CHAPTER XIII

GOOD GIRL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"One thing you should also remember about love is 'It drives you crazy"

 

The sun was brightly shining and even the blue sky was so clear, displaying the calm color to those who bother to look up and stare. Beneath them, a boy happily ran away from a girl who's chasing him in full speed but it looked like she could never reach the boy. Bumping into some people, she didn't really pay any attention to their displeased look. Eventually, when another boy just came out from a restroom, she crushed him, causing her stumble down and fall on her . The boy was strong enough to keep his balance and when he saw the girl chanting her "sorry" as she stood up, his eyes widened in surprised. She bowed her head frantically without bothering to take a look at the boy before her clearly. And when she was about to leave, the boy grabbed her wrist. Making her whip her head to face him.

"Dara? You're here."

'Jiyong..'

She was stunned but managed to let out a small smile which didn't even reach her eyes. No words came out afterwards. But Dara's eyes were glistening before she broke the silence.

"It ... hurts," she muttered softly, making Jiyong's face fell. "Let go. My wrist."

Jiyong looked down at his fingers, gripping tightly on her wrist. He didn't even realize that he had been doing it, hurting her wrist, or maybe more than just her wrist. Her heart.

"I'm sorry," he said, lowering his head, too guilty to even see her in the eyes. It's she who usually ducked her head whenever their eyes met, but now it's not like that anymore. The girl tried her best to act nonchalantly around him although mixed of emotions was driving her crazy at the moment. That's why she balled her fist to sustain her collected state.

"Yah! E.T what are you doing there?" Jae approached them and when he saw the boy, he squinted his eyes. Studying the figure and his displeased stare at him. He glanced at Dara who's bitting her lower lip as she nervously looked at Jaejoong for a brief second. He saw that she didn't feel comfortable around the boy so without a second thought he held her hand, intertwined their fingers and dragged her with him. Of course Jiyong didn't like what he witnessed before his eyes. Anger immediately filled his head as a slight pain pricked his chest, making his heart double up its speed.

"Where the hell do you think you're taking her?!" he snapped. Walking briskly towards the walking couple, snatching the girl's free hand and yanked it towards him, making her gasp.

"What's your problem? She's with me and suddenly you popped up and snapped at me? Who are you in the first place?" Jae crossed his arms over his chest, frowning and at the same time feeling curious about the boy's relationship with Dara.

Jiyong gritted his teeth as he tightened his hold on her hand. Pressing his lips into a  line, Jiyong glared at the brown fluffy hair boy. Meanwhile, Dara tried to wriggle free but his rage was taking over him. Some people were giving a weird look and even slower their pace just to get a glimpse of what's going on with them.

"I.. I'm ..." he broke off, blinking several times. He's suddenly confused. Whether they still in relationship. Whether she had forgiven him. He believed he didn't have any right to claim her as his girlfriend anymore. Looking for encouragement or hope in Dara's eyes, he glanced at the girl beside her but she just glued her stare on the ground. She was actually waiting for his answer. Her heart was thumping wildly, anticipating and hoping that he would declare himself as her boyfriend. Unfortunately, Jiyong couldn't see it or even feel it.

Dara heaved a deep sigh when she felt him slowly let go off her hand.

'You didn't even say anything Jiyong. I gave you a chance but..'

"Jaejoong-ssi...," she paused, earning Jiyong and Jaejoong's attention."... he's just a friend. Let's go," looking up, she smiled at him, but Jaejoong had known her well. Those brown orbs never told a lie. They were in pain and seeing it making him sad too. Oh how much he wanted to rip the boy's head off but he didn't want to create a scene so he took her away with him instead, leaving Jiyong rooted on his spot, feeling defeated by himself. What a fickle boy.

Dara glanced backwards at Jiyong who's hanging his head low, as she walked away with Jaejoong.

"Who is he?" asked Jaejoong when they arrived at the backstage where he prepared himself for the sound check. Dara just shook her head and let out a faint smile.

'Maybe not now,' she thought. Jaejoong curled the corner of his mouth.

"Looks like he's one of your alien buddy. Snapping at me out of blue. Sounds like a jealous boyfriend," he snorted but failed to see Dara's widened eyes since he was busy checking on his guitar.

