twenty nine

Roommate (hiatus for a bit.. sorry :( )

The next day, the guys, including Kyungsoo, had something to do they left me alone. Kyungsoo said he needed to do some thing at school and asked me if I wanted to tag along, but I was too sleepy to do so.  Since there wasn’t any homework or just work in general today, I was bored. I flipped through random channels, hoping something good will come up. I kept looking at my phone from time to time to see if there were any new messages regarding dad’s condition. Unfortunately, there was nothing.

 

It’s already been 2 hours since they left, and Kyungsoo has not returned. It’s already 1:30pm and there weren’t any good shows on the TV. Aside from that, I was also hungry. If I cook myself a meal, I might burn this place down. I can only bake, not cook.

 

My stomach couldn’t stop growling and it was getting harder to suppress my hunger. There was no way I would wait for Kyungsoo any longer and decided to go out and eat lunch outside. I ran to my room and changed into some shorts and a sweater. I grabbed my wallet near the bed and closed the door behind me.

 

The weather outside was quiet nice and the air was at a perfect temperature. I didn’t really know where I was going since the only place I knew was the market. I remembered to not go to the dark alleyway like last time and took a bus to the center of the city. Since I had nothing to do today, I would try to take a tour around the city for a while. It was a 20-minute drive until I arrived to the busy streets of central Seoul. Clothing shops were everywhere and food stands too. My eyes kept wondering around the thousands of shops that lay ahead. This is going to be so much fun!

 

After half an hour of getting lost and pushed around from place to place, I sat on a bench near a small park. There were less people around, but the shops kept lining up. I couldn’t find a place to eat because they were all either full or too expensive. My stomach couldn’t stop growling and I was on the verge of tears. Standing up from the bench, I turned around and accidently bumped into someone’s chest. I muttered a quiet sorry and continued to walk, but the guy grabbed my wrist and turned me around. Dae Soori? A familiar voice said as I looked up. Do Kyungsoo? I said as he rolled his eyes. What are you doing here? Are you alone? He asked as he let go of my wrist. I was just waiting for a certain someone to come back home and cook me food. But since he hasn’t, I’m finding myself some lunch. And yes, I’m alone. I said, giving him a sarcastic smile. Jeez, sorry. I was just about to go home from the meeting. He said as he returned my sarcastic smile. Well, okay then. See you later! I said and walked away. And for the second time today, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back. You can’t walk alone. You’ll get lost. And you don’t know any good restaurants here.  He said. So what? By getting lost, I’ll get a chance to explore the city. And I’m not hungry anymore. I said. My plan of leaving him backfired when my stomach growled, loud enough for the whole world to hear. If you’re not hungry, then why did your stomach growl? He smirked and looked down at me. Before I could say anything, he dragged me out of the quiet area and into the main streets.

 

The streets were so crowded that I had to stay really closed to Kyungsoo. My body was literally sticking on his as we tried to find a restaurant. There’s a good ramen place around here. You wanna eat there? He asked. My mood went up by 200% and happily nodded. After 10 more minutes of walking and squishing, we finally arrived at Ramen World, a small ramen restaurant near another park. The women in the front greeted us and led both of us to a table. I quietly sat down and started flipping through the menu. The waiter came up to us and took our orders. I decided to eat Tsukumi ramen and Kyungsoo ordered a kimchi ramen. The waiter came back with a jug of cold ocha and poured some in our cup. After we ate our ramens, Kyungsoo quickly paid for us and dragged me out of the restaurant.

 

Hey, what time is it? Kyungsoo asked as he held my hand. I showed him my phone as we walked slowly around the city. It was still 4:00pm, and I didn’t feel like going back home. Kyungsoo. I said, earning a simple hum from him. Let’s go to Namsan tower. I happily said. Kyungsoo stopped and starred at me. I’ve never been to Seoul and since you’re here, you can be my tour guide. I said as we walked towards a bus stop. Fine, but you owe me one. He replied as we got in the bus.

