CHAPTER XXIII

GOOD GIRL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Is it love when you doubt your lover?"

 

 

"Hey, are you okay?" asked Jiyong to the girl laying down in the hospital bed. Bruises on her face and a small cut at the corner of her lip.

She nodded and wincing in pain when she tried to smile.

"Thank you," she said weakly, lifting her upper body. Jiyong immediately raised from his seat and helped her.

"Your Dad is in prison now. You're safe."

Kiko couldn't restrain her tears flowing down on her cheeks. Her jaw clenched and so were her both fists.

"It's okay Kiko. He can't hurt you anymore," Jiyong paused, looking at the girl as he lifted his right hand and wiped the tears. She flinched a bit, not expecting such a comfort from the boy. "I'm sorry for not be there in time. Or else I might have killed him myself," he stared at her apologetically.

Kiko wished the boy wasn't doing it because he pitied her. She wished it was because he loved her. But she knew better. Chaerin had told her how Jiyong ran his off just to find Dara, he even gave her his cap.

'It's a blessing in disguise.'

That was what she had thought at the time she called Jiyong - after having beaten up by his Dad on her way back to her dorm. Her heart leapt in joy when she saw him running out of the dorm and found her squatting and crying. She couldn't say if it was tears of joy or not because she's indeed hurt.

"How long have you been here?"

"All night long."

She looked amazed.

"Yeah, I can't let Chaerin here," he shrugged.

"Dara will get wrong sign if she knows you're here," Kiko lowered her gaze and nailed it on her lap.

'I hope she'll find out soon from Chaerin though,' Kiko had to hold her smirk.

"I don't care. Dara and I are not together anymore," he walked slowly to the window and pulled the curtain up, letting in the morning sunlight illuminate the room. He threw his gaze outside, swallowing down the big lump down his throat.

"Oh, I see."

***

The first episode of the show would be in two days but Dara felt miserable and her competitive soul was out at the day when Chaerin told her what had happened to Jiyong and Kiko.

"Dara, please wear some eye cream to hide those gross eyebags," Bom pulled her hair in frustration. They were having lunch together with Sohee in YG cafetaria. The girl was deaf to the world as she slowly ate her food.

"Dara-ssi, forget about Chaerin. We are here for you," Sohee reached for Dara's hand and gave it a light squeezed.

"I don't get it Dara. If they are back together so what? You and him are over! O V E R. Focus on the show okay. Screw him and whatever things he keeps from you," Bom grabbed her glass and gulped down the water in one go.

"So, it's not about Chaerin?" Sohee frowned, making Dara and Bom turned their heads to see her.

"And also that for being Kiko's cousin and for being such an annoying . I never like that creepy, smokey eyes monster," Bom fumed.

"Oh... it's .... interesting," she laughed.

'I can't wait to see what happens next.'

"," Bom cursed when she caught Jiyong walked into the cafetaria with Kiko. Chaerin who were sitting with Minzy not far from their table waved at them. Smiling widely, Kiko approached the table and clinged to Jiyong.

Dara and Sohee followed Bom's gaze and they saw how Kiko and Jiyong sat side by side. Kiko talked and laughed. She even glimpsed at Dara, mocking her for having Jiyong with her right before her widened eyes.

"I can't believe this. Let's go Dara," Bom stood up and grabbed her ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter