twenty eight

Roommate (hiatus for a bit.. sorry :( )

When I opened the apartment door, everyone inside were either collapsed on the couch or on the floor. Tao saw us first and excitedly stood up. They’re back! With FOOD! He yelled, making the guys sit up. It’s about damn time you guys came back. Kris said as he stood up and helped us carry the bags. It was FREEZING out there. I couldn’t feel my face! Luhan said as he took the food out. Kyungsoo and Chen started opening up the meat and preparing grill pan in the kitchen. The others took out the snacks and ate them while waiting for the food to be ready. Meanwhile, I was browsing the Internet in my room. I checked my email and saw less hate. There was only one from Jimin.

 

Dear ugly duckling, why do you have to exist? The world would be much better without you. How I wish that would happen. I guess you know what happened between me and that doe eyed brat. He must’ve told you since he’s such a wimp. I don’t know what your problem is, but stop hanging around exo. As I said before, you’re burdening them. Stop being an anti-social . I’m sure that they would be glad if you’re gone, or even dead. Because I know I will. Love you, Jimin.

 

I read the message over 3 times and chuckled. Why is she so negative? Why am I the only one bullied? The guys’ already said that I’m not burdening them, but this message makes me think twice. As I recalled our precious memories, I do think that I’m some kind of burden. But I shouldn’t think like this or they’ll lecture me again. But it’s better to be sure right?

 

I closed my email and closed my laptop. I grabbed my phone and jumped on the bed. There were 3 messages from my mom.

 

6:31pm: Honey, something happened to your father.  

6:39pm: Sweetie, you there?

6:50pm: your dad, suddenly fainted when we were cooking and I brought him to the hospital. The doctors told me he’s in critical condition because there’s something wrong with his heart. Please don’t panic and worry. I’m sure he’s going to be okay.

 

My mind was blank as I read the messages. My heartbeat fastened and my palms were sweaty. Dad’s going to be okay right? He is supposed to be. I can’t loose him. I can’t bear to see mom alone. Why does the world hate me. I calmed down a bit and tried to forget about it. I have to be strong for him.

 

As I starred at the wall before me, Luhan came in. Yo! Let’s eat! He said as walked towards my bed. I pushed the thoughts of my dad and the hate mail away and stood up. I gave him a small smile and walked out of my room. I took a seat between Baekyeol and sipped my water. Kyungsoo and Chen grilled 2 pounds of meat and lots of side dishes. Guys, we’re watching that new horror movie after this right? Kris asked as he shoved a spoonful of meat inside his mouth. Waeeee?? I don’t like scary movies hyung~! Tao complained. All the guys started whispering to each other and smirked at Tao. Oh come on Tao, don’t be such a baby. Especially not in front of our Soori. Minseok teased. They all looked at me and stopped snickering. I wasn’t paying attention to any of them, since my head was filled with the thoughts of my dad. Endless scenarios ran through my mind and I tightened my grip on my chopsticks. YAH! Kyungsoo yelled, bringing me back to reality. I look startled and faced him. What? I asked, confused at his sudden anger. We’ve been poking you and calling for 5 minutes and you’re not responding! What’s wrong? Junmyeon asked. I pushed my sadness aside and smiled at them. Nothing’s wrong. I was just thinking about the upcoming exams. There’s a lot! I exclaimed, faking my happy tone. The guys looked at me for a second and continued on with their joked while I continued on thinking about my dad.

 

After we ate, more like they ate, we all gathered around the TV as Junmyeon grabbed disc. We all got comfortable and brought out blanket and pillows. After a minute, Junmyeon sat back down and the movie began to start. The movie we watched was not as scary as I thought it was. I’m not a fan of horror, but they don’t scare me. My parents love ghost and they would regularly tell me stories back at home. My mother’s sixth sense passed down to me, so basically I can see the creatures Tao fear. They’re never not nice and they’re not as scary as people think they are. As the movie escalated, I saw Tao hugging the crap out of Kris who was so into the movie. All them were focusing on the TV and looked terrified. I chuckled at how cute they were and continued focusing on the movie. It was honestly a bit boring for me. At least this will keep my mind of my dad for now.

