seventeen

Roommate (hiatus for a bit.. sorry :( )

I barely made it to class, since I was still shocked. Lee Jimin, the girl who tortured me back my younger years. The one who created that horrible nickname and left me to be a laughing stock by everyone else. It was impossible for a 4 year old to understand what it’s like to be bullied, but the 4 year old me did.

 

I walked to my seat, threw my back on the floor and slowly sat down. I looked towards the window, ignoring the stares from the guys. Kyungsoo looked at me, confused. Soori-ah, you okay? He said, poking my shoulders. I slowly turned my head around a small nod. So, let’s talk about the arrangements. He said, taking out his laptop. I tried focusing on what he was saying, but I just couldn’t. my mind couldn’t stop thinking about my childhood nightmare. Time passed by and it was already time to go home. So, do you understand? Kyungsoo said, packing his books and laptop. O-oh yeah. I replied, standing up from my seat and grabbing my bag. I walked out the door and towards my locker. Soori~ Luhan called from behind. I turned around and waved at him. The guys are waiting for you outside, we’re planning to go to Minseok’s dad’s Café to just hang out. He said, following me to my locker. I don’t feel like going. I said, putting some books in my locker. Well, you don’t have a choice do you? Remember that promise you made with Kyungsoo a while back? About always going home with us? He said, reminding me about that day. I gave him a scowl and locked my locker.

 

We arrived at the café in no time and got a big table at the back. The café was like a library, but with tables and food. They were all now laughing and joking around, unlike earlier at lunch. Hyung! Your family is awesome! Sehun said, admiring the café. Xiumin chuckled and went to the front to order food for us. So, you didn’t tell us you were super good at running. Chanyeol said, tapping his fingers on the table. Yeah! 7 seconds for a 5om run!? That’s just unbelievable! Lay said, opening up his laptop. And you beat that witch! Kris said, clapping. Kyungsoo at him and slapped his shoulders. You idiot! Don’t tell her! Kyungsoo said, pissed. Tell me what? What witch? I said, clueless. You’ll learn about it later with Kyungsoo. I’m sure he’ll be happy to tell you. Junmyeon said, eyeing Kyungsoo who looked as if he was about to punch them any second.

 

Minseok came back with a variety of foods. From burgers to pastries. He ordered us coffee and gave me a macchiato he made by himself. We were all chatting loudly and laughing, disturbing other customers. I was playing a game on Kyungsoo’s phone as he played games on mine. We were having so much time for about 2 hours and didn’t mind the glares we got from the other customers.

Guys, we should hang out like this again. It’s so fun since Soori came along. Baekhyun said, sipping on his Americano. The guys all nodded, and continued talking. Suddenly, I heard footsteps heading near us and looked up to his whom it was. My heart almost jumped out of it’s place when I saw her, Lee Jimin. Long time no see oppas! She said, shocking all the guys. Everyone looked at her as if she was the devil, a witch like Kris had said. Her skirt was above average and she loosened up her blouse to show some skin. Her eyes met mine and I looked away instantly. Anger was raging inside me, wanting to let itself go, my hands were already balled up into fists. But I couldn’t reveal my past, it hurts too much. What the hell are you doing here? Luhan asked coldly. I’ve never seen this side of him, it’s always been the nice kind hearted Luhan. What’s wrong? Can’t I visit you? She said, grabbing a seat, but was stopped by Lay’s scoff. She looked around and met my eyes. Stop making me jealous by hanging out with her! It’s not working. She chuckled, eyeing me all over. I looked down and tried my best to control the anger. Why should we even make a piece of trash jealous? Kris said, taking a sip of his black coffee. I looked at Kyungsoo and saw how he was shaking. I was shaking myself, but controlled it. Oh silly oppa, always harsh as usual. She said, letting out a laugh. Jimin looked around again and looked at Kyungsoo. She came near him and touched his shoulders. Oppa! I miss you~ She said, shocking Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo shoved her hands away and looked at her. get out. He said, pointing at the door. I was shocked at how cold Kyungsoo sounds. Come one oppa! Don’t be mean. Oh, Soori-ah, didn’t see you there sweetie. She said, touching my back with her filthy hands. I suddenly stood up, my face red with anger. I need to go. I quickly said as I grabbed my phone and bag. Running away as usual. Jimin said, making my blood boiling even more. She grabbed my hand, but I shoved it away as hard as I can. off. I said, leaving the guys confused.

 

I ran outside and kept running. My heart hurts from the memories and seeing her just made me sick. I saw Hyo Kyung and her gang who waiting for Jimin, but I quickly ran past them, hoping that they didn’t recognize me. I ran to the back of Minseok’s café and puffed heavily. My eyes were filled with tears that I couldn’t control. It’s been a long time since I cried, and I can’t believe it’s in a public place. I crouched down and sobbed softly. No one was around, so I poured my whole heart out. Memories of her bullying me and making me feel so worthless flooded my mind. I fell to the ground and crossed my legs, burying my face in my hands. I was still 4 and I felt these feelings. Hurt, pain, sadness. A 4 year old should not feel this; it’s too young for them. I cried and cried, shaking so much, I didn’t realize the footsteps behind me.

 

Soori! Luhan said, running to me. He gave me a hug, and tried comforting me. I could hear Kris and Jimin screaming at each other while the guys backed Kris up. You inconsiderate little ! Stop ruining our lives! Kris said, slamming the door behind him. Me? a ?! What did I even do to deserve that title who tard! She yelled, making Kris even more pissed. You broke my best friend’s heart and ripped him into pieces. For a year, he’s been a mess and where were you? Cruising with that ty boyfriend of yours! Baekhyun yelled, stepping forward. Chanyeol pulled him back, scarred he’ll jump at her. You guys are so- Kyungsoo slammed the wall beside him. Get the out you ing retard. Seeing you makes us sick, you heartless piece of . He said, his face red with anger. Oh whatever. I know you still love me Kyungie. It’s getting late anyways, bye! She said, as she walked away.

 

Before rejoining her new friends, she stopped and looked at me. Mute duckling, you’re such a pathetic creature. She said, kicking some dust to Luhan. I suddenly stood up and couldn’t hold it in. I pushed her to the floor and was amount to punch the hell out of her, but Luhan pulled me away. She backed up, quickly stood up and looked a bit scarred. Y-you’ve changed a lot, Soori. But still pathetic as always. She said and walked away. With all my power, I tried standing up, but Luhan yelled at the guys to help him. Chanyeol held onto me until I had calmed down a bit. Half of the guys was comforting Kyungsoo and half was comforting me.