sixteen

Roommate (hiatus for a bit.. sorry :( )

I woke up to the feeling of warmth radiating all over my body. My eyes almost popped out seeing how Kyungsoo was extremely close to me. His arms were circled around my waist and our foots were entangled with each other. I carefully go out of his embrace and ran out the door, hiding my tomato colored face. Sooner or later, Kyungsoo woke up without having any clue of what happened. I decided to keep quiet since I don’t want to make things awkward between the both of us. Our skin ship was a bit too much, but couldn’t say I disliked it. 

 

Monday came quickly and I woke up early to make breakfast. Since Kyungsoo made breakfast for the past week, I decided to make him some food so that he doesn’t have to wake up early just to feed me everyday. Morning He said, freaking me out since I didn’t see him coming out his room. I made breakfast~ I excitedly said, bringing a plate of pancakes to him. After eating, we both got out the apartment and took a bus to school.

 

We arrived in just in time for class to start. As everyone quiet down, the teacher introduced us to a new student. Anyeong Haseo, my name’s Lee Jimin. Please take care of me. She said as she bowed. I don’t know why, but I have a feeling I know her or seen her somewhere. I could feel Kyungsoo’s body tense suddenly as she introduced herself. The teacher told her to sit in one of the front seats next to Hyo Kyung. My eyes followed her until she sat down, but I couldn’t figure out who she was. I looked to the side and saw Luhan, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Lay’s face full of shock.

 

After class was over, I headed towards my locker, still thinking about the new girl. Suddenly, a pair of arms dragged me all the way to he garden. Exo was there and they all seemed panicked, including Kyungsoo who wasn’t normally like this. Soori! Baekhyun said as he caught my eyes and walked over. Did you eat yet? We brought you food. He said as he pushed me over to the bench. The guys said small hellos and continued looking worried. Luhan, who dragged me earlier, gave me a sandwich. We were all silent until Junmyeon spoke. Guys, why is she here? how did she find us!? He said panicked. How did she even find the guts to see us after what she did?! Kris said, slamming his hand on the bench. I was confused on who they were talking about. I looked at Kyungsoo and saw him stare into space. Out of everyone else, he looked at if he was the most calm, but I could see him shaking. She is not coming near us again. That witch is not coming near us! Kai said as he went to Kyungsoo and gave him a pat on the back. I was seriously confused and kept looking to each one of them. Was it the new girl?

 

I didn’t speak to any of them for the whole lunch, but we walked together to PE. After I changed, I got out, still confused about whom the guys were talking about. The new girl came out after I did and accidently bumped me. Omo! Sorry.. I didn’t see where I was going. She said, in the most disgusting tone ever. Her voice was so high pitched, that it was annoying. Her just trying to make it sound cuter adds to the grossness. This time, her voice seemed familiar too, but I just can’t figure out why. I gave her a slight nod and continued walking. I looked back and saw her calling Hyo Kyung. I could assume they were now friends.

 

Okay guys! Today, I’m going to split you guys into 2 groups and we’re going to do some running competitions. The coach said, earning a groan from everyone. We walked out to the field and was divided into 2 groups. Most of exo, except Kris and Tao were in one group with me. The new girl and Hyo Kyung were in the other group. from the start of gym, I could see the new girl starring at exo, probably because they handsome or something. I also could see both Kris and Tao feeling uneasy and fidgety. My eyes followed the new girl as she walked over to the coach, saying something to him. The coach had a confused look, but I guess she explained something to him. He carefully but hesitantly  nodded and walked over to me. Ms. Dae, do you mind switching with Ms. Bae and Ms. Lee? They said they felt as if they don’t belong in the other group. He said, a bit confused at his own words. I nodded and switched to the other group, earning a glance from the whole exo. I could see Kris and Tao sighing, but the rest of the guys became stiff.

 

We were all lined up in 2 lanes. The coach timed 2 people at a time to run and the group who had the fastest time wins. The first to go was a guy in my class and Junmyeon. OF course, Junmyeon won, making his team cheer for him. Next was Tao with Luhan. They both ran really fast and tied with each other. After 4 more people went, it was my turn and I was against the new girl. Try your best Soori, she’s really fast. Kris whispered. How does he know she’s fast? Don’t underestimate me Kris. The coach blew the whistle and I sprinted for the finish line. I ended up winning, which shocked the boys and the new girl. Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Kai cheered for me. That’s a new record Ms. Dae! Excellent job! The coach praised. I gave him a smile and went back to my group. After everyone went, we went back to gym and the coach announced the results. Kris’s team won because they had the fastest time. Their fastest runner was Soori, with only 7 seconds. She also made a new record for 50m. He said, as the class clapped, except for the new girl and Hyo Kyung.

 

After changing back to my uniform, I’ve realized that the girls were not as violent as they use to. They were a bit nicer by leaving me alone, except for Hyo Kyung and her gang. I walked out of the changing room and headed for music class. As I was halfway there, the new girl poked my shoulders. I turned around and saw her with Hyo Kyung. Hi! You’re the one that beat me earlier right? Your name’s Soori? She asked, her high-pitched voice annoying the out of me. Yeah.. I replied. She’s the girl I was talking about earlier Jimin. She’s the whose been trying to seduce exo. Hyo Kyung said as I rolled my eyes. But she’s not even that pretty! She looked a bit better when she was younger though! Jimin replied, forgetting my presence. No way! She’ll always look horrible! Hyo Kyung said, earning a chuckle from Jimin. At least my voice isn’t as annoying and gross as yours. I said with a yawn. Hyo Kyung covered her hand with and Jimin’s eyes grew bigger. You’re so different now Soori. Last time I checked, people thought you were mute. Jimin said, flicking her hair. What do mean? I don’t even know you. Don’t pretend that you know me, cause it’s getting annoying. I said, turning around and walked away.

 

Don’t you remember me Dae Soori? Don’t you remember, mute duckling? She said, loud enough for only the three of us to hear. I stopped walking for a moment, processing what she said.

 

Mute duckling…. My old nickname. 

 

:)