twenty six

Roommate (hiatus for a bit.. sorry :( )

For this winter themed dish, I decided to make a nice sweet dessert. I’ve always liked baking when I was little. I even dreamed of opening a bakery! If only life was that simple… Well, moving on. I remembered back in the States, my mom would always make sweet potato pies for Christmas and Thanksgiving. When neighbors were over for dinner, we would always serve sweet potato pie for dessert. I’ve made these a million times in the past, so why not?

 

I went to the pantry and got all the ingredients I needed. Chanyeol helped me reach the sweet potatoes since they were at the top of the cupboard. Since our stations were near, we chatted for a bit before continuing cooking. I then wrote the recipe down on a piece of paper so that I won’t miss a step. Missing one single step will ruin the whole dish, so it’s important to get everything right. I started peeling and washing the sweet potatoes, then boiling them for 15 minutes. After combining all the ingredients together, and making the piecrust, I put the pie in the oven and cleaned up my station. I was so focused on my dish that I didn’t get too see or find out what the others were cooking. I have no idea why, but I’m really curious about what Kyungsoo made. Is it a pie? His spaghetti? Steak?  I waited for about 45 minutes until the pie was done and took it out. There was about 10 minutes left till school ended, so the teacher started going around and tasting the dishes that were done.  I took a slice of my pie and placed it on a white small plate. I garnished the dish with some whipped cream. I looked down at my dish, satisfied with what I accomplished. Everyone else was either busy with finishing their dishes or cleaning up their stations. I took a fork and took a bite of the pie. It tasted just like the ones I used to make with my mom, but even better since I put a pinch or two of cinnamon.

 

As the teacher made her way to my station, I softly replied her smile. So, what did you make here? Did Jimin-shii ‘accidently’ spilled something on you again? She said, whispering the last part. I gave her a chuckle and she quietly laughed with me. Well, I made sweet potato pie. I usually make them with my mom during Christmas and remembered the recipe. I said, giving her a fork. She gladly took it and slowly took a bit of my pie. From the corner of my eyes, I could feel Kyungsoo starring at me, observing the teacher’s reaction. I ignored him and looked at the teacher. So, how is it? I asked, a bit nervous of what she’ll say. She put the fork down and smiled, This is awesome Soori. The texture was soft and the taste was amazing. Another fine job missy. She said as she took another bit. I gave her a smile and started to cut the pie into 12 equal sizes. I put them in a container to give to the guys later.

 

After the bell rang, everyone walked out of the kitchen and headed to the lockers. The guys were nowhere to be seen, so I decided to go my locker alone. I was a bit too worried since I was alone, but a part of me told me it’s going to be fine. I looked around the locker area and saw no one around. It seemed a little too quiet than usual. I slowly opened my locker and grabbed my bag. Scenarios of Jimin and Hyo Kyung cornering me filled my head and my heart started to beat faster and faster. I heard some footsteps coming my way and started to close my eyes, hoping it wasn’t them. My whole body started to shake and my grip tightened. I felt someone touch my shoulders and out of reflex, my elbow shot up, hitting the person’s face. Then, I grabbed its hand and shoved the person to the locker beside me. He let out a small cry and started cursing. Jimin’s voice isn’t that deep. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Kyungsoo in pain and holding his bleeding cheek. What the are you doing?! Were you trying to give me a heart attack!??!? I yelled, pressing my palm to my chest and slowly steadying my heartbeat. Well why the did you hit me with that sharp elbow of yours and shove me!??! Kyungsoo yelled back, still holding on to his bleeding cheek. I lowered my hand and softened my eyes. He really looked like he was in pain, and I felt really guilty. I opened my bag and took out a pororo bandage. I slowly tiptoed on my feet and wiped the blood with my hand. Then I put the bandage on his gave and gave it a light pat. I-I’m sorry. I just thought you were Jimin… I muttered softly, looking away and locking my locker. Kyungsoo’s eyes softened and his heart felt guilty. He took my hand and squeezed it. I’m sorry for scaring you. Wasn’t my intention to scare you, but I’m sorry. He said, smiling down at me. I looked up and gave him a small smile.

 

While we were still smiling at each other, the rest of exo were actually hiding behind a wall, watching us. This is just amazing. Our Kyung’s got his game back! Chanyeol squealed, making the guys smile. They are seriously so cute! So perfect! A match made in heaven. Sehun exclaimed as he squeezed Lay’s hand. If Jimin would just stop being a and screwing with our lives, I bet they’d be a couple now. Luhan said, taking bigger peeks. Let’s call them now. I’m hungry and my dad saved us a seat at the café. Minseok said. But what happens if Jimin comes again and makes mei-mei cry again? Tao asked, slowly taking pictures. My parents made sure she’d never come in our café again. My parents hate her since she made so much since she disturbed the customers a while back. Minseok said, stepping out of their hiding spot. Soori! Kyungsoo! Stop holding each other’s hands and let’s go! Minseok yelled, making me jump a little since I didn’t know he was there. I pulled my hand away and walked towards Minseok. Kyungsoo was left and little dazed and disappointed since he wanted to hold my hand longer.

We arrived at Minseok’s café and went to our usual seats. Kyungsoo immediately took the seat beside me, not letting anyone else get a chance to do so. Baekhyun took the seat on my other smiled at me. I replied his smile and started to play with my phone. Minseok ordered us drinks and we all started to talk with each other. They were all laughing about Chanyeol’s burnt doughnuts and made fun of Luhan’s terrible cooking skills, again. Minseok came back with our drinks and some food. As I saw the variety of pastries, I remembered about the sweet potato pie. I took it out and opened the lid. Guys, want some sweet potato pie? I asked, but no one seemed to listen. I turned to my right and saw Kyungsoo fighting with Kai over a game. I tapped Luhan, who was on my left, and he quickly turned to me. I gave him the container. It’s the pie I made earlier. Hope you like sweet potato. I said, handing him a fork. I love sweet potato! Exo loves sweet potato! Luhan exclaimed, loud enough for everyone to turn their heads towards us. Why do you look so happy hyung? Junmyeon asked, curious why the oldest one was so happy. She’s sharing me the pie she made in food tech! Luhan exclaimed, taking a piece and shoving it in his mouth. And it taste awesome! He happily said. Yah! Soori! Why are you only giving Luhan hyung that pie! Is he your favorite? Do you not care about us anymore? Do you like Luhan hyung more than us?! Sehun pouted along with the rest of the guys. What? Of course not! Luhan, share it with the others! I said, taking the container out of his grasp and passing it around.

 

The guys started showering me with compliments and eating the pie happily. Luhan was right, they do love sweet potato. I closed the empty container and stored it in my bag. Seeing the guys so happy and satisfied with the food I make makes me happy. Kyungsoo nudged my arms, making me look to him. Aren’t you eating anything? He asked as he took a bite. I only saved 12 pieces. It’s okay anyways; there’s plenty of other food. I said, taking a cupcake. Before I could take a bite of the cupcake, Kyungsoo shoved a piece of the pie into my mouth. It’s yummy right? Your desserts are the best. Next time, I’ll make something for you. He said, smiling at me. I gave him a nod and opened my mouth for another bite. We kept on eating and hanging out in the café until it was 5 and headed to the apartment.