 

Kyungsoo on the other hand tried to act cool. Every time there was a jump scare, he would jump a little and whisper soothing words to himself. I couldn’t help but chuckle over his cuteness. He soon realized that I’ve been starring at him and turned his face towards me. What? He asked a bit shaken. Nothing. You just look cute when you’re trying so hard to act cool. I said, smiling at him. His face quickly turned red and looked away. I hugged his arm and pulled him back towards me. There’ nothing to be ashamed off! If you’re scarred, just hide your face like everyone else. I said, giving him my Sulley plushie. He willingly took it and hugged it, making him more cuter. Aww, Kyungie so cute. I said as I pinched his left cheek. Suddenly, my stomach growled, loud enough for him to hear. Wow, after all that food you’re still hungry? He asked, patting my stomach. Yah! Don’t touch my stomach~ And I haven’t ate anything by the way. Your men devoured them all before I could take a piece. I said as I shoved his hand away. Without saying a word, Kyungsoo got up and went over to the kitchen. He grabbed a plate and filled half of it with meat and the rest with side dishes. He came back to his seat and gave it to me. Here. There’s no excuse for you to not eat now. Kyungsoo said as he returned his focus to the TV. I gladly took a bit and chewed happily. Lay, who sat beside me, was taking glances at my food. You want some? I asked, poking him with a fork. He smiled and lowered his hand on my plate. Before he could take anything, Kyungsoo slapped his hand away. No hyung! She hasn’t eaten yet! He said, giving his hyung a glare. Lay raised his arms as a sign of surrender and looked back at the TV. Kyungsoo who was satisfied at his hyung’s surrender put his arm around my shoulders and scooting closer. It’s a bit cold and it’s scary don’t you think? He asked bluntly. Him and his cheesy moves. I gave a shrug and continued to eat while leaning on him.

 

They were all so tensed when the ghost started chasing everyone around. Unlike them, I was laughing in the inside. Isn’t it funny seeing a ghost chasing helpless people? And when they fall, it was so bad that I laughed. Their fall looked so fake. After I let out a big laugh, the other stopped focusing on the movie and turned to me. Kyungsoo who was beside me scooted away. OMG, are you possessed? Chen asked, pulling Kyungsoo closer to me. I looked at them strangely and rolled my eyes. Of course not! I’m just laughing because the movie ghosts look so fake!  I laughed, making Tao wince. How do you know they’re fake? You haven’t seen them in real life. Baekhyun said as he stole Chanyeol’s popcorn. I actually have seen them in real life and I see them everyday. I said, earning another wince from Tao. My mom can see and she passed that sixth sense to me. I see them everywhere now.  I proudly said. They all backed away from me and tried to go back to the movie. Kyungsoo who moved away quickly moved closer to me and lend me his shoulders to lean on. As long as you don’t scare me or kill me in the future, I’m cool with that. He said as he rubbed the back of his head.

 

The movie ended with the ghost killing them all (Which is SO predictable) and a crying Tao. I stood up from my seat and stretched my back. I happily skipped to my room, but was blocked by Kyungsoo. Where do you think you’re going? He asked. Uh, my room. To sleep. I bluntly replied and tried to push him away. The guys wants to sleep in my room because they’re scarred of sleeping here apparently. I don’t want so hear their loud snoring, so do you mind if I sleep in your room? The couch isn’t an option by the way. He said. Kris mouthed me an ‘we’re all sleeping in Kyungie’s room. Not sleeping out here. Peace out,’ as he pushed the others into Kyungie’s room. Luhan, Sehun, Chanyeol, and Junmyeon ran to my room. We’ll be sleeping here okay. thanks! I looked at Kyungsoo and squeezed his arm. I guess we’re sleeping here then. I said and walked to the sofa. Our sofa was the type that can be turned to a bed by pulling the feet rest up. What?! No Soori-ah!! He whined as he ran to my side. I got onto the sofa bed and got under the covers. Whatever Kyungie. But if I were you, I wouldn’t want to be standing up. I said as I closed my eyes. Kyungsoo quickly got on the sofa bed and got under the covers. I could feel his body shaking and I felt really bad for scarring him. I turned my body to face him and I swear that our faces were 5cm apart from each other. I hid my blush and gave him a reassuring smile. If you’re scarred, you may hug me or just do anything to comfort yourself. I said and turned around. Without further a do, I could feel his arms wrapped around my waist and his head digging itself into the crook of my neck. My face got hotter and my heartbeat fastened. Don’t leave me in the middle of night okay? I’ll kill you if you do. He said, as he closed his eyes. Goodnight Kyungie.  I said. Night. He said as we both drifted into dreamland. 

 

Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of updates.. i had my national exams this week. I hope you enjoy this chapter and don't forget to comment and subs. I'll try to update soon! 

- fishieeeh