 

We arrived at the site and took a cable car to go up. Kyungsoo was a bit hesitant when he got on. He kept sticking on the corners of the cable car, although there was a lot of space. When the car shook a bit, he flinched and held onto the railings tighter. I suspected that he was scared of heights. Kyung, you okay? I asked, putting a hand on his shoulder. He turned his back on me and slightly nodded. And for the rest of the ride up, I kept my hand on his shoulder in order to give him some comfort.

 

When we finally arrived at the top, Kyungsoo quickly got out, followed by me. we weren’t at the very top yet, but the view was still amazing. I took some pictures and selfies with the view. Kyungsoo was also taking pictures and noticed me taking selfies. He walked up to me and dragged me to a nice spot to take pictures. He opened his phone and held it up high to take a selfie. I got closer to him in order for my face to be in the screen and smiled. His arm was wrapped around my shoulders and smiled for the camera. We took a couple of selfies before Kyungsoo put his phone away. Wow, I didn’t know you liked to take selfies Kyung. I teased. Well, the view was pretty and the person I took selfies with was even prettier. He teased back, making me cringe but flustered too. Oh, stop flattering me oppa. I said, making him blush. Oh, revenge was sweet.

 

As we were walking towards the elevator to go up, Kyungsoo dragged me to an ice cream vendor.  Can I get one strawberry and one mint chip please? He asked as he took his wallet out. The ahjumma gave me the ice cream as he paid for it. You guys are such a sweet couple. She sweetly smiled. I was about to say something when Kyungsoo interrupted me. Why thank you. My jagi here is cute right? He said, pinching both of my cheeks. I cringed at his sudden movement and tone of voice. The ahjumma nodded and gave a smile. We both said thank you and walked away. When we were far from the ice cream vendor, I shoved his arms off my shoulders and glared at him. What the hell was that?! I asked, still shocked from his sudden sweetness. He smirked at me and shrugged. I rolled my eyes and tsrated walking inside the tower.

 

We bought 2 tickets and went inside the elevator. It only took a short time until we reached the top. I was the first to step out and ran to the edge of the railings. My eyes glistened at the view. I could see the beautiful night-lights from here! The view was so beautiful that I ignored Kyungsoo calling me. I took out my phone and snapped pictures of the view. If someone saw my face right now, they could tell that I was extremely happy right now. Kyungsoo on the other hand looked at me weirdly but had a smile on his face. The sky was already dark by now and the view from up here was amazing. As I lowered my gaze, I could see padlocks all around the railings. I was confused since it looked odd, but cute. I turned my face to Kyungsoo and pointed at the locks. Yah, why are there padlocks here? Is it supposed to be like this or what? I asked. People by padlocks from that store over there and they write messages on them. Then they lock it on the railings. People say that the things we write on the padlocks will come true. He explained.

 

I let the information sink in for a while and new exactly what to do. I ran to the store that sold padlocks and bought a couple pad lock since the individual locks were much more expensive. After paying for it, I ran back to Kyungsoo who was leaning on the railings. Yah! Don’t lean! You’ll fall! I said, pulling him to me. I’m not going to fall stupid. It’s safe. He retorted. I rolled my eyes and gave him one of the couple locks. You bought one for me? He asked, shock covering his face. Of course! And it was a couple set so I had no choice. I answered while writing a message on the lock. We both were careful about what to write and took our time. Kyungsoo was done first and he waited for me to be done writing. My message was simple.

 

I hope that dad regains his health and that I would never be alone. Exo will always be there for me… I hope. And I always want Do Kyungsoo by my side.

 

I chuckled at myself for such a cheesy message. Especially the last part.

 

Kyungsoo found a spot where there were not a lot of padlocks. I made sure to not let him see my message and locked it. Kyungsoo did the same and left a satisfied smile as he did it. It’s already late now. Let’s go home. He said as he offered his hand for me to grab it. I smiled at him and took his hand. But before we went to the cable cars, Kyungsoo told me he needed to go to the toilet and left me alone near a bench. I looked around and saw little to no people around. The air was getting colder and I cursed at myself for not wearing longer pants.

 

While I waited for Kyungsoo to come back, I opened my phone and saw a message from my mom.

 

8:39pm Honey, the doctor said your father’s condition isn’t as stable as we hoped it would be. Please keep praying for him. Be safe, love you.

 

My heart sank when I read the message. There’s a possibility that I might loose my dad and I can’t do anything about it. It hurts my heart to see him like this, but I can’t think negatively. He’s going to be okay and I know it.

 

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulders. I thought it was Kyungsoo, so I turned around with a smile on my face. Instead of the dark big orbs I was used to seeing, my eyes met with an unfamiliar pair of eyes. I leaned back and studied him. I’ve never seen him before, so why is he here? Just as I was about to ask him who he was, he squeezed my shoulder. Are you alone here missy? It’s cold out here, but my place’s is much much warmer. I quickly stood up and backed away from he. Don’t run away baby. He said/ his breath smelled like alcohol and he was all wobbly. There was no one around so it didn’t matter if I screamed for help. Where the hell is that Kyungsoo!  I looked around once more, but there was still no signs of Kyungso0. I was about to run away when the guy grabbed my arm and pulled me close. Let’s just go to my place and have some fun. His hand was slowly rubbing my thighs and I couldn’t move. I closed my eyes and hoped that somehow it was all a dream or that someone would come and save me. I could feel his hands going up and down my thighs as I tried to push him away.

 

 All of a sudden, my body was turned around and my face was buried in someone else’s chest. Don’t you ing touch her you ing bastard. A familiar voice said. I looked up and saw Kyungsoo glaring at the guy while using his arms to hug me. Why do you even care? I found her first. The guy said as he swung from side to side. She’s my ing girlfriend you piece of . I will report you to the police if you don’t go now. Kyungsoo said, his tone getting darker and darker after each word. Girlfriend?!  The guy slowly backed away when he heart the word ‘police’ and ran for his life.

 

When the guy was long gone, Kyungsoo’s grip tightened. I hugged him back and tried to control my constant trembling. I’m so sorry Soori-ah. I shouldn’t have left you alone. I should’ve know better. He said, his voice also trembling. I looked up and saw his eyes squeezed shut. His face was full of regret and guilt. It’s okay Kyungsoo. He didn’t do anything. I’m fine. I said, trying to comfort him. What do you mean he didn’t do anything? I saw how his hands went up and down your thighs. Why did you have to wear shorts again!?  It’s all my fault. He said. I looked up and let go. I gave him one of my sincere smiled and squeezed his hands. Stop worrying idiot! Because of you, that guy didn’t do anything else to me. Stop blaming yourself! I tried cheering him up and pulled him towards the bale cars. His head was hung low and I could feel how guilty he must’ve felt. You’re shaking you know. Are you sure you’re okay? He asked, holding me tight. I was indeed still a bit shaken from what happened and I cringed every time I recalled what happened. It’s as if I could feel that guy’s hand caressing my thighs. Soori.. calm down. He said as he rubbed my shoulders. I looked at my hand and saw that it was trembling. I promise that no one’s ever going to do that to you again. Arasso? He said as he pulled me into a hug. I quietly nodded and tried to push that guy’s touches of my mind.

 

We got in the cable car and I kept holding his hand. Next time, I’ll bring you to the toilet with me. I’m never leaving you alone ever. He said as he looked into my eyes. I gave him a smile and nodded. We got off the cable car and took the last bus back home. Kyungsoo made me sit near the window so he could protect me and I was too sleepy to argue. When we sat, he had his arm protectively around my shoulders and it gave me warmth. I leaned to the side and kissed his cheeks. He was surprised at first, but smiled. Thanks for saving me. I said and rested my head on his shoulders. He kissed my forehead and joined me to dreamland. 

 

long update?? hehe