eight

Roommate (hiatus for a bit.. sorry :( )

My eyes fluttered open as all I could see bright lights shining down. I stood up from my position and looked around. I was still in the apartment, but I couldn’t see anyone around. I looked at the clock and it was already 10am. Holy … I’m seriously late for school. I quickly stood on my feet, but fell back down again because of the pain in my head. I looked to the table beside me and saw a small sticky note. Soori-ah, don’t go anywhere! After you collapsed yesterday, we were worried sick and brought you to the hospital. Good thing your injuries were minor though. The doctor told us that you needed some rest in order for the headache to go away. Take care of yourself and we’ll be back in a few hours. Oh! Kyungsoo cooked you some food this morning, just heat it up when you’re hungry, Yours truly, Exo. I put the sticky note back on the table and walked towards my room. I grabbed my school uniform and took quick shower. I looked at the mirror and saw the scars on my forehead. They were really big and wide. I covered it with a big bandage and went out to prepare my breakfast. Instead of eating what Kyungsoo cooked for me, I took a piece of bread and ate it as it is. I grabbed my bag and wore my shoes before heading to school.

 

As I arrived at school, I’m fully aware that it’s the last 10 minutes till lunch. I walked towards humanities and barged in without knocking. Queen Elizabeth was then sent to prison by her own sister and wa- Oh, Ms. Dae! Why are you SO late this morning. The teacher said as she stopped her lesson. Te rest of he class looked at me as the girls chuckled. I could see that the guys were shocked and really pissed. Uh, I woke up a little late I guess? I said as I walked towards my sea. The teacher shook her head as she continued on with her lesson. One of the purposely girls left her foot out on the side to make me trip, but I accidently stepped on it. She squealed and cursed. I chuckled a bit and continued walking to my seat. I ignored the angry glares from the 8 idiots beside me and continued to pay attention at the teacher for 3 more minutes.

 

When the bell rang, I quickly grabbed my bag and head outside before any of the guys catch me. unfortunately, I bumped into Kris who was heading the opposite way. Sorry I- Soori?! The are doing at school?!? He asked, clearly as pissed as the other guys were. Why shouldn’t I be in school? I need education! And my parents paid a lot for me to get here. I said, trying to reason with him. The last part of my statement wasn’t true since I got a scholarship to go to this school. They accepted me because all my grades except for math was exceptionally high. That’s not an excuse to go school when you were just hit by rocks yesterday! Kris explained, his stare piercing through my skin. I looked up and stared back at him. For a moment there, we were having a starring showdown. Before I could reply his statement, the rest of the guys came out from the classroom and stopped when they saw Kris and I starring forcefully at each other. Yah! Are you ing crazy??!! You’re ing sick and you go to ing school, even though we told you to stay home?! Kyungsoo exclaimed as he pulled towards him, breaking the intense starring between Kris and me. Don’t expect to stay at home on a ing school day! I need my ing education and stupid headaches won’t get in the way?! I yelled back. Students in the hallways were looking at us, so Junmyeon dragged both of us out to the garden, along with the rest of Exo. Soori-ah, we told you to stay home! You’re still injured! Do you want that headache to worsen? Luhan said softly. It’s just scars and headaches! Believe me, I’ve gone through worse. I said. What do you mean worse? Xiumin asked, stepping forward. None of your business worse. Now if you excuse me, I need to talk with some teachers. I said as I turned around and walked away. Before I could take 3 steps, Chen grabbed my hand and asked if he could come with. I shrugged and continued walking while my hand was still in his. See ya later guys! Chen yelled to the others as he tried to catch up with my pace.