'Jealous? Jiyong? Jaejoong-ssi you're imagining thing.'

"Anyway, you can sit here, I won't be long," he then unfolded a folded chair and gave it to her. "And don't wander around. With this petite body of yours you'll easily get lost," he chuckled, ruffling her hair, making the girl slightly duck her head.

"I'm not that small though," she muttered under her breath. But then a smile crept on her lips. She liked how Jaejoong ruffled her hair like she was a cute puppy.

Dara patiently sat near the stage, staring at Jaejoong who's busy settling the sound and key of his guitar. She had never thought that he also joined this competition just like Jiyong and his bandmates. Unlike Jiyong though, Jaejoong was only with his guitar. She wondered what kind of song he's going to sing and how good his voice was. Whether his was better than Jiyong or not. When Jiyong's name crossed her mind, she couldn't help but to swallow the bitterness down . However, staring at Jaejoong on the stage at the moment, Dara remembered the very first time she watched Jiyong sing on stage for their school festival.

[FLASHBACK]

It was the second year. Dara was so happy when Bom asked her to go to backstage to meet her friend Kwanghee because she had known Jiyong was also there. Bom was busy talking with Kwanghee while Dara craning her neck, looking for the boy. Her smile was so bright when she spotted him standing near the backstage stairs with his bandmates, doing some stretching moves while holding his guitar to calm down his nervousness. His bandmates but he just couldn't calm down because it's his first time singing on public. He's afraid the students watching them would laugh at him or the worst, boo-hoo-ing him.

Dara who silently watched him from afar, hiding behind piles of drink crates, stiffling her chuckle.

"Fighting," she whispered, lifting her balled fist slightly.

Jiyong heaved a deep sigh when his band was called to go on stage.

"Ready? Let's rock!" Taeyang cheered as they climbed up the stairs and greeted the cheering students.

His voice was mesmerizing, making Dara walked slowly near the stairs and looked up at his side look before he turned his back. It's enough for her to see only his back for the whole performance.

It’s all about you, my Butterfly.

Every time I come close to you.

Every time I’m feeling you. Feel like I’m gonna dream every time. I get butterfly.

I inadvertently look at the sky like.

It looks so similar to your smile. It’s exceptionally dazzling ooh baby.

My day consists of our romantic drama.

It makes me cry and smile no, no, no. I can’t fall asleep .I try calling your name.

You shyly turn your head away no matter what. I like you this way, but I don’t know how to start this off.

You don’t know how much I love you.

She knew the song and she loved the lyric. Imagining Jiyong sang the song only for her, Dara felt warm sensation on her both cheeks as her heart thumping like crazy.

"Thank you!" Jiyong shouted before turning around and ready to walk back to the backstage. Maybe he was too excited to notice a girl standing in front of the stair as he descending from the stage. Blinking her eyes as she with all her strength kept her stare at the boy Dara hoped he would see her or just glanced at her. She even started to get panic when he was getting closer and closer. 'What if he smiled at me? Should I say hello? Or should I just smile?' she bit her lower lip as the thoughts drove her crazy. But none of it happened. He just walked passed her, waving his hand to his friends who were waiting for him.

Dara was disappointed but it never broke her heart because watching him from afar had been her daily activity at school. And that occasion was one of her happy memories.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

"Spacing out again. Hello, earth is calling," Jae frowned when Dara still lost in her day dream. Smiling mischievously, he bent down and planted a kiss on her cheek. Dara's eyes widened as she whipped her head to the boy whose face now painted with a wide grin.

"Yo..you. How .. how dare you!" Dara stood up and cupped her cheek.

"I don't like it when someone ignores me. So, each time you ignore me or spacing out when I'm around, I'll kiss you." Jaejoong shrugged innocently. "I'm hungry. Let's have a lunch and then I'll take you home. My treat," he said, turning around and walked gingerly with his guitar hanging loosely on his back.

"Wa.. wait!" Dara jogged her way to the boy, oblivious to his smile and blushing cheeks. It's not his first time kissing a girl's cheek but the feeling he got at the moment c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter