CHAPTER VIII

GOOD GIRL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why do people keep coming back to the past when the present offers them a chance to live a better life ? The future even promises them unlimited possibilities. When it comes to love, actually , it's not the person that hurt you the most but the memories that keep calling back to you. Do you want to know why? Because you keep the memories alive."

 

Dara stared above the dark ceiling inside her bedroom as she recalled what had happened between her and Jiyong that evening.

[ FLASHBACK ]

Silence enveloped them as they both sat on a bench near Jiyong's house.

He's a bit surprised when his Mom called him downstairs and said that a girl named Dara was looking for him. He wondered why she was there. She's still wearing her school uniform inspite of the time had shown it's almost nine in the evening.

Jiyong's Mom looked worried as she invited Dara to come in but Dara waved her hand saying she wouldn't stay long. Being a stubborn mother, she tried to convince her to have a taste of her freshly baked cookies when Jiyong came downstairs and told her that he and Dara would just talk outside. He grabbed his jacket and brought Dara with him. Jiyong's Mom smiled, feeling a bit disappointed, and asked her to come back again next time. The latter just bowed her head as Jiyong dragged her out. His expression was blank though his mind was in chaos. And now they were sitting side by side. No one dared to talk until Dara glanced at him and broke the ice.

"Jiyong are you mad at me?" Dara bit her lower lip as she nervously fiddled her fingers on her lap.

Jiyong heaved a sigh as he turned his head to look at her worried face. A sudden guilt hit his chest that he averted his gaze away from her.

"No I'm not. It should be you, aren't you. About the kiss ..." he trailed off " I'm sorry."

Silence then enveloped them once again. Dara didn't dare to look at him. Afraid that she'd beg for him to never let her go, which was a wistful thinking, despite his remorse for the kiss. She didn't mad at him because afterall one of her dreams was to give him her first kiss which eventually also reminded her for the place she got inside Jiyong's mind which was ... nowhere.

When she was lost in her own thoughts, a warm fabric drapped around her shoulder, taking away the cold breeze of the night.

She looked over her left shoulder and saw Jiyong was standing behind her, his jacket was now on her shoulders.

"You'll catch a cold. Where have you been with that school uniform still attach on you?" Jiyong furrowed his brows.

He had been avoiding her for days yet now he showed her his concern and it made Dara confused as her heart rejoiced just by him simple gestured.

"I .. I went to Bom's house to discuss something." Dara stuttered, couldn't hide anxiety inside her voice.

She realized she needed to talk about their relationship. And being around him for too long would just make it harder for her to clear things up.

"Jiyong..." she paused " Let's break up," Dara , with all the strenght she could muster, voiced out what she had been keeping inside her head.

Waiting for the boy's reaction, She stared at the ground. However only a deep sigh could be heard from Jiyong. He then walked back to the bench and sat down again beside her, shoulder slumped in defeat. He didn't notice the girl who's holding back the tears felt as if the oxygen was out of her lungs that it's hard for her to breathe. It's painful. So much painful. But she had promised that Jiyong's happiness was her main reason. She would endure the pain for him.

She's in the verge of crying, but she didn't want Jiyong to pity her anymore. Or should she cry so he would stay? She's confused. As much as she wanted to let him go and to move on, a bigger part of her screaming out and begging for her to keep the boy.

"I'm a bad boyfriend. We even barely got a proper date." Jiyong snorted, gazing fixed at the ground beneath them. He should be happy that finally Dara decided to end the relationship. However, he felt empty and most of all ... guilty.

"No, it's supposed to be me who apologize. I shouldn't force you. I want you to be happy. I'm sorry." Dara felt a tight knot inside her tummy as her voice sounded a bit shaky which came out almost in a whisper.

Jiyong didn't mind if people began to calling him as the worst man alive. He had been avoiding Dara for days right a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter