twelve

Roommate (hiatus for a bit.. sorry :( )

After the movie, Kai and Sehun needed to go home first, leaving the two of us alone. They used Kyungsoo’s car and waved us goodbye. It was around 8:20pm now and he decided that we shouldn’t go home since it’s been a long time since he’s out of the house. This is my first time in a mall, even in the US, I’ve always stayed home. I’ve heard from my neighbors that malls are full of shops and people. This mall’s actually pretty crowded, a big no for me. I hate overcrowded places or just lots of people in one space in general. 

 

As I we were walking around the mall, my bladder decided that it’s time to drain out its liquid. I looked around and saw no bathrooms. Aren’t public places supposed to have bathrooms? We were now in a hat store and Kyungsoo was trying out different hats. He took the ones he liked and bought about 6 hats in total. Are you crazy? I asked, looking at the price tags. He ignored me and continued paying. After we got out of the store, my bladder couldn’t take it anymore. K-kyungsoo, where’s the b-bathroom? I said, trying to hold it in. You can just look at the sign above us idiot. He said, stopping and looking up. I couldn’t see anything far because I wasn’t using my contacts. Just tell me where it is. it isn’t hard to tell me right? I said. You have eyes to see the sign. He said, annoyed. Well, you have a mouth to tell me where it is! I yelled, frustrated. People around us started giving us glances, so Kyungsoo dragged me to a quieter area. Can’t you not yell for s’s sake!? He yelled. Can’t you? I replied. His nose scrunched up and his head looked like it could explode. I’m seriously done with you. He said and walked away. Kyungsoo, wait!! I yelled, loud enough for the whole mall to hear. He ran back and put his hand over my mouth. God, stop yelling! I shoved his hand away and crossed my arms. You haven’t told me where the bathroom is stupid! I said, trying really to hold it in. Can’t you read?? It’s a mall for Christ sake! You can find bathrooms everywhere! He said, dragging me to the nearest toilet. Well sorry I don’t have my contacts in. I said, looking away. Well you don’t need contacts to find a bathroom. Malls have tons of bathrooms! He said, pushing me in. It’s my first time going to a mall. You could at least not yell. I said, going in. Kyungsoo’s eyes were full of guilt. He regretted everything he said earlier.

 

After 5 minutes, I went out of the bathroom feeling so relieved. I didn’t see Kyungsoo though; I thought he was waiting for me. I looked around and saw hundreds of people walking and laughing, but no Kyungsoo. I was scared of walking out of the hall since there were so many people and I don’t know this mall. I can do it! If you get lost, just ask security or something. I took a deep breath and walked out of the hallway, only to greeted by bumps from people around me. I tried finding a way out, but was only pushed from the first end of the mall to the second. By the time I saw an empty area with a small bench, it’s already 8:45pm and Kyungsoo was no where to be seen. My phone was dead, I’m low on cash, and I have no idea where I am. Great… just great.

 

I sat on the bench for 15 more minutes, slowly falling asleep. I didn’t know how to go home or even where the apartment was from here! Kyungsoo must’ve left me, that inconsiderate piece of poop. I was still using Kyungsoo’s cardigan so at least I’m warm on the top, but freezing in the bottom. I had lost all hope of going home. There was nothing I can d-

 

You idiot! Some yelled from my left. I turned my head to the source of the voice and saw Kyungsoo running, his face red, and holding two cups of melted ice cream. PABO! You! URGHH! He yelled, collapsing on the bench. Where the hell were you? I waited in front of that toilet for hell knows how long, but you wouldn’t come out. I even took a peek in the toilet! He exclaimed as he shook my shoulders. I shoved his hands away and crossed my arms. Where the hell were you? I came out of the toilet after 5 minutes and you were gone! I tried searching for you and a way out, but I don’t know this mall as good as you! I thought I wouldn’t be able to go home. I t-though you left me you stupid jerkass. I said, hitting his arm hardly. I looked away and turned my back towards him. His stupid face makes me so sick.

 

 Kyungsoo’s face was filled with guilt and hesitated on how to approach me.  He threw the melted ice cream away and poked my shoulder. What!? I yelled coldly, seriously pissed. Soori-ah, sorry. I totally forgot about how clueless you are.  He said softly, pissing me off even more. Don’t be mad… you look ugly when you frown you know? When you smile too, but it’s better if you just smile. He teased. You look uglier. I said, standing up from the bench. Kyungsoo stood up to and grabbed my hands. How bout let’s grab some ice cream? Outside of the mall this time. He said, as I gave him a slight nod.

 

We walked out of the mall and onto the streets. Like the other day, our hands were intertwined. I don’t know why, but his touch feels so warm and comfortable, unlike other hands. I could see him shivering a bit from the cold since he gave me his cardigan. I stopped us both and took off the cardigan. I think you need it more than I do. I said, throwing him the cardigan and continued walking. He grabbed my hand a pulled me back. I’m fine. Just wear it. He said, before throwing me back the cardigan. I grabbed it and threw it back to him. I don’t need it. It’s not cold anyways. I lied. Before I could say anything, I grabbed his hand and pulled him with me.

 

Instead of ice cream, we stopped at a hot food wagon. One Tteokbokki and japchae hotteok please. Kyungsoo said to the ahjumma. That’ll be 3000 won my dear. She said as she handed me the food. You guys look like a really cute couple. She said, smiling at our intertwined fingers. I pulled my hand away from his and chuckled nervously. You misunderstood ahjumma, we’re not dating. I said, before forcing a chuckle. You should. She said, smiling. Kyungsoo’s face was a bit red, but he was smiling. My face turned a bright shade of pink and tugged the hem of Kyungsoo’s shirt. You done? I mouthed. He nodded and turned around. Before Kyungsoo could catch up with me, the ahjumma pulled him back and whispered don’t give up son, you’ll catch her heart one day.

 

Our walk back home was filled with silence, both of us still flustered. Soori. He said, earning a glance from me. He shoved a piece of Tteokbokki into my mouth. It’s good right? He asked softly. I nodded shyly, still thinking of what the ahjumma said. We both continued eating, him feeding me Tteokbokki as I fed him some of the japchae hotteok. We passed a small alleyway, which was covered with clubs and drunk people. There was a drunk man headed my way, and kyungsoo pulled me closer to him, which made me blush again. It was getting colder, and I started shivering. Kyungsoo saw from the corner of his eyes a pack of old men checking me out. He also noticed my shivering. I could here the old men whistling and saying things like ‘hello y’ ‘ what a babe’ how much for one night sweetie?’ I could feel Kyungsoo’s anger radiating. Yah, don’t ever where something that short again. He said loud enough for the old guys to hear as he stopped and wrapped his cardigan around my waist. This time, my face was as red as a tomato and it was a bit hard to breathe. He pulled me closer until his arms were tightly wrapped around my shoulders. Kyungsoo’s face was also red from the sudden contact.  We walked peacefully back to the apartment. 

 

Sorry for not updating yesterday guiseee... lots of hw! oh, enjoy! 

- fishieeh