twenty seven

Roommate (hiatus for a bit.. sorry :( )

When we arrived at the apartment, the guys said they wanted to sleep over and watch a new horror movie that had just came out. Junmyeon had already bought the DVD and brought it over since everyone else but me knew that they were going to sleep over. I briskly walked over to my room and shut the door. I threw my things down and jumped on the bed. My room was the perfect temperature and the bed was comfy. Too bad it was still too early to go the bed. The sun hasn’t even come down yet! I could here the loud noises the guys were making. They were arguing on who were to sleep where and Kyungsoo clearly told them to just go home. Of course, 3 of them barged into my room. Soori! Help us decide where to sleep! Sehun whined. There’s plenty of space around here! Decide for yourself, I’m tired. I said, burying my head into the sheets. Hyung keeps yelling at us that there’s no space and that we should just go home! Tao said as he leaned against the door. Well maybe you guys should just listen to him and leave me alone. I said, keeping my head down. Three of them didn’t take my advice and walked towards the bed. You seriously want us to go? Sehun pouted as he took my hand. Just as our hands were interwined, I pulled it away immedietly. I looked up and saw Sehun starring at me with his sad eyes and pout. How could anyone say no to this kid?! Aish… Fine. Just wait for me outside while I change. I said, slowly getting up from the bed. Their faces lighetened up and they skipped to where the rest of the guys were.

 

After changing my clothes, I went out of my room and saw the guys sitting comfortably around the TV. You! Come here and help me with these idiots! Kyungsoo yelled, pointing at my direction. I rolled my eyes and walked to an empty space between Kris and Lay. Can’t half of you sleep with Kyungsoo and the half with me? Isn’t it easier that way? I asked, leaning to Lay. That’s what we’ve been telling that doe-eyed jerk for the last half hour. Baekhyun exclaimed. No one’s sleeping in my room or yours! They’re our guests so they should sleep in the living room. Kyungsoo stubbornly said. All of the guys gave him a look. But they’re our friends. There’s no problem with any of them sleeping in my room. I said, making the guys all cheer. See hyung! Soori’s so MUCH nicer than you! Kai said as he poked Kyungsoo’s head. Kyungsoo hit Kai on the back and turned to me. Aren’t you scared they’ll turn into es at night and attack you?!?! Kyungsoo exaggerated, making the others irritated. Kyungie dear, we are NOT going to do that! She’ll kick our asses before we can even attack her. Chanyeol exclaimed, making everyone nod. We continued to argue until everyone’s stomachs started to rumble. Let’s just have dinner and continue this later! I’m hungry! Minseok exclaimed as he stood up from the couch. The others agreed and walked to the dining table.

Uh guys, I don’t think we can eat tonight. Chen said nervously, making everyone look at him. Usually, I wouldn’t care since I don’t really like dinner, but living with these guys made me love dinner!  Out of all of us, I was the first to run to the kitchen. Kyungsoo and Chen were just leaning over the kitchen table and starring at the empty fridge. I looked inside and only saw a small pack of kimchi and a 6-pack soda. The others eventually walked in and we starred lifelessly at the empty fridge. Hyung~ I’m freaking hungry! Kai yelled as he let out a frustrated sigh. Let’s just eat outside. I said, finally leaving the kitchen. I’ll pay~. Junmyeon said as he followed me to the living room. Instead of agreeing, the guys started to whine. No~! We wanna eat here!! They all whined.  Then just order takeout for crying out loud! Kyungsoo said annoyed. Takeout food is full of unhealthy things! Homemade food is better hyung! Sehun whined.

 

I looked towards Kyungsoo and saw his eyes closed. His hands were balled up into fists and he was taking slow deep breaths. He looked seriously pissed. I let out a sigh and walked to the front door. I took my coat off the coat hanger and wore it. I put on a pair of short ugg boots my parents got me last Christmas and wore my scarf. I grabbed the green beanie Kyungsoo gave me and put it on. It’s around negative 8 Celsius out there, and I’ve got enough hot packs to cover my body. Yah, where do you think you’re going? Kyungsoo asked as the others looked my way. You’re not leaving us again are you? Baekhyun asked slowly as he stood up, preparing to grab me if I run. Fine! We’ll eat outside! Just don’t leave. Sehun said as he came closer. The other guys were also starting to get cautious and stood up. I rolled my eyes at how worried they were. Guys, chill. Since most you wanna to eat homemade food, I’ll go to the nearest supermarket and get some meat to cook. I said as I shoved one hot pack in each boot. All of them sighed and chuckled at how exaggerating they sounded. So, I’m just gonna get meat, veggies, and snacks okay? I said as I walked out of the door, not letting them answer.

 

As I walked out of the apartment building, the freezing sharp wind blew through my bones. This isn’t -8, it’s freaking -20! The wind wasn’t showing any mercy since it just blew harsher and harsher. The hot packs weren’t helping either. I stopped for a while to remember the new supermarket that opened just a couple of days ago. I couldn’t properly open my eyes since the wind was so sharp. I started walking again and followed my instincts.

 

After 5 minutes of mindless walking, I started to feel really tired and cold. I opened my phone and saw 3 messages from Kyungsoo and 1 message from Junmyeon. I felt really stupid for forgetting to wear gloves in this kind of weather. My hands were shivering as they opened each message. As I kept reading the messages, I felt a hand touch my shoulder. The area was really dark and there was little to no people walking here. I prepared to judo chop the person behind me, but he turned me around before I could do that. Y-you idiot. Kyungsoo said as he panted. Behind him were Junmyeon and Luhan who were also panting hard. Couldn’t you wait for us?! Are crazy to go out on the streets alone at this time of day?! Don’t you know the risks?!? Kyungsoo yelled as he held my wrist tightly. Can’t you just relax!? It’s still 6:30pm. There’s nothing to worry about! I exclaimed as I yanked my hand away. And you’re not even wearing gloves! Don’t you know how cold it is!? Kyungsoo yelled again, which made some passerby look at us. Yah, stop yelling idiot. People are looking. Luhan said as he pushed both of us forward. What do you mean people are looking? There’s barely anyone here! Kyungsoo yelled again, which made Junmyeon hit his head.

 

We walked back to where the apartment was and stopped to rest. Why are we back? I thought we were supposed to buy food? I asked as I blew hot air into my hands. We’re back because the area we just left had no supermarkets or whatsoever.  The area we were from was a dark place Soori. You should never go there alone. It’s full of bad guys. Junmyeon said. Yeah. You could’ve been killed, kidnapped, , and many other things. Luhan said as he ruffled my hair. If you were looking for a supermarket, you should’ve turned left. Kyungsoo said, pointing to wear many lights were. I looked to where he was pointing and saw the giant supermarket lights. How could I not see that before? I’m such an idiot. But how did you find me? I asked as I started to walk to the supermarket. We asked some people near here if they’ve seen a midget wearing brown boots and a green beanie. Kyungsoo answered as he and the other to guys started walking too. I stopped in my tracks and gave him a glare. I am not a midget you jerk. And my boots aren’t brown, they’re hazelnut. I said as I continued to walk. What do you mean you’re not a midget? You’re the same height as a 7th grader! Kyungsoo teased, making me annoyed. Yah, what kind of 7th grader is 163cm tall idiot? Luhan asked as he slung his arm around me. Junmyeon and I let out a chuckle as Kyungsoo playfully hit Luhan. Hyung, you’re ruining my thunder. Kyungsoo whined as he pulled Luhan to me. Junmyeon slung his arm around me and laughed at their cuteness. Awww, how cute. I totally ship you guys. I said, making Junmyeon chuckle. The both of them stopped hugging each other and pulled away. Soori-ah, we are not gay. At least I’m not. Luhan said as he pulled me away from Junmyeon. Yah! I’m not gay either! I love women! Kyungsoo quickly defended. Junmyeon and I let out a laugh as we reunited. Whatever, Hansoo. We said in unison as we walked further, leaving Luhan and Kyungsoo behind.

When we arrived in the supermarket, Luhan and I quickly grabbed a cart and pushed our way into the meat section. We bought some pork belly, Korean beef, sodas, snacks, kimchi, eggs, flour, seasonings, and cake! Junmyeon decided to pay for everything since we all ‘forgot’ to bring our wallets. I carried the meats while the others carried he heavy items. We all prepared ourselves for the cold and stepped outside. Why does it have to be so freaking cold! It’s just 7:30pm and it’s already this cold. Imagine how cold it’ll be in a few hours. Junmyeon ranted. I covered my mouth and nose with my scarf and even put some extra hot packs in my beanie. Kyungsoo was wearing our ‘couple’ beanies and it seems like he put some hot packs in them too. Luhan, who behind us since he was too cold to walk faster, noticed out matching beanies. Aw, you guys. Matching beanies? How cute. Green and red is the perfect combination~ Luhan said, making Kyungsoo and I turn around. I was 100% sure that my face was red and hid it by looking away. You’re so annoying hyung. Kyungsoo said as he looked away too. His face was just as red as mines.

 

Luhan fastened his speed and walked towards Junmyeon who was leading. He told us he’s giving us ‘privacy’ to do whatever we wanted. Kyungsoo and I gave him a kick before he was too far from us. The apartment was still 7 minutes away and the air started to get colder and colder. I shoved my empty hand inside my coat pocket that contained a hot pack. Unfortunately, the hot pack wasn’t hot anymore. I started to walk slowly because my hands were freezing. I was sure that in a matter of minutes, they’d freeze and break.

 

Kyungsoo noticed my slow pace and constant shivering. He remembered that I was too stupid to not wear gloves and waited until I reached him. You’re such an idiot for not wearing gloves. He said as he followed my slow pace. You don’t have to remind me again. I muttered, my voice shaking along with my body. Do you want to use mine? He asked, offering me his hands. I pushed them back away and shook my head. It’s o-okay. You need them too anyways. I said as I squeezed my hand tighter to make it warm somehow. Kyungsoo let out a small sigh and took my hand. He squeezed it and brought it up to his face. He lowered hi scarf with his other hand and blew on it. Is it getting warmer? He asked, blowing harder and harder. My heart started to beat faster and I looked away. My face was getting warmer from the contact. I nodded shyly as I tried to pull my hand away. He tightened his grip and shoved our hands in his coat pocket. I could feel that there was a hot pack inside. It’s warm right? He asked as he held on tighter. I gave him a big smile and squeezed his hand, making him blush. You know, you didn’t need to do blow on my hands. Your pocket’s much warmer. I said, leaning into him.

 

But I wanted to. He said, too soft for my ears to hear. 

 

I was lucky to have time to update today~ So much home work and exams! URGHHHH. Hope you guys enjoy this chapter! And thanksk for the 90+ subscribers~ you're the best! 

- fishieeeh