CHAPTER XI

GOOD GIRL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"And when they change, they are changed. They are not that same old people anymore. They are all the same. They are changed. The difference is, if the change lead them to the happiness they are searching for or not."

"I hate you Jiyong."

The background music, happy, merry melody in the amusement park didn't match the sentence at all. It was a place to find a thing called happiness and joy. Not pain and sorrow, let alone gnawing ,broken- into -pieces - heart like what Dara's feeling at the moment.

What an idiotic scene to stand before your boyfriend, wearing furry bunny mascot costume covering your whole body head to toe and witnessing how happy he was with another girl in a day which should have been the day you spent with him for such a thing called last beautiful day as girlfriend boyfriend. Ironically tormenting.

Blinking hard, Jiyong noticed how the bunny turn away and leave. Part of him telling to stop her and find out who the person inside the mascot despite the fact that every fiber of his body screaming it was the girl he had abandoned that morning but still had that power to put his mind in disarray. It's the guilt probably, which invaded him.

"Jiyong let's go for another ride!" Feeling too much excitement, Kiko didn't really pay attention to the change in Jiyong's expression as she waved her hand and asked him to follow.

Walking slowly behind the girl, Jiyong had been thinking hard. Another feeling had emerged to the surface of his conciousness. Fear. Fear of hatred from Dara. It's ridiculously bugging him.

He was sick of himself, so much . For being an inconsistent, heartless man. Having Dara hate him was a thing he should have been waiting for. But how come it backfired him? He scowl, steps came into a halt.

"."

Throwing his head up, Jiyong heaved a deep sigh before turning around and dashed his way back to the place where the bunny, that he truly believed was Dara, left him, hoping she was still there. But it seemed like lady luck wasn't on his side.

'Where are you Dara. Oh my God what have I done?' Raking his hair, he bit his lower lip and scanned his eyes through the crowd.

He couldn't help it anymore. Loving Kiko was something but the fear he suddenly realized had snapped him back to his sanity, or insanity, he couldn't decide which was which. He had promised to stay with her yet he left her like that. Maybe it's not yet love but the feeling of caring for her was growing stronger now. He didn't want to loose her. And he hoped it wasn't too late for him. Not when now he felt something for the girl.

***

Dara sat on a bench beside a fountain, removing the bunny's head and revealing her messy face. She wiped her tears and tucked the loose strands of her hair behind her ears as the evening breeze carressed her bare face as if trying to give some comfort to the damage of her broken heart.

"Grandma. May I swim there?" asked a little girl as she pointed out the fountain, drawing Dara's attention. Her grandma let out a chuckle as she scooped up the little girl and wrapped her securely in her embrace.

"I'm afraid you may not sweetheart. Be a good girl ne? We can ask Mom and Dad to have a picnic next week on a beach. We will swim all day long," promised the old woman. Earning a gasp from the little girl.

"For real? I miss Mom and Dad! I can't wait!" the little girl squealed in delight, clapping her hands.

 

"Grandma, if I stop bugging Mom and Dad, will they come with us here?" asked little Dara as she her strawberry flavor ice cream."

"Of course, you just have to be a good girl ne?"

Dara smiled faintly. The scene had brought back a memory of her and her grandma -minus the delightful squeal of the little girl for her parents- and she missed her so much. Especially in a time when she broke down and cried. There was this particular moment in one evening that she remembered vividly. As clear as the pain that came along with it.

[FLASHBACK]

"Can't you see I'm busy here?!" scolded Mr. Park to his daughter the eight years old Sandara Park. Grabbing some documents on his desk harshly, he threw them at the little girl. She clutched her plushy doll Tam-Tam, crying and ran to her Mom who's typing something on her laptop, cigarette squeezed between her lips.

"What now Dara?!" snapped her Mom as she threw her hands in the air, totally annoyed by her daughter's crying.

"Da.. daddy doesn't want to play with me Mom so ..." she broke off.

"What? Do you think I'm going to play with you instead?" she scoffed as she removed the cigarettee from , presssing it down to the ash tray.

Dara pouted, wiping her tears as she looked at her Mom's indignant face. The woman rolled her eyes and went back to whatever she's doing on her laptop. Probably editting some books or novels. She's a busy editor anyway. It's what Dara's grandma used to telling her whenever the little Dara asked why her Mom wasn't at home for days. Busy. She's grateful that her grandma wasn't as busy as her Mom.

"Mom, grandma is not at home yet and I can't sleep so I just want to show you my new friend," she muttered softly, her cute lips formed a pout. But then a wide smile spreading on her face as she excitedly introduced the plushy. " Guess what? Tam-tam is her name and I sleep with her too but she said she can't sleep too so I asked her to meet Mom and Dad --" Dara kept bragging out about her plushy as she stared at it proudly, trying to get back her Mom's attention. The woman heaved a deep sigh, cooling down her anger. Turning her body slightly, she felt the anger was triggered even more when she saw Dara happily talking about the plushy. Her jaw clenched, not feeling amused on the scene in front of her. The innocent girl who had trapped her in misery for the rest of her life, smiling and happy. She had always been mad every time she saw Dara, her own daughter. For she reminded her of her past, her mistake. Dara was always be a mistake for her.

"-- actually her real name is not Tam-Tamie. It's Tam - Tam so her nickname is Tam-Tamie. I think you can call her --"

"Shut up! Can't you see that I don't care about your dumb plushy? Stop messing with me and go to your room now! Don't ever disturb me! You hear me?! Now get out!"

Little Dara flinched, eyes widened, chest rose up and down as her heart beat quickened its pace inside its rib cage. Muffled sob escaped from and her trembling hands gripped the hem of her cute pajama. She ran upstairs to her room curling up on bed as she brought her knees to her chest.

"Mommy is so mad at me Tam-Tamie. I shouldn't have annoyed her. Daddy is also mad at me. I'm so scared Tam-Tamie," whispered the little girl between her sob, choking on her words as she clutched the plushy tightly.

"I'm sorry Mom.. Dad. I'll be a good girl. I promised," she muttered as she slowly closed her eyes and lied down on bed. Minutes after her sob subsided, she drifted to sleep. Traced of dried tears on her cheeks.

In other part of the room, her Mom silently crying and raked her hair. Married in such a young age to a man that she never loved was never on her list. She once, at university, had a wonderful dream to study literature in United State and when she got the scholarship, she didn't know that her one night stand Park Jung Yoon had buried his seed in her womb, causing her pregnancy. Of course the scholarship had to be cancelled. Thanks to her Mom who forced her to keep the baby.

"Are you crazy? That infant inside your womb has nothing to do with your immoral behaviour with this man!" she snapped, dragging her daughter out of the place as she glared at the man beside her when they were caught inside a small clinic to erase the baby. They didn't know how she managed to find it out despite her busy schedule as a chief editor in one of television news broadcasts.

Park Jung Yoon kneeled before her, ignoring people's stare at him.

"Mrs. Kim I'm so sorry but I beg you. We have to erase the baby. We're too young for this. I don't want to have a baby in such a young age. It's a mistake. I already have a woman that I love Mrs. Kim. So please let me and Jieun erase the baby."

Slap!

"I know who your Dad young man," warned the mid aged woman, gritted her teeth as she looked down at the young man. "Park Tae Joon isn't it? He's a fine gentleman unlike you. His face will be all over the newspapers by tomorrow if I tell him about his son's deed through media. I'm not working in broadcasting for nothing."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter