CHAPTER XIX

GOOD GIRL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

But you know what? I had told you a lie. Guess what. You can never avoid to get hurt. Because there are some people who are meant to hurt you. So, even when you push the person away, just a mere thought of her or him is enough to send the pain to your heart.

 

 

 

Dara POV

I didn't know that Jaejoong has Jiyong's scent. I always love his scent. It's so comfortable. And Jaejoong? I love his too. It's so calming.

"Dara, are you okay?"

I hear Jiyong's voice. I bet I'm so drunk that now I even hear his voice clearly.

"Jiyong... I'm sorry," I slur and adjust myself inside his embrace. Wait. It's him right? Not Jaejoong? But why am I here with him? Where's Jaejoong? And that chaos just now, is it real too? Aish, my head is pounding again. I think I'll just sleep and ask him tomorrow. I hope everything's okay. I really hope so. Because I love .... them.

***

My head is pounding like crazy. Even when I gradually open my eyes I still have to struggle to keep them opened.

Ten past twelve in the afternoon. Seriously. I've slept for that long?

I massage my temple to ease the headache a bit. I turn my head and see my phone on the night stand. Rolling my body, I reach it and grab the phone, checking if I get missed texts or calls.

None.

I can't help furrowing my brows and wondering why there's no texts from Jiyong or Jaejoong. Especially from Jiyong.

My eyes widened when I remember the event I vaguely heard last night. Something had to be happened between the two.

"Dara, may I come in?" my Mom turns the knob and enters my room with a bowl of soup, I guess, and water. I sit up and smile at her. But I'm sure it's more like a grimace since my headache hasn't subsided yet. She hands me the warm water mixed with honey and I gulp it down. Feels good in my throat. " I want to talk to you about... something. Maybe after you have your meals," she pauses and I look up to see her. I can see the uneasiness on her face when she avoids my gaze and turns her body, leaving my room.

I sigh deeply and taste the tasteless food on my tounge. When I smell problems, food will just go down my throat without me trying to figure out the taste.

Having a quick shower, I walk out of my room to downstairs. She's there sitting on a couch in front of the television set. The remote is in her hand and she keeps changing the channels. I approach her and when I stand beside her, she doesn't budge but glues her eyes on the TV screen. I begin to worry if something is bothering her.

"Mom," I call her softly as I sit beside her.

She's startled and drops the remote.

"Dara you're here already."

I just nod. Where would I be?

"Dara, will you stop seeing Kwon Jiyong?" she asks. Out of blue. A request that I've never known that will be asked to me.

"Is he doing something wrong? He's a nice guy Mom. And we love each other," I carefully answer her. I even let out an assuring smile.

"No, he's not. You'd better stay away from him. He's just going to hurt you. Just like ..." her jaw clenched as she balls her fists on her laps. "Just stay away from him. Or even better. Break up with him."

"But. Mom I love him. Last night I was drunk but it wasn't Jiyong's--"

"Are you deaf?! You must listen to me! Is that clear?!" she snaps and I suddenly feel the fear I used to have when I was still a kid. My heart beats faster as I hold my breath and clench my shaky fists.

She clamps as she immediately caress my cheek. "Oh my God. What have I done?" she whispers. "I'm sorry Dara. I didn't mean to snap. I'm just. It's for your own good sweetheart. Kwon Jiyong will hurt you. He will destroy your future. I don't want it to happen. Just please don't come near him," she pleads, crying as she holds my hands.

Mom. What's going on? Why? And Jiyong.. does he know something?

I keep all the questions to myself. If my Mom really wants me to break up with Jiyong, it has to be a strong reason for it. And I will find it out.

***

Jiyong didn't answer my calls and texts so I decide to go to his house. It's been awhile since I visited Jiyong's place and I'm a bit nervous when I push the doorbell. His Mom immediately opens the door and hugs me.

"Dara-ah I miss you! I'm sorry dear, Jiyong's Dad and I couldn't make time to see you after the graduation ceremony since we had to attend a relative's wedding reception. But I heard the news about you and Jiyong," she winks. And I'm blushed. "Come on in. I just baked some cookies. Jiyong is upstairs," she drags me and I can only nod and smile. My best communication this far.

