three

Roommate (hiatus for a bit.. sorry :( )

Today was the first day at my new school, Seoul High. I took a quick shower and put my school uniform on. The skirt was a bit too short for my liking and the blouse was a bit too showing. The blazer was dark blue with the logo of the school on the right. I quickly head out and saw no one outside. I guess he’s still sleeping… oh well. I got down and took a bus to school. As I arrived at Seoul High, I sighed at what I saw. Girls wearing designer handbags and jewelries, high-pitched laughter, and bullies. This isn’t what I saw in the pamphlet… oh well. I started walking in and ignored a few stares. I found the principle’s office and had a little chat with him. After getting my schedules and locker number, I quickly headed towards my homeroom for my first class, English.

 

As I entered the room, the class has already started. I softly knocked on the door and 15 pairs of eyes looked at me. The teacher stopped what he was doing and looked towards where I was. He gestured me to come in and told me to introduce myself. Anyeong Haseo. My name’s Dae Soori. Please take care of me this year. I gave a small bow and the teacher told me to sit in the empty seat at the very back, next to the window. That’s not fair! Why can she sit there and not us?! One of the girls suddenly exclaimed. The teacher ignored them and told me to quickly go to my seat. As I walked past the girls, I could feel the death glares slowly piercing through my skin. What’s so special about the back seat anyways? I threw my bag softly beside the desk and took a seat. The teacher continued teaching about poetry. As the class continued, I could feel my eyelids getting heavy. I learned everything about poetry when I was in the US, so this lesson was pointless to me. As I was just about to close my eyes, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked to the right and saw Luhan, Junmyeon, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol waving and smiling at me. It confused me a bit when I saw Luhan, since he’s a year older than the rest of us. I gave them a small wave and looked back the board. I could feel them frowning a little, but ignored them.

 

I kept looking at the clock that doesn’t seem to be moving! Class ends at 10:30 and it’s still 10! The teacher was now talking about Shakespeare. Mr. Byun! Name one play that Shakespeare wrote. Baekhyun was surprised and was clearly not ready. Instead on Baekhyun answering, Chanyeol answered the question for him. Romeo and Juliet! He exclaimed excitedly to the teacher. The girls squealed and clapped. They praised Chanyeol for his ‘smartness.’ Mr. Park, that was a correct answer. But next time, please wait for me to call on you rather than calling out the answer for someone else. Chanyeol gave the teacher a big nod and giggled at Baekhyun. Okay, Ms. Dae! Name 3 plays that Shakespeare wrote. Pshh. Easy. M-Macbeth, Hamlet, and Much Ado About Nothing. The 4 guys started clapping and did a small cheer. I could sense the anger from the girls in front. Wow! You are one smart lady! And your pronunciation’s perfect too. The teacher praised me and I could feel my pride raising.

 

 There was 5 minutes left, and I couldn’t wait to go to Humanities. Suddenly, the door burst open and in came Kyungsoo. The teacher was surprised and looked angrily at Kyungsoo. Mr. Do! Why are you so late?! You could at least knocked rater than disrupting my class. Kyungsoo came in and faced the teacher. I’m sorry for being late sir. My new roommate wasn’t kind enough to wake me up. He stared straight at me while saying those words. Excuse me? it isn’t my job to wake you up for heavens sake! Not my fault you’re late. Whatever Mr. Do. There’s 5 minutes left anyways. Just go to your seat and sit down. I’ll be telling your father about this. Kyungsoo angrily walked towards his seat, which was probably around my area since he was walking towards me. Yah! Get out of my seat Hyung!! He yelled at Luhan. Luhan and the others chuckled, while the rest of the class seemed horrified. Luhan moved the to empty desk beside Baekhyun. Kyungsoo harshly sat beside me and threw his bag on the floor. What a pathetic jerk. I chuckled and prepared to go to my next class.

 

After humanities, it was time for lunch. I found out that there’s only 4 classes per day, 1.5 hours each class. We also had an 1.5 hour of lunch/break. After lunch, I have sports and music. On Tuesday, I have Math (groan), Psychology, Biology, and Art. On Wednesday, I have Physics, Humanities, Sports, and Math. On Thursday, I have Biology, English, Music, and Art. And on Friday, I have Chemistry, Psychology, and Cooking. I was give a choice of cooking or woodshop. I picked cooking cause I’m allergic to dust.

 

Instead of going to the cafeteria, I found a small garden not too far from the cafeteria. I sat on the grass and took out the leftover kimchi spaghetti from last night a small carton of black bean milk. As I was eating, I could hear screams from the cafeteria. I also heard girls screaming, “I love you oppa!!! Sarangahe EXO!!!” it was getting annoying since they ruined the silence and peace. I continue to eat my food in silence an drank my milk. After a few minutes, I heard footsteps heading my way. As I looked up, my eyes met with the 12 guys I met last night. Everyone except Kyungsoo ran to me and gave me a small hug. I pushed them away with my feet before continuing to eat. Soori-ah! What are doing here eating alone? Oh! Isn’t that Kyungie’s kimchi spaghetti??? Did he make it for you this morning??? The guy who looked like a panda said. I think his name is Tao? Of course not pabo! It’s the left-over food she didn’t eat last night. Why would I go through so much trouble making food for an ungracious roommate!? Kyungsoo said as he sat down on the grass. Junmyeon flicked his head and told him to stop being so rude. Hey! It hurts hyung!! And she is ungracious by not waking me up! The guys sighed and took a seat on the open space. It isn’t my job to wake you up stupid. I said while looking away. It seriously isn’t my fault that he’s late. That little brat’s just to lazy to wake up by himself. How dare you call me stupid!? He yelled while pointing at me and getting ready to attack. Kai and Sehun immediately sat in front of me and raised there hands up. Hyung!! We will not let you torment our little sister like that!! Stop being so mean! Little sister? Excuse me?  I tapped their shoulders and looked confused. But I’m not your little sister? We’re not biologically connected right? It’s been a long time since I was in Korea so I’m not used to the brother sister culture thing. They looked at me and patted my head. Since you’re younger than us and is living with Kyungsoo hyung, we want to acknowledge you as our little sister. You’re not crazy or loud like the other girls here, so we accept you. Kai said.  But you are a bit oblivious… Sehun said. I nodded my head hesitantly and started to pack my things. I remembered that I needed to meet the counselor to talk about some things. I stood up and started walking away. Wait!! Where are you going?? Lay yelled. I pretended to not hear him and walked faster.

 

As I got farther away from them, I smiled a little. It felt nice to be called or even acknowledged as a little sister. I’ve always wanted brothers though… But remember Soori, don’t trust them. Don’t trust anyone. Trusting people will just bring you bad luck.

 

Hello~ new update! Don't forget to subscribe and comment. Thanks for tose who already subscribed 

- fishieeeh-