eighteen

Roommate (hiatus for a bit.. sorry :( )

The guys took both Kyungsoo and I back home. They were worried to leave us alone, but Kyungsoo reassured them that it’d be fine. I didn’t go to my room and sat on the couch. Still shaking from earlier; my eyes still red from the tears. Kyungsoo sat beside me and didn’t say anything. She broke his heart and left him in a complete mess. That’s why he’s such as jerk?  I looked at him and examined his face. His eyes were completely empty and filled with coldness. His lips were quivering and his body was shaking. I kept looking at him and saw tear running down. His eyes were still fixed on nothing, but tears kept coming out. My hands went up and wiped his tears away. His eyes looked so hurt and lost. This is the Kyungsoo I’ve never seen before. Are you okay? I asked slowly, still watching him. He turned his head and looked right into my eyes. He slowly leaned in and hugged me tightly while he cried on my shoulders. I didn’t know what to and just whispered comforting words at him he kept crying for 10 more minutes, sobbing harder and harder. My heart hurts to see him cry, the pain I had before was forgotten and replaced with the pain of seeing him cry. He looked up and starred at me before standing up and entering his room.

 

After taking a long shower, I opened up my laptop and browsed through it. I opened up my email and saw two hate mails from both Hyo Kyung and Jimin. Hyo Kyung’s message was clear, she told me to die. Jimin’s message was full of stories of the past. I immediately closed it since I couldn’t take it anymore. I closed my laptop and jumped on my bed. I looked around my phone and turned some songs on.

 

When the days are cold and the cards all fold and the saints we see are all made of gold. When your dreams all fail and the ones we hail are the worst of all and your blood’s run stale. I sang, letting all my pain out. I looked at the time and went out of my room, heading to the kitchen to prepare dinner. I kept singing until I was done cooking our meal. I made a simple dinner, chicken rice. I walked into Kyungsoo room, without knocking, and saw him lying down on the bed asleep. I walked towards him and placed the food on the table. I looked at him for a minute and walked away. You liar. You didn’t sound like a dying whale. He said, his voice hoarse from the crying. I turned around and saw him sitting up. Y-you heard??.  I asked shocked. Of course, and you don’t sound like a constipated whale, you sounded beautiful. He said, praising my voice. I smiled at him, mumbling a small thanks.  How can you still smile after today Soori-ah? And don’t tell me it’s how you roll. He said, moving to the side and patting the empty spot beside him. I’ve put up with a lot of crap in my life Kyung, I just learn to forget and move on. I said, still standing up. But some problems are just too hard to forget.  I was in the verge of tears, but held it in. Not wanting to look weak. Kyungsoo got out from his bed and took my hand. He brought me to the bed and covered me with blankets. He went to other side and climbed up the bed beside me. Do you want to talk about it? You comforted me earlier so I guess it’s my turn to do the same. He said, looking at me. I can’t. I’ll end up crying like a pathetic fool, like she said. I replied, remembering Jimin’s last words. It’s okay, we’ll be pathetic fools together. He said, cheering me up. I gave him a small chuckle and started my story.

 

After I finished telling him about my past, my chest hurts and slowly tears started to stream down my face again. He gave me a big hug and told me to cry it all out. He was comforting me like how I was comforting him earlier. My past is not as sad as yours, but it was still cruel. He said, patting my back. It’s worse you know. Having your heart broken into pieces by some girl who didn’t even care about you. I said, remembering his story. Well, that wasn’t the whole story. She said she loved me, but I guess I was wrong. I was so stupid. She made a laughing stock out of me! The only people who wouldn’t laugh at me were the guys. Exo has been together since birth; they’ll always support a brother. She did all of that because I saw her cheating, and so I dumped her. She wanted me to regret, and I did. I tried staying away from girls, because I thought they were all the same. I guess you’re an exception.   He said, hugging me tighter. Of course I’m an exception!  I chuckled. But you’re not stupid Kyungsoo. Life wrecked the out of you, but look at you now. Life gave her to you, gave all those sufferings, but you’re still strong. You’re a survivor.  Pressing my head further into the crook of his neck.

 

I pulled away from his embrace and gave him a smile. We’re both survivors. We shouldn’t let her torture us again. I said. Yeah. From now on, I’ll have your back and you have mine. I won’t let her torture you anymore. And you won’t let her do anything to me right? He asked as he cupped my face. I nodded at him. You’ll protect me. I smiled. And you’ll protect me. He smiled.  We pinky promised and laughed at how childish we are. Kyungsoo looked at the food I brought and took it from the table. He took a spoonful of it in his mouth and gave me a spoonful. This is amazing. You’re a good cook, but not as good as me. He said confidently as I scoffed. Yeah right. Can you even make chicken rice? I said, mocking him. Well can you make my kimchi spaghetti? He mocked back. That’s your recipe! People around the world knows what chicken rice is. The only people that know about your spaghetti is the guys. I said, teasing him. Of course not! My family knows it well too! He said, scrunching his eyebrows. We continued to eat and mock each other till we had enough.

 

Hey, I’m bored. It’s still so early though. 7:00pm! Kyungsoo said, putting the plate on the table. Wanna walk outside? I asked as I got out of the bed. Are you serious? It’s like -3 Celsius out there!  Can’t we just bake? He said, getting out of bed too. OMG, yes! Let’s go! I said as I dragged him to the kitchen.

 

I put on a pink apron and he put on a blue one. We took out some ingredients for cupcakes. I grabbed all the utensils and Kyungsoo preheated the oven. While I was measuring the flour, Kyungsoo took a handful and threw it at me. You jerk! I yelled as I threw him some flour too. We kept playing around with the ingredients, and throwing flour to each other. As we finally made the mixture for red velvet cupcakes, I grabbed some mixture and wiped it on his face. His eyes widened as he looked at me. You despicable… He took some mixture and wiped it on the side of my cheeks. By the end of the baking, my hair was covered in flour and his face was covered in red mixture and cream cheese frosting. When the cupcakes were done, Kyungsoo took it out of the oven and put it on the table to cool. We cleaned up everything and wiped both the table and the floor. The kitchen was a mess, but we cleaned it beautifully.

 

Soori, let’s share a cupcake. Kyungsoo said, as he took one out. He fed me some cupcake and ate some for himself. This is good Kyung! I said, high-fiving him. He finished the rest of the cupcake and threw the wrapper out. Let’s give them to the guys tomorrow. I said, putting the cupcakes in a big container. I turned to Kyungsoo and laughed at his face. What’s so funny? He asked confused. I ran to the kitchen, got a wet cloth, and came back. I tip-toed and wiped his face. You’re face is covered with red dough idiot! I said, wiping his face clean. In return, Kyungsoo ruffled away the flour on my hair. We decided to sleep since we were both getting tired. Before I opened my room, Kyungsoo nudged me. Can we sleep together tonight? He asked, his face getting a bit red. W-why? I asked, flustered from his question. Well, If I h-happen to have nightmares, I d-don’t want to make you walk all the way from your room here. He said, rubbing the back of his neck. I smiled at his silly excuse and drag him to his room. I got in the covers and so he did.

 

Night Kyung. I said, turning off the lights. Night Soori. 

Love you, He whispered, too soft for me to hear. 

Chapters been deppressed, i'll try to make more fluff and happiness! 

- fishieeeh