Accept it..

Cause I cant..

"What exactly happened to the two of you?" Jessica's mom asked one morning, it has came to Mrs. Jung's attention that their teen neighbor, her friend's daughter hadnt come over for almost two months now.. Jessica tried to shrugged the question, trying to avoid any necessary explanations she, herself cant provide.

What exactly happened to them? Was what she's been asking herself too and only a sigh was her answered. She dont know. She dont understand. If only her friend gave her any hint of what mightve been the problem or if she did something wrong that she failed to remember, it wouldve been easier to comprehend. But no, Taeyeon, her cool-enough-geek bestfriend just happened to have this personality that when she doesnt want to confide something which she rarely educe, she will never say it, ofcourse Jessica knew this thats why after their last encounter where she have cried a thousand tears, she didnt pry anymore. She knows better than that. She thought that maybe after days or a week Taeyeon would realize that she cant live without her but unfortunately it has been months now and no shadow of Taeyeon had presented itself in their doorstep and surprisingly even in school, she never had the chance to see her friend in any of it's premises.

"Did you fought over a guy?" Her mother pressed on. "Over a girl perhaps?"

"Mom, Im not Krystal okay?" She defended herself.

"Hey, are you insulting me?" Her sister had question which Jessica only smiled at and patted her head. "Ofcourse not, Im just making my point." She turned to her mother. "Im straight mom and I have a boyfriend which you all know well I love and who loves me back."

"Just asking honey. Me and your Auntie Kim talked about it yesterday and she also asked the same thing to me. She was also as surprised as I am that neither of you girls have been sleeping over on weekends which is really not you guys. The last time Ive checked, you two were inseparable." Mrs. Jung stated as she put more bacon and egg to her husband's plate.

"Darling, kids nowadays are unpredictable, one minute theyre all over each other and the next they ignore each other like strangers. But ofcourse I am concerned too with your friendship, that Kim kid had been your friend for almost 20 years including those time that you two have wetted my tempor and have broken my glass boat. So its really disturbing that you two had suddenly dcided to cut it off." Mr Jung reminisced what had happened back when the two bestfriends were still at their age of three.

"Not me Dad, she did."

"I didnt knew Taeyeon could do this, I mean she's the warmest person I know, well ofcourse after my beloved Amber, seriously Jess what did you do for her to hate you?" Krystal had said pointing her fork at her sister.

"Hate is a strong word." It came out as a whisper, not knowing how Jessica should put Taeyeon's withdrawal from her into words. "If only she had explained herself more to me."

"20 years and yet there's still things you dont know about your bestfriend?" Mr. Jung coldly asked, dissappointed, maybe because he likes that Kim kid and that as a person who's been called as someone's bestfriend, Mr. Jung knew all of Mr. Kim's ins and outs just like a book.

Jessica fell silent. Yes its true, she doesnt have any clue as to what provoked Taeyeon to break their friendship apart but thats just it, isnt it? Were there more? And if there's more, what sort of a bestfriend she is if Taeyeon hides secrets from her while she telle her bestfriend everything about herself? Anger had stirred up inside her chest, has Taeyeon never trusted her after all these years?

"We cant do anything about it Darling if Taeyeon doesnt want to tell our Jessica some things in her life." Jessica raised and stared at her smiling mother who had just saved her at the moment where her father had questioned her efficiency.

The dooorbell had rung and the youngest had immediately taken the initiative to answer it, declaring that "Its probably just Amber". After two seconds, Krystal came back with a sullen face. "Speaking of the devil."

Jessica had became frozen in her spot, her hands were sweaty and even without mentioning the devil's name she already know who it is, theyre only talking about one person anyways. Mrs. Jung noticed her daughter's immobility so she placed her warm hands over Jessica's and tapped her, waking her up from her trance.

"Uhh h-hi?" She knew Taeyeon tied but failed as nervousness was so evident along with her vey unusual stuttering.

Jessica stared at her bestfriend, taking her features in, all of those she had missed for over two months, she let her eyes feast, familiarizing again that face she had wanted so much to see for two long months.

"Im sorry for disturbing your breakfast." Taeyeon had said and made Jessica stiffened as she had raised her hand and wiped the ketchup's remnants on the stunned girl's chin. It was a habit Taeyeon had built since Jessica has the tendency of being a messy eater.

Jessica took a step back, "Ahh no.. No. Its okay, w-why are you here? I mean, do you need something?" She tried and obviously failed. Its painful specially now that the reason of her misery was infront of her.

"Can we.. err.. talk?" 

"Yeah sure, come in."

"Privately?" Taeyeon added when Jessica motioned her to the living room. "Yeah.. Ahh okay, in my bedroom?" Taeyeon only nodded, waving to the rest of the family as she walked 

 

"What?"

"I said Im only here to say goodbye." Taeyeon repeated, looking at Jessica's study table. She had picked up the picture frame where she and the girl whose sitting on the bed right now was in it.