 

As we arrived in our next class, I quickly took a seat in my usual corner and looked out the window. Soori-ah, I think you should’ve listened to the hyungs. We are really worried about you! He said softly as he took a seat beside me. Why should you? I just met you guys a couple of days ago, and to me, you’re still strangers. I said coldly, annoyed at the previous conversation. Strangers that love you. Chen said cheekily. I chuckled a bit and turned towards him. Seriously. Strangers aren’t suppose to love each other, they should know each other first before revealing their feelings. I said, eyes on him. Well, we don’t do that here. Exo reveals everything to someone they trust, even though we just met the a couple days ago. You look like someone who is calm and trustworthy, though fragile and sensitive at the same time. You’re not emotional, but you’re phlegmatic. You’re not like the other girls here who just care about their faces and love us like we’re some kind of stuffed animals. You treat us like normal beings, and that is why we see you as a little sister. When you force fed Lay hyung the other day, I saw the way you defended him and squeezed a thanks at the end. You care about people, but you don’t show it. You’re zombie like outside, but so warm and caring inside. Chen ended with a big squeeze on my shoulders. Deep dude, deep. I said as I pat his back. Soori! Get away from her you e hyung! Kai and Sehun said as they pulled Chen out of his seat. Yah, what were you doing with her you creep? Luhan said, his eyes shining with anger. God, nothing! I was just making her feel better by telling her some stuff about why we like her! Chen exclaimed happily. Luhan looked at me for reassurance, and I gave him a smile. Luhan walked towards me and back hugged me. You idiot, you’re sick! Can’t you take better care of yourself? He said as he buried his face on my shoulder. Sehun and Kai suddenly pushed him away and hugged me. Do not touch her hyung! You’re the same as Chen hyung, a e by heart.  They said, earning a kick from the 2 hyungs. Before we could continue, the bell rang which signaled that lunch was over. Kris, Kai, and Chanyeol needed to go to their next class which was across from this room, while the others have the same class as me. Kyungsoo pulled Sehun and Kai away, and seated next to m.

 

When schools ended, the guys left Kyungsoo and me alone. They had to go home since there were some errands they needed to take care of. They told Kyungsoo to take care of me and if I got home with more injuries, they will murder him. Kyungsoo told me to go home with him, since he thinks that I will be attacked again. Hey, I need to go the toilet for a minute. Wait here and don’t move. He said as he ran to the toilet, leaving me alone near the lockers. Suddenly, a group of girls crowded over me. Did you or didn’t you get the message yesterday Soori? A girl with bobbed hair said. Did you? I asked, pointing at the girl who had bandages over her nose. The girls walked closer to me and I could feel my back against the lockers. We can do worse you know, we might even kill you! But we won’t since we’re not that cruel. One of them said. So, attacking me with rocks isn’t cruel? Let’s make a deal shall we. If you leave exo alone, we’ll stop beating you around. If you don’t, each day in this school will be a living nightmare for you. The girls with the broken nose said. Not in a million years, es. I smirked. The girls with the broken nose pushed me further into the lockers and raised her hand. Before she could slap me, Kyungsoo grabbed her hand and pushed it away. He walked in front of me and guarded me. What the do you heads think you’re doing? He asked, his voice full of anger. N-nothing oppa. We were j-just- Kyungsoo pushed the forcefully. If you ever touch her again, I will make sure that you will be humiliated for the rest of your lived. He said and he grabbed my wrist and walked away. When we got out of the school gates, he pulled into a hug. Are you okay??? Did they hurt you or anything? He asked, clearly panicked. I muffled some words into his chest. Oops, sorry. He said as he loosed his grip. I’m fine, they didn’t do anything. I said as I smiled up at him. How can you still smile after that?! He asked, clearly very worried. That’s just how I roll, I guess. I said as I took my phone out of my pocket. There were 2 messages from my mom, asking how I was. I sent her a quick response and looked back at Kyungsoo. You should’ve called me out. A simple ‘oppa’ was enough. He teased. I will never call you oppa, ever. I said as I teased back. Let’s see about that. He said, too quiet for me to hear. From now on, we’ll be going home like this. You with me or the other guys, never alone, okay? He said, looking straight at me. I gave him a small nod, as we started to walk.

 

I noticed that our hands were suddenly intertwined and stopped. Kyungsoo, my hand? I asked, looking at our intertwined fingers. It’s freezing Soori. Let it be. He said as he we started to walk again, hand in hand. 

Soosoo fluuuuuuuuuuffffffff... hohohoho. Enjoy guys! and don't forget to comment and subscribe! 

- fishieeeh <3