"Jiyong-aaahh. Dara is here. Will you come out from your room now?" she calls him but no response. Sigh deeply she turns her head to see me. "He's been locking himself up this whole day and I don't know why," she frowns and looks troubled. "Maybe if you knocks his room he'll go out," she nods her head towards Jiyong's room upstairs.

I bite my bottom lip and nod.

Standing before his door, I lift my fist and knock the door softly.

"Jiyong, are you there?" I shut my eyes and curse inwardly for the stupid question.

Of course he's there.

"Jiyong are you okay? I think... we need to talk."

No response. What happened with him? Did my Mom say something that hurt him? Yes, it must be the reason. Maybe she's telling him to break up with me.

"Jiyong. I'm sorry for what my Mom had done to you. She's a nice woman. And --" I look up when I see the door open and his face appear before me.

I don't know how to react when I see how messy him and his room. I gasp when I notice that actually he just trashed the room.

"Stop staring at my room. Have you finished your business here?" he asks coldly.

I can't recognize him. It's not Jiyong. The man standing before me has no warmth inside his eyes. They filled with hatred. Towards me?

"I... I'm sorry. My Mom--,"

"Tell her to die and kill herself," he gritts his teeth and turns around. "And don't ever show your face near me anymore. I'm sorry. But.... let's break up." He slams the door in front of my face and I feel how my world has turned upside down. I've ever wondered what if someday my happiness is snacthed away. What if when I wake up in the morning I'm back to the nightmares.

I smile bitterly as I walk downstairs. Tears rolling down on my cheeks.

"Omo! Dara why are you crying?" Mrs. Kwon puts down a tray and holds my face dearly, wiping my tears, she looks so worried. I shake my head and sob softly. She takes me into her embrace and caress my back, soothing me. I should be embarrased for crying like a baby. But I really need a hug right now.

"Last time I saw Jiyong act like that was when he's thirteen. When I asked for his permission to marry his step Dad," says Mrs. Kwon to me as we are sitting around on a bench at the backyard of the house. I am surprised that actually Jiyong's real Dad isn't Mr. Kwon. He must have been having a hard time back then. I thought his life was perfect since he looks so happy all the time. "He trashed his own room and locked himself up inside. He didn't want to eat. And I felt like I had hurt him so bad. When I was about to call his step Dad and cancel the marriage, he came out of his room and hugged me," she smiles as she sighs and rubs the back of her hand on her lap. "He asked, Mom, he won't leave us right? I don't want to see you cry. Then I hugged him tightly and cried. I convinced him that his new Dad won't leave us," she pauses and turns her head, staring at me deeply as she places her both palms on my hands. "Don't leave her my dear. He's confused right now. I don't know what's going on with him. I bet he won't tell me even if I convince him that it'll be less hurt when he shares the problem. I trust in you Dara," she caress my cheeks, like a Mom to her daughter.

I nod firmly. "I'll stay with him."

***

I decide to go home and rest. Yes, my head is in chaos and like the old times I hope some sleep can make me forget about everything. Even just for awhile.

Or should I talk to Bom?

I sigh. I don't want to be a burden to anybody. Bom has heard enough about my misery. Sometimes I feel embarrased. Each time I visit her when I'm depressed I will cry and cry and she'll calm me down. She's the best person ever but I never have any intention to disturb her with my pathetic stories. Bom rarely talks about her life or her problems. Does she even have a problem? I'm sure she is. I used to thinking that I'm the most unlucky person on Earth. But then I met Jaejoong and Jiyong. They too have ever faced such a big problem. I shouldn't play the victim for the rest of my life. And Jiyong... What's going on with you jagi? Why are you so hurt?

Walking down the sidewalk, I bump into someone.

"Oh I'm sorry. Are you okay?" she crouches down and we both are surprised when our eyes meet. "You're Dara right? Jiyong's girlfriend?"

I just let out a small smile as we both stand up. This pretty girl stares at me with a smile that I find annoying. Why does she look so happy to see me? Last time I remember her, she was crying and hug Jiyong befo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter