twenty three

Roommate (hiatus for a bit.. sorry :( )

Exo was running all around the city, searching for Soori, but they couldn’t find her. They stopped at a park near the apartment and collapsed on the benches. Where is she!? There’s now way she went into the main streets because she doesn’t even know the area! Baek cried, resting is head on Chanyeol’s shoulder. We called her like a million times and she’s not picking the Goddamn phone! She’s not even replying to the thousands of messages we sent! Kris yelled, frustrated as he buried his face in his hands. We’ve been searching for 3 hours and there’s a possibility that she’s probably in the apartment right? Junmyeon suggested, trying to be positive. She’s not that stupid! if she wants to avoid us, the apartment is her last option! Kyungsoo yelled, frustrated. Let’s just give it a shot hyung, who knows she’s there asleep. Kai said, standing up. And it’s getting dark too. Luhan said, helping Kyungsoo up. The guys walked slowly to the apartment, hoping that Soori’s in her room asleep.

 

They walked inside the apartment and saw no lights. Minseok the living room and kitchen lights while a couple of they went to Soori’s room to check if she was there. They slowly opened the door and peeked inside. Luhan the lights and saw that the bed was untouched, her school bag was missing, and so were her shoes. .

 

Is she there? Kyungsoo asked, running to their side. No. Sehun replied softly. Seriously? Where can she be! There’s no way she ran all the way to her parents’. Kyungsoo said, sighing on the sofa. The guys took their coats of and sat down. She’s probably just calming herself down. She would return soon. Kris said, taking a bottle of water from the fridge. Kyungsoo stood up and went to the kitchen. He harshly opened the drawers to cook dinner as he remembered who caused her roommate to run away. That is seriously getting on my nerves. Who gave her the rights to make someone feel so worthless?!? She’s the worthless one! If Soori doesn’t come home, I swear I’ll kill her. Kyungsoo angrily stated as he took out the dinner ingredients. Jimin is such a heartless low-life ! Soori is probably freezing her out there because of that heartless . Kris angrily said as he sat down on the sofa. Let’s just hope Soori will come home guys and I’m sure she will. And if she does, we need to tell her how much she means to us. Chen said as he walked to the kitchen to help Kyungsoo out.

 

It was already 7pm and I don’t know where to go. There was no way I could go home or to my parent’s house. I don’t have anyone else in the city and there’s nowhere I could sleep. I had about enough money to last for a day’s worth of food and my water bottle’s still full. As I walked across a small alleyway, I remember that it was the same alleyway Kyungsoo and I walked through. The music was blasting so loud and drunk people were everywhere, even though it was a working day. Since I was still wearing my uniform, old the old drunk men were looking at me like I was some prey. I fastened my pace and got out of the alleyway without any of them chasing after me. I kept wondering around to find a place to sleep and remembered that the park near the apartment had a small secret bench in the center. No one really goes there so why not?

 

I arrived in the park no later than 8 and got to the secret bench. The area was covered with bushes and trees so no one would find me. I placed my bag on the side and took my phone out. There was about 60 missed calls and 186 messages. I opened them all and every message contained the same writing. ‘Where are you??? Stop running and comeback! We’re worried!’ Yeah right, worried my . What Jimin said was true and there is no way I am burdening you guys again. I took out my portab. le charger and charged my phone. I tried my best to make myself warm and fell asleep.

 

It has been four days since I didn’t come home. Exo was worries and some of them lost of hope of me returning, or even alive. Hyung! It’s been 4 days and she hasn’t come back! Something wrong must’ve happen! Baekhyun panicked. He has been worried sick and would always panic every hour. The other guys were also worried and they had only little sleep. Kyungsoo on the other hand was loosing his mind. He wouldn’t eat, he wouldn’t sleep, and he just kept searching for her. The 3 maknaes couldn’t stop crying, especially Tao. Luhan was also loosing his mind and was only sane when Minseok told him that she was okay. Kris and Junmyeon kept blaming Jimin in school and it made them more pissed since she thought everything was a joke and I was missing so that I could get attention. Chen made an excuse to the school that I was really sick and he seemed the most calm, even though my disappearance was breaking him internally. Jimin must’ve done something to her! That I will ing kill her?! Kris raged. Chanyeol pushed Kris back down to the sofa and told him to calm down.

 

At about 2 in the afternoon, Kyungsoo’s phone rang and it was from an unknown number. He was scarred that it would be kidnappers calling for ransom, but he picked it up anyways. Hello? Yes, this is Do Kyungsoo. Police? W-what’s wrong? Guardian? Um, he’s here. Want to talk to him? Okay. Kyungsoo passed his phone to Kris. It’s the police, they want to talk to you. He said, giving him the phone. What is it about? Kris asked, hesitant to take the call. I told you something bad happened!!! Baekhyun yelled as he buried his face into Chanyeol’s shoulder. Chanyeol told him to calm down and wait for the police to talk. Is this the guardian? Well, we found a girl asleep on a park bench. She’s about 17 and her uniform belongs to Seoul High. We didn’t want to wake her up since her face was very pale and took her to the hospital. We looked through her phone and found your friend’s number. Her name is Soori? The police said, making Kris drop Kyungsoo’s phone. H-hyung, what the hell is w-wrong? Kyungsoo asked, scared that something really bad has happened. Everyone looked at him and they all had a worried expression. The police found her. They found Soori.

 

Exo drove to the nearest police station as fast as they could. Kyungsoo, who couldn’t wait for the car to stop, got out of the car before it reached the gates of the station. The guys quickly followed leaving Kris to park the car. They found an officer on duty and ran to him. E-excuse me, but do you happen t-to have a high school g-girl here? We were called earlier i-informing us that our frie- s-sister was here. Kyungsoo said. If he had said friend, they would’ve called her parents and would make things worse. Oh yes, she’s in room number 8. He said, pointing to the room. They all bowed to him and ran to the room. Did you say we’re her brothers? Luhan asked. If I didn’t we wouldn’t get to see her. I said, grabbing the door knob. But we don’t even look alike. One is handsomer than the other. 4 is Chinese, 8 is Korean, and the other is half Canadian. Sehun said. I rolled my eyes as I opened the door.

 

My uniform was crumpled, my hair was a mess, my face was as pale as paper, and I seemed lighter than before. The police and I were asking me questions and offering me some food when the door burst open, revealing 12 worried guys. S-Soori… Kyungsoo said as his eyes softened. Before he could step in, the 3 maknaes squeezed themselves in and hugged me as tight as I can. Our little sister~~!!! Where the hell were you!!? Kai and Sehun both cried. Mei-mei, why didn’t you come home?! Tao said, crying even harder than them. As soon as they hugged me, I forced myself to push them off. Oh, are you guys her brothers that I talked to on the phone with earlier? The police asked. Seriously, brothers? They don’t even look like me. I was about to deny that fact, but Minseok covered my mouth. Yes we are. We’re her adopted brothers you see. Thank you so much for finding her. She’s been missing for 4 days. Kris said as he shook the officer’s hand. Well, you can call us lucky. We found her asleep on a park bench and she looked as if she was dying. We checked her into the hospital and they told us that she was dehydrated. You guys may bring her home and please take care of her. The officer said as he opened the door for us. We all said thank you and walked to Kris’s car.

 

They all got in and waited for me to get in. Come on Soori, let’s go home and get you all cleaned up. Luhan said as he grabbed my hand. I pulled away and stepped back. You’re not running again. We won’t let you. Chanyeol said as he got a firm grip on my hand. Can’t you just leave me alone? Or dive me back to my parents’? I pleaded. No, we are bringing you back to the apartment. Kris said, starting up his car. I don’t even fit in your car. I scoffed, looking inside and seeing no seats available. Kyungsoo, who sat on the front, opened the door and pulled me in. He closed the door and had a firm grip on my waist, making my face turn a bright shade of pink. His face was too, but he hid it by looking away. Let go. I whispered, trying to pry his hand off. Not gonna happen again. He whispered, tightening his grip. Okay, let’s go! Kris said as he started to drive back home.