasn't that type of girl who so desperately confessed to a boy no matter how attractive he was. She looked so broken. Gone was the bad girl inside her. It might be too late for her to realize that actually she wanted him, so bad. No one ever rejected her and Jiyong had chosen a girl - whom she thought was nobody- over her. She felt so stupid.

"No. You can't do that Jiyong," Kiko stepped forward, attemped to kiss him but he turned his head to avoid her. "It's ridiculous," she laughed bitterly, lowering her head. "You love me Jiyong! You can't love someone else! Only me! How could you change just like that?" she snapped, punching Jiyong's chest with her tiny fists. Jiyong could only frown and opened his mouth but no words came out. "No. Jiyong you're confused right now. Your feeling for Dara is temporary. Leave her and back to me then I'll prove it to you," Kiko balled her fists, eyes filled with confidence as she looked deeply at Jiyong's brown orbs.

"Kiko you're getting ridiculous. I love Dara and it has nothing to do with you. I'm sorry to say this but please let me remember you as a nice girl. Move on with your life. I'm sorry." Jiyong narrowed his gaze on her as he slowly turned away and left.

Tears streaming down, escaped from Kiko's eyes. She scoffed in disbelief. First time in her life throwing herself to a guy and he turned her down.

"How dare you Kwon Jiyong. Moving on with my life after what you had done to me? No. I'll make you mine, like it or not." Kiko clenched her jaw and wiped the remaining tears on her face. "Just wait and see. I'll show you how cliche love is."

***

A week before the final exam, Jiyong had a plan to give Dara a romantic evening on the rooftop of his house this Saturday. Her Mom and Dad were at his relative's place in Busan and would be back on Monday. He had talked about this briliant plan with his bandmates. When they were discussing, Seungri and Daesung's eyes were staring at him dreamily, admiring their friend's romantic side. Taeyang seemed taking Jiyong's creating-unforgetable-memory- with -Dara plan too seriously. Nodding his head and furrowing his brows each time the boy excitedly explained the project. Seunghyun just let out an amused smile as Jiyong glared at him. He hadn't gotten over with Seunghyun's revelation at the previous night convo they had.

[FLASHBACK]

"Seunghyun, how did you know it was Dara who put that umbrella in front of my locker?" asked Jiyong, brows knitted together as he squinted his eyes. They were just finished their practice and now they were walking down the sidewalk towards a bus stop. Jiyong with his guitar on his back and Seunghyun with his drum sticks clasped in his right hand. They were so hyped up about YG and couldn't wait for the graduation day to come because their trainee days would start afterwards. They even spent their weekends practicing.

Jiyong had been regularly taking Dara with him to the studio they regularly used, except on Sundays. She said it was a special day for her and her bestfriend. He just shrugged, knowing the bestfriend must be Bom and he didn't want to disturb their bonding time. The girl never talked about Jaejoong and Jiyong never brought it up when they were together. Same thing went with Kiko.

'My happiness shouldn't be ruined by unnecessary thoughts and people. I trust my girlfriend,' that's what he said inside his head to convince him although a slight of jealousy and curiousity was still there.

"I saw her putting it down when no one was around," Seunghyun shrugged.

Jiyong curled his lips, eyes still scrutinizing the big boy.

"How couldn't she see you there?"

Seunghyun stopped and stared at the boy, expressionless. Jiyong halted too and waited for Seunghyun's next words.

"I had a crush on her and I still do. I was actually following her when she was stalking you around."

Jiyong's eyes widened in disbelief. One of his bestfriends was his girl's secret admirer! And the surprising news hadn't finished yet. " I confessed to her and we had a relationship although it was just for a short time," Seunghyun pursed his lips as he looked ahead. Oblivious to the boy's rage.

"How .. how .. but Dara ... " Jiyong went silent, fists balled and his jaw clenched. He was even in the verge of tears when Seunghyun turned his head to see him and placed his palm on Jiyong's left shoulder.

Heaving a deep sigh he said "Where's Stephen Spielberg in a moment like this? When my natural acting skill comes out and a poor,gullible young boy falls for it?" he patted Jiyong's back and left the boy with a smirk on his handsome face.

"Wha .. what? You! How could you .... Yah! Come back here so I can smack some sense into your head!" Jiyong was mad but he's relief. Knowing that his Dara was his from the start.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

***

"Uhm .. Bom do you think this dress suits me? And this make up though. Do you think Jiyong will like it?" Dara's worried look made Bom roll her eyes.

"Believe me, he won't take his eyes off you. I don't know what the guys have prepared for you tonight at Jiyong's place. But I bet it will be a very special surprise," Bom smiled, wiggling her brows and made the latter's cheeks blushed.

"I guess it's just a simple dinner," Dara shrugged as she grabbed her small bag, ready to get out of Bom's room. When she had reached the door, Dara bit her lower lip and turned around, facing the curious Bom. "Bommie-ah, be honest. Do I really look pretty? I mean it's not because I'm your bestfriend so you say I'm pretty just to make me confident because --," Dara paused, looking at Bom's dead glare, crossing her arms acrossed her chest. "-- uhmmm I think I must go now," she laughed nervously. "Thankyou for the make over Bom. Good night!" Dara exclaimed before shutting the door and rushed to the bus stop.

Glancing at her wrist watch, Dara pursed her lips as she got on the bus and sat down comfortably. She looked down at her phone when it's vibrating and Jiyong's name appeared on the screen. He had been texting her all day, telling her not to forget about their date, his love for her, he's missing her already and every words that could make Dara smile stupidly at class and earned a scold from Mr. Jang. Her heart never missed that brief skip whenever her phone vibrated. She lost count how many times she had to stiffle her smile by bitting her lower lip just to hide the giddiness. Blame the boy named Kwon Jiyong that put her in insanity of love.

"Hello?"

"Babe, where are you now?" Jiyong's voice was like a sweet melody to Dara's ear, sending a wave of happiness to her. The fast beating heart inside her chest didn't tell a lie. And so did the butterflies in her tummy.

"I'm on the bus. I'll be there in thirty minutes," Dara glanced at her wrist watch again.

"Okay .. Uhm Dara ...." Jiyong paused.

"Yes?"

"I love you."

"I ... I do too," Dara shut her eyes tightly and pressed her lips into a thin line. 'I do too. Great. Can't this be more awkward?' she scolded herself inside her mind. She heard Jiyong sigh and she felt like a guilty idiot.

"See you babe. Take care," Jiyong's voice then filled with excitement.

Dara nodded her head despite a fact that the boy couldn't see it.

Hanging up the phone , Dara threw her gaze outside the window glass, gazing at the shops, pedestrian, trees which looked like running against the bus' direction. She was curious about the end of the night as a smile spreaded on her face. However, the smile was replaced with furrowed brows when Jaejoong's name displayed on her phone. They were close but he said he didn't do phone call with her-- except for emergency like saving the miserable Dara-- because he liked her annoyed face when they were talking. Feel curious, Dara answered the phone.

"Jaejoong-ssi?"

"Dara, where are you now?" Jaejoong's voice, it was hoarse and weak.

"Are you okay?" the girl was worried. He's unlike himself. The normal Jaejoong wouldn't sound like that.

"I'm at the hospital. My Mom ..." he couldn't finish words. "I'm sorry Dara. It'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter