nineteen

Roommate (hiatus for a bit.. sorry :( )

Kyungsoo woke up with his arms around Soori. His face became red, but he didn’t want to let go. Since they had school, he was forced to let go and wake her up. They both took a shower and got ready for school. After eating breakfast, they head to the bus top and took a bus to school like always.

 

Hyung! Soori! You came! Sehun said as he came down from a small tree near the school. The others looked back and saw us happily walking. They all ran to us and asked us if we were okay. Kyungsoo replied with a simple nod, while I just gave them a smile. We walked all the way to our classes together before going to our seats. As Kyungsoo. Luhan, and I were talking, Jimin and her gang walked in. She met my eyes, and I simply looked away, ignoring her. Kyungsoo did the same when she stared at him. Luhan looked to the front and looked away pissed when he saw Jimin. How does she even live with such evil and guilt?! Luhan said, frustrated.

 

The rest of the week continued with both Kyungsoo and I trying our best to avoid Jimin. Exo always accompanied me everywhere, since they’re ‘scared’ that Jimin will attack me any second. Wherever I go, there’s at least one guy accompanying me. They all suggested that Luhan would be the one to accompany me to the toilet every time since he looks feminine. He got mad at firs since we called him girly, but agreed since he wants to protect me the most. Even when I was in the girls changing room, a member would always stand by the front door. Kyungsoo and I always were together when we walked in the hallways because of the promise we made. Even though the other girls were jealous, they slowly gave up on Kyungsoo and gave their attention to another member, except for Hyo Kyung and her people. Up till this day, they all thought that they fully guarded me, but they were wrong. Jimin and Hyo Kyung would always find a time and way to get to me. The other day, the teacher told me to bring some stuff to the basement and I was caught by them there. They cursed and said lots of insults to me. They made a mess of the items in needed to put in the basement and gave me some light scars. I was also locked in the basement for an hour, but the security heard me yelling and opened the basement door. Exo asked me where I was for an hour and I just told them that I needed to talk to some teachers. There was no way I would burden them any more.

 

It was a Friday and the last 2 classes were cooking. Surprisingly, the whole exo took cooking class because they were scared of the machines in woodshop. There was about 12 girls in class, 6 of them were Jimin and her friends.

Today, the teacher told us that we were going to bake macaroons. Children, this is a very difficult recipe to make. One wrong step and you’ll ruin the whole thing. She said as she passed out the instructions. This was an individual task and it was graded. I’ve made macaroons only once in my life, which was with my mom in the US, but I forgot everything. I read the instructions and realized how it was different from the way I made it before. I decided to make some pistachio macaroons since it’s ne of my favorite flavors. I followed all the steps in about 20 minutes and started piping out the batter on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. I looked over to Luhan’s station as saw that his batter was too runny and the circles were a bit oval. I looked to the other side, which was Kris’s station and saw him writing the world ‘galaxy’ instead of piping the batter into circles. I then looked at Jimin and Hyo Kyung and saw that their batter looked lumpy and gross. They weren’t even piping out circles, just weird odd shapes. What amazes me the most out of all of the guys was Kyungsoo. He made red velvet macaroons and they looked perfect. I looked at mine and saw how it was okay but not as good as Kyungsoo’s. I finished piping them out in 10 minutes and left them to dry up for half an hour. While doing so, I made the pistachio filling. Some pistachios and butter cream would do the trick.

 

After checking if their shells were dry enough, I put them in the oven and waited for them to bake. I cleaned my station in the mean time so that I could get out of school faster. The oven ‘dinged’ and the macaroons were done baking. I took them out of the oven and set the on the table to cool. They had a beautiful shade of green and I could say they were good looking macaroon. I accidently touched the still burning pan and held in a scream. You okay? Kyungsoo asked, taking his baking sheet out of the oven. I nodded and smiled, even though my fingers were burning to the point of almost tears. He put his macaroon on the table and took my fingers. It was red and looked really painful. He took some bandages out from his pocket and put it on my fingers. Stupid. He muttered as he returned to his station, earning a glare from Jimin who on the far corner. I ignored her glare and continued filling my macaroons.

 

Just then, she walked over to where I was and brought her baking sheet that just came out of the oven. Oops. She said as she purposely spilled the uncooked burning batter on my arms. A loud thud was heard and everyone looked to where it came from. I was on the floor, trying to wipe the burning batter of my arms with a towel. Oh my god, Soori! Junmyeon said as he ran over to me and splashed cold water on my burning arms. You little , I told you to stay away from her you psycho! Luhan yelled as he grabbed Jimin’s collar. Kris pulled Luhan away and held him till he calmed down. The teacher heard what happened and ran towards us. The other students crowded over but were told to continue what they were doing by the teacher. What happened here? She asked panicked, looking at my red arms. I was bringing my baking sheet to this oven because my oven wasn’t working. She didn’t have eyes and carelessly bumped into me. Jimin said, trying to act all innocent. If your oven wasn’t working, then why is the batter so freaking hot? Did you warm it up in the microwave before coming over? You obviously did that on purpose. Kyungsoo said, rolling his eyes. Guys, no fighting. The teacher said as she helped me up. Are you okay Soori-ah? Do you need o go the clinic? She asked, helping me wipe off the remaining batter on my skin. Nah, it’s okay. Just a small burn, I’ll live. I said, smiling to the teacher. The teacher gave me worried look and turned to Jimin who was laughing with Hyo Kyung. Ms. Lee, I’m sorry but I have to give you a week of detention. You purposely spilled the hot batter on her. If you try lying again, I will tell the principle to suspend you. Wouldn’t want to be suspended on your first week right? She said, going over to her desk and typing up a week detention slip. Jimin complained, but the teacher ignored her. She went back to her station and cursed at Hyo Kyung.

 

After everyone was done, the teacher came around and did a small taste test. She came over to Kyungsoo and praised him, giving him a highs score. She then came to me and asked if I  was okay first. I told her there was nothing to worry about and playfully told her that my macaroons were better than Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and the teacher took a macaroon and took a bite. Wow, this is amazing! And you’re right, it’s better than Mr. Do’s. She said, playfully grinning at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes again as he cleaned up his station.

 

We all walked out of the gates while laughing over the teacher’s reaction to Luhan’s macaroons. Stop it! I know I’m not a good cook. I tried my best! He said, hiding his red face. We know, but hyung! Her face was priceless! It looked as if she was about to puke. Sehun said, laughing hardly. We continued to walk until the bus station. Hey guys, I have to first. My mom’s mad at me since I broke her China set last night. Tao said, walking the other way. The others also needed to go home first and left Kyungsoo and me alone.

 

Let’s go! He said and grabbed my hands, careful enough to not touch my bandaged arms. He avoided the bus stop and decided to take the long way home.