"Goodbye? Youre leaving?" Taeyeon nodded. "But what about graduation? Its only a week away." Jessica gulped, wetting her rather dry throat. She wasnt sure if its because she had forgot to drink water earlier or the sudden news of her bestfriend leaving, but she chose the former.

"I was offered a work in Korea. Its an opportunity worth taking."

"But you promised that we'll get on that stage Tae.." Jessica paused and stared at her bestfriend she knew was trying so hard not to look at her.. "Is that the only reason why youre here?" Taeyeon nodded. It was like knives stabbing into Jessica's heart. It was more painful than not having to see her for two bad months.

Silence.

A very uncomfortable silence.

 

"Taeyeon?" Jessica fiddled the hem of her shirt still not taking her eyes off her friend.

"hmmm?"

"What did I do to deserve this? What did I do wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Then why did you break up with me? Why are you running away from me?"

Taeyeon looked at her for the first time since they got inside her cozy bedroom, but her eyes were different now. It wasnt those eyes that stared at her for almost 20 years with love and care. It was just plain cold and empty. And just as cold as her eyes, were her words "Cause I cant breathe the same air you breathe Sica.. I cant anymore.. Its suffocating me.."

"How long will you be gone?"

"I might not come back."

"What do you want me to say?"

"Nothing."

"So youre just really here to say goodbye huh? When's your flight?" Jessica tried to be happy or atleat look like she was excited by the good news. But was it really a good news? Is Taeyeon leaving a good news to her?

"5 hours from now." 

"Did you even thought of telling me?"

"Im telling you right now.."

"Right. Goodluck then."

Silence engulfed them again.

A very defeaning silence this time. Jessica had felt her eyes watered but she held it in, she doesnt want Taeyeon to see her cry not today, not before her friend's flight.

Taeyeon's phone suddenly rang. It was her dad, telling her it was time to go.

"Jessica.."

"hmmmm?"

"Are you hating on me now?"

"No. Why would I be?" Taeyeon didnt answered, instead she walked over to Jessica and with a swift pull, she enveloped her bestfriend in her arms. Feeling the familiar warmth, Jessica hugged back. There's no doubt that she really missed Taeyeon so much and probably after today, she's gonna miss Taeyeon more knowing that she might not come back for good.

Jessica didnt know if her tears had blurred her sight cause she was slightly not sure if she really did saw her friend her lip while staring at her own pair of lips. She's not also sure if where had the nervous and awkward yet comfortable feeling came from as Taeyeon's hands didnt let go of her waists and most of all she got confused cause for a second there she thought Taeyeon would kiss her only to feel disappointed that Taeyeon only patted her head and muttered a "Goodbye and take care of yourself." Disappointed? But why? Jessica had thought but was left unanswered when Taeyeon let go of her and started heading to the door.

The raven haired girl turned her head around when she had felt a hand clutched on the back of her shirt. "I-I have to go now Sica. My dad's waiting outside."

Jessica didnt want to let go but her hand involuntarily did. She didnt noticed her tears till the sound of the door closing called her attention. She wanted to ran downstairs to taeyeon but her feet was stuck on the floor. She cant move and oddly she started having a hard time to breathe, as if when Taeyeon left her room, she took all the air inside the room and left her with nothing..

She sobbed louder, she cried harder..

Taeyeon is leaving. As if her brain only processed it just now.. Her bestfriend is going somewhere far away from her and there's only a small possibility that she'll ever come back..

She heard Uncle Kim's car revved, she willed herself to move, for her feet to take a step but it was still planted on the floor. She wanted to stop Taeyeon from leaving.. She wanted Taeyeon tostay even if she's ignoring her, its better than knowing that they might not meet each other ever again.

As soon as the sound of Uncle Kim's car disappeared, Jessica let her knees gave up and her body slid down the floor.

"Taeyeon dont go.." She muttered to no one.. It was what she wanted to say the moment her bestfriend said "Goodbye." But she was unable to voice it out..

She wanted to prevent Taeyeon from leaving right when she said her flight was after 5 hours.. She just wanted to stop Taeyeon from walking out of her room when she grasped the other girl's shirt.. She wanted her bestfriend not to go..

Cause she can accept that Taeyeon's not talking to her but not the idea of not having the girl around her..

 

 

 

 

 

 



I know its supposed to be a one shot.. But who knows, this could be an on-going fic right?

Well an angsty one at that.. 

Ohh well..

I just had to put Kryber in this.. hehe Cant blame me theyre my OTP..

I just need something new.. hehe

Yeah.. so I ship Taengsic too.. whats wrong with that huh?

ohh has any of you noticed that the main title and the chapter titles were connected or something like that? It actually makes a complete sentence.. I only noticed it just now.. Haha

Okay Im babbling too much now..

Off to sleep now..

 

GrandpaBacon

ing out yoh..

